Burnley FC 2-0 West Ham Utd: Match Thread (30/12/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Re: ⚽ Burnley FC v West Ham Utd: Match Thread (30/12)

Post by Puff Daddy »

I wonder just how much that God awful strip was to blame for that mother of all pathetic performances
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Puff Daddy wrote:I wonder just how much that God awful strip was to blame for that mother of all pathetic performances

Its a shocker, it looks like its been washed with darks
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

We got caught out this time that game was too close to the soton game the players were f. Kd you could see it burnleys1 day extra made a he'll of a difference brightons gonna be the same I'll be glad if we don't pick u more injuries sky is running the fixture list to the detriment of the players it needs sorting big time in my humble opinion :crest:
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

Samba wrote: And if you think I'm going to kick the Brighton thread off...
:D

A sucker for punishment I see!
Ingwe
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

I'm so downcast by our lacklustre performance, I can't even bring myself to read the Burnley fan's comments. Too muck like deservedly rubbing our noses in it.
Sorry to say, I don't hold our much hope for a better performance against Brighton.
Let's hope I'm wrong.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Our worst performance of the season, by a distance.
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

1. Congrats to Burnley. Knocked us around and played well, especially first half.

2. Fortunately, Fab only got beaten twice. He did exceptionally well, and combined with some very wayward shooting from Burnley meant we only got beaten by a brace.

3. Key difference in this match and every other match we've played since the start of November was our lack of goal-scoring opportunities. The next point is highly subjective, but for instance, IMO we created more genuine clear-cut chances against Man City. Yes, we hit the target a couple of times vs Burnley but Heaton never really had to break sweat - we never made him work hard.

4. Bardsley and Gudmondssen did a very good job shadowing Anderson. They did very well and made him anonymous, which is perhaps at least part of the reason for (3) above.

5. Perhaps the whole squad was knackered - I have no way of finding out. Easy for any of us to justify any result after the fact. Knackered or not Burnley did a good job in exposing what we all know are some defensive shortcomings.

To be frank, as long as we keep creating goalscoring opportunities and converting a few of them I couldn't give a monkey's about leaking a few at the back. I am looking forward to seeing Arnie start with Hernandez up front again - we are going to see those amazing triangles with Anderson and equally amazing through-balls from Hernandez. Can't wait.