West Ham Utd 1-1 Liverpool (04/02/19)

An archive of match day threads originally posted in the General Discussion forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Post Reply
waynepin
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by waynepin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:47 pm

did someone drop some speed in klopps water bottle before that interview, also funny how many of their fans turned on him because spit said selling clyne was a mistake, they all said he was injury prone and not good enough when they sold him, now they need him for cover he's an England international let go without being replaced by a clueless manager, the wheels really are coming off, I hope city win tonight and sunday then man u beat Liverpool the week after. then its klopp the flop.

User avatar
HammerMan2004
Posts: 21812
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:01 pm
Location: I have no idea.

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by HammerMan2004 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:37 pm

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... d-15791346" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Turns out it was a Liverpool fan who has never been to Anfield that filmed it.

User avatar
Hampshire Hammer
Posts: 8933
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Somewhere south of sanity

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Hampshire Hammer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Monkeybubbles wrote:
That's odd, I typed the word Y I D and it changed to Spurs.

So obviously there's something to safeguarding religion from abuse.
I'm sure one of the mods can confirm or deny but I think I remember UTJ confirming a few years ago that this had been done in response to some complaints and possibly even someone official "having a word". We certainly had a couple of foreign posters who didn't understand that the "Y" word could be used about Spurs rather than being used as derisory term for someone who was Jewish.

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 7844
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: We'll win the League Cup next century...

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Samba » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:47 pm

S-H wrote:Spurs, no Spurs, I mean Spurs, not Spurs... Spurs Spurs
Oh yeah..
What sort of voodoo is this??
It's known as, 'The Corbyn Algorithm'..

User avatar
Colours never run
Posts: 14871
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Colours never run » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:53 pm

HammerMan2004 wrote:https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... d-15791346" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Turns out it was a Liverpool fan who has never been to Anfield that filmed it.
Of course it was.. :idea:

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 7844
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: We'll win the League Cup next century...

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Samba » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:34 am

HammerMan2004 wrote:https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... d-15791346" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Turns out it was a Liverpool fan who has never been to Anfield that filmed it.
Colours never run wrote:Of course it was.. :idea:
Tbf, just like ManU fans & Old Trafford, most Liverpool fans have never been to Anfield..

User avatar
Crossd_Hammrs
Posts: 3110
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Crossd_Hammrs » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:48 am

Monkeybubbles wrote:That's odd, I typed the word Y I D and it changed to Spurs.

So obviously there's something to safeguarding religion from abuse.
Shouldn't the word to which it got changed be added to the swear filter? :crest:

User avatar
Bamber Gascoigne
Posts: 4345
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:12 pm
Location: 51° 31′ 55″ N, 0° 2′ 22″ E

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Bamber Gascoigne » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:52 am

HammerMan2004 wrote: Turns out it was a Liverpool fan who has never been to Anfield that filmed it.
"Sádat Yazdani, 22, was sat in the home end for the Reds' Premier League clash against West Ham at London Stadium on Monday night."

Sounds like he's set a bit of a president there...

User avatar
dodger
Posts: 12021
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by dodger » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:54 am

Billydinho wrote:Religion should never be safeguarded from abuse.
Disagree. Like it or not people still hold profound beliefs, including atheists, and they shouldn't be abused because of them.

That doesn't mean you can't criticize their religion or disagree with their views, but it's not acceptable to abuse people based on their religious beliefs. Let's not forget that West Ham do have Muslim and Christian and Jewish players and fans. The fan who did it should be banned, simple as that.

User avatar
Crossd_Hammrs
Posts: 3110
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Crossd_Hammrs » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:59 am

HammerMan2004 wrote:Turns out it was a Liverpool fan who has never been to Anfield that filmed it.
Bamber Gascoigne wrote:"Yazdani, 22, was sat in the home end for the Reds' Premier League clash against West Ham at London Stadium on Monday night."
Are we sure it wasn't another Liverpool fan shouting the abuse?

User avatar
Doc H Ball
Posts: 9643
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:29 pm
Location: in nick

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Doc H Ball » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:15 am

Whether he’s a Liverpool fan in the home end or if he’s never been to Anfield is all rather beside the point. Our Club actively encourages ‘neutrals’ and would prefer a crowd made up of them.

The footage speaks for itself. We have a sizeable racist contingent that disguises itself as the marginalised working class which, in fact, is an excuse for complete stupidity.

We have a growing bad image - Henry/Phillips/OSB - not helped by our majority shareholder’s fraternisation with career criminals and glorified films. Large sections of the press dislike us and tbh I can see why. The Club can release as many well worded statements they want but our image has gotten worse not better.

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 7844
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: We'll win the League Cup next century...

