West Ham Utd 1-1 Liverpool (04/02/19)

An archive of match day threads originally posted in the General Discussion forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Post Reply
User avatar
Crossd_Hammrs
Posts: 3114
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Crossd_Hammrs » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:39 am

I didn't think much of the reffing at the World Cup, tbh.

User avatar
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Posts: 26158
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:31 am
Location: Those little golden birdies look at them

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by vietnammer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:41 am

hammerman11 wrote:I remember lee mason with his spray at free kicks
Haven't seen anyone getting out the 'Cossack' on tv this season. Has the practice ended?

johnnyb
Posts: 1467
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by johnnyb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:05 am

Colours never run wrote:I've just recalled a moment that happened the other night getting off the train at Stratford Int with the Olden and using the lift cos his knees are knackered these days. In the end we both wished we never bothered cos as soon as we got in, a group of scousers also came in with us. And as I was clearly west ham sporting my stunning white west ham scarf, one decided to pipe up during the silence how much he can't stand our Stadium. Now it weren't the fact I disagreed with what he said, it was more the total lack of respect he showed by rabbiting on about how **** we are and he made a point of doing it, there and then. All I could do under the circumstances as the old man can't be arsed with confrontation was to button it, close my eyes thinking of Pixie Lott naked, before letting one go. "Which one of you dirty bastards did that eh mate?!" as he looked accusingly at his fellow scousers. A win's a win, no matter how small. :D

**** I hate that pox entitled club.
We had a similar experience at Pudding Mill Lane after the Arsenal game. A loudmouth Gooner with about half a dozen mates spouting off about all things West Ham, not just the stadium. 'Mickey Mouse club' etc etc. As we got off at Devons Road, someone took a swing at him and handbags took place. Little boy crying 'why are those men fighting?'. His mum said 'because they are stupid'. Handbags stopped. Loudmouth told to keep quiet by his mates. Tw*t.


User avatar
Coops
Posts: 4908
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Rayleigh, Essex

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Coops » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:35 am

Are there any repercussions for officials who make such glaring errors?
Will the linesman be dropped down to officiating the Wickford Wafer Biscuit League or will it all be brushed under the carpet and forgotten?

sledger
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:18 pm
Location: Beneath the sky

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by sledger » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:06 pm

Just read that OV page ! what a load of deluded tossers those scousers are. :D

peter49uk
Posts: 2308
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by peter49uk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Apologise if already noted.

Now you don't get that very often these days, six British players in a Premier team starting eleven like the other night.

mushy
Posts: 13938
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:17 pm
Location: Kumb Poster of the year 2009

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by mushy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 pm

Coops wrote:Are there any repercussions for officials who make such glaring errors?
Will the linesman be dropped down to officiating the Wickford Wafer Biscuit League or will it all be brushed under the carpet and forgotten?
Its always a strange one this.
I would assume that the linesmen and referees got to the top by being the best at what they do.
Consequently if we drop them we would be replacing them with someone else with less ability.
Seems a bit of an own goal to me.
Or when you say repercussions, do you mean such things as hanging etc?
I am open to all suggestions.

User avatar
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Posts: 32848
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:19 pm
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:03 pm

listening to the radio yesterday - hands up, my fault - Bin Dippers dropped 5 points (all this from a peepoor memory) in their first 16 games and then 7 from their last 5 (or similar).

then they go on to round up the league leaders and thier chances etc. etc. etc. and I don't know HOW many times they referred to the fact they haven't won the league in 39 years or summat.

well we ain't EVER won it and it gets on my tits that they keep mentioning it - like it was a conspiracy or that - and that everyone would really be happy (the general populace) if they won it this year.

WHY !! ??

if you don't win the league it's because you don't deserve to. no other reason.

people should feel sorry for you that's it's been a long time since you held the title ?

had to give up at that stage and listen to Radio 4.

:asleep:

User avatar
woodford
Posts: 4958
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:35 am
Location: proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by woodford » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:14 pm

because the BBC keep holding onto this idea of 1970's Liverpool, who competed in Europe and won major trophies, and we're all supposed to like them as well for some reason.

They are grade A ass-kissers but in all fairness the crown in that regard has to go to ITVs Clive tildsley, he just adores their 'cheekiness'

User avatar
HammerMan2004
Posts: 21812
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:01 pm
Location: I have no idea.

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by HammerMan2004 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:39 pm

Haven't seen the video of racist abuse towards Mo Salah anywhere but I see we've released a statement:
"At West Ham United, we have a zero tolerance policy to any form of violent or abusive behaviour.

"We are an inclusive football club. Regardless of age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or disability, everyone is warmly welcomed at London Stadium."
Anyone remember when those sorts of statements just said:
We are an inclusive football club. Regardless of age, race, religion

User avatar
Billydinho
Posts: 12402
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Piss Making.

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Billydinho » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:40 pm

Religion should never be safeguarded from abuse.

User avatar
Albie Beck
Posts: 5525
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:42 am

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Albie Beck » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:46 pm

Billydinho wrote:Religion should never be safeguarded from abuse.
Agree - it's the root cause of much of it.

User avatar
Monkeybubbles
Posts: 6577
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:00 am
Location: Rumble, Brighton, Tonight.

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Monkeybubbles » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 pm

Billydinho wrote:Religion should never be safeguarded from abuse.
I'll get the hump if you call me a Spurs though.

User avatar
chuffster
Posts: 1727
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:45 pm

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by chuffster » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:18 pm

Just seen the video.The 'fan' is obviously a knuckle dragger.Shouting 'Salah is a f*cking Muslim, Salah you Muslim c*nt' is, frankly, just retarded.

User avatar
Monkeybubbles
Posts: 6577
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:00 am
Location: Rumble, Brighton, Tonight.

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Monkeybubbles » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Monkeybubbles wrote:
I'll get the hump if you call me a Spurs though.
That's odd, I typed the word Y I D and it changed to Spurs.

So obviously there's something to safeguarding religion from abuse.

User avatar
Graza
Posts: 1628
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Graza » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:24 pm

mushy wrote: Its always a strange one this.
I would assume that the linesmen and referees got to the top by being the best at what they do.
Consequently if we drop them we would be replacing them with someone else with less ability.
Seems a bit of an own goal to me.
Or when you say repercussions, do you mean such things as hanging etc?
I am open to all suggestions.
I believe hanging would be too good for them. As that is unlikely I think it would be better for the game and certainly us punters if the referees association opened up once in a while. I'm not talking about refs getting interviewed after the game, but some sort of open public reflection about standards and decisions. They are human (or at least they wear human skin over their reptilian bodies) and will make mistakes, when the mistakes are so, so obvious - both of those offsides were right in front of the man supposed to be looking at the game, it would be nice to know that it was being taken seriously as an error. Even Ex Refs in the media pointing them out and saying how the errors would be dealt with in their day, or are currently assessed would be useful. After major incidents like this (the unfair awarding of a goal due to a straight up error - the marginal ones where the nub of someones toe is offside not so much) it would be good if there were a minimum of a statement saying " this was wrong, we are speaking to the people involved" would help. You could then see 3/4/5 of these adding up and the linesman or ref being pulled from the top flight for a few games, they could even state that they were being demoted temporarily due to poor performance.

The silence is what winds people up. The "oh it evens itself out" stuff is nonsense, when was the last time we had an offside goal awarded to us against one of the big boys? Acknowledging that it went wrong would at least give people the faith that they knew it had gone wrong.

User avatar
S-H
Posts: 15056
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by S-H » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:24 pm

Spurs, no Spurs, I mean Spurs, not Spurs... Spurs Spurs

Oh yeah..

What sort of voodoo is this??

User avatar
Coops
Posts: 4908
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Rayleigh, Essex

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Coops » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:49 pm

mushy wrote: I would assume that the linesmen and referees got to the top by being the best at what they do.
Consequently if we drop them we would be replacing them with someone else with less ability.
Seems a bit of an own goal to me.
Or when you say repercussions, do you mean such things as hanging etc?
I am open to all suggestions.
Not getting to officiate such high profile games for a while may be a start.

But I think the whole way referees are employed should be changed.
For starters those at the top should be paid a salary which reflects the position of a person making million pound decisions (which is what they are doing). This would attract a higher standard of candidate to the role. Each game should be reviewed and the referee assessed, only the top scoring referees should be allowed to officiate the top flight and earn the big money.

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 7903
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: We'll win the League Cup next century...

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Samba » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:17 pm

[quote="Cuenca 'ammer"]if you don't win the league it's because you don't deserve to. no other reason./quote]
The shocking thing is, if 'pool NOW win the title by one point this season, they REALLY wouldn't have deserved it.
An astounding miss by a match official would have won it for them.

Post Reply