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Samba » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:31 am

HammerMan2004 wrote:Turns out it was a Liverpool fan who has never been to Anfield that filmed it.
Bamber Gascoigne wrote:"Sádat Yazdani, 22, was sat in the home end for the Reds' Premier League clash against West Ham at London Stadium on Monday night."
Ohhh, the fella filming was a Muslim as well. So HE was the one upset because HE is a Muslim.
If he'd sat with his fellow Liverpool fans instead of being in with the home fans, he wouldn't have heard it. Liverpool fans have NEVER been heard shouting offensive things, but then he wouldn't know that, having probably NEVER sat with Liverpool fans, at a game.
I am not condoning what the guy shouted but it was not racist. A religion is not a race.
It sounds like young Mr Yazdani might be a bit of an agitator..

User avatar
dodger
Posts: 12021
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by dodger » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:32 am

Doc H Ball wrote:
The footage speaks for itself. We have a sizeable racist contingent that disguises itself as the marginalised working class which, in fact, is an excuse for complete stupidity.
I'm not sure about the word 'sizeable' here. From what I can hear in the footage, only one fan is hurling racist abuse, while the rest are just booing or whistling at Salah. The fan in question should clearly be banned.

Don't dispute there is a section of our fan base which is stupid though. Mind you, which fan base doesn't have that?

User avatar
dodger
Posts: 12021
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by dodger » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:37 am

Samba wrote: Ohhh, the fella filming was a Muslim as well. So HE was the one upset because HE is a Muslim.
If he'd sat with his fellow Liverpool fans instead of being in with the home fans, he wouldn't have heard it. Liverpool fans have NEVER been heard shouting offensive things, but then he wouldn't know that, having probably NEVER sat with Liverpool fans, at a game.
I am not condoning what the guy shouted but it was not racist. A religion is not a race.
It sounds like young Mr Yazdani might be a bit of an agitator..
West Ham also have Muslim fans believe it or not.

As for your point on it not being racist, this explains it pretty well:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-co ... 91660.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Colours never run
Posts: 14871
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Colours never run » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:39 am

Amongst a capacity of nearly 60,000, I wonder just how wide spread the problem is. It's only anecdotal, but others are welcome to share their own experiences, but since moving to the London Stadium I've not heard a single 'n' word, no 'muslim xxxx' like in this video, an occasional 'Y ****' word against Spurs but said more in the context of historical football term rather than because of religion, no 'black xxxx' and I'm located a few blocks away from this incident. In fact, I can't recall hearing any such things bar the Y word when playing Spurs for well over a decade when at Upton park and I'm not bullshitting. What ****'s me off is things like this get blown out of all proportion, coming across to all and sundry like it's a major issue amongst our fanbase yet the reality is anything but and as a set of fans, in general we are well behaved when it comes to this kind of thing. I can think of much worse places that religiously do it.

I'm not pretending we don't have some dinoaur numpties who have occasionally said the odd choice questionable thing either as I'm sure we do like in this instance, like anywhere else, I just don't think it's anywhere near the issue it's conveniently made out to be because of nasty little west ham with an old hooligan rep. Makes for a great cheap headline grabber though don't it and the busy nark is clearly enjoying his 5 minutes of fame, happy to tell all media outlets on Twatter that they can share his excellent social justice footage to the world... :asleep:

And lastly once again I don't condone what the idiot said and think he deserves a little ban (not a ****ing lifetime ban as we all make silly mistakes we regret later on!) to think on next time before shouting it.

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 7844
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: We'll win the League Cup next century...

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Samba » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:18 am

dodger wrote:West Ham also have Muslim fans believe it or not.
I'm sure we have dodger & the more the merrier.
As for your point on it not being racist, this explains it pretty well:
The piece states that Muslims are not a race. It later states that The Indigenous People of America, are not a race. I would think that they are & were. It's quite a confused piece but then it was written by a sociologist..

only1post
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:48 am

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by only1post » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:33 am

Lejean Richards is the latest victim of knife crime on a London Street.
The MET police should be spending their time reducing this needless waist of young black lives not following up on someone filming a stupid imbecile shouting racist comments. I could spend my time filming neighbours, workmates, people in the pub or on the street, family members, maybe even myself many years ago making various degrees of racist comments, but would the police get involved. Not a chance, this in news worthy because it's Liverpool/Salah.

Our country is jam packed with racists and it's up to Joe public to gradually eradicate this by calling people out when they see it rear it's ugly head, even in it's most least threatening forms.

The police have enough to do.

Hypocrite maybe, but I bet I'm not the only one on this site who has sung about running around North London with our dicks hanging out.
Surely it's time to stand up and make a difference, before we produce another generation of imbeciles.

User avatar
Colours never run
Posts: 14871
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Colours never run » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:03 am

Only1post for me gets it and a very honest post who doesn't hide from the issue.

Many hypocrites everywhere love to virtue signal, especially when it comes to the internet/media. I don't doubt there's some squeaky, clean whiter than white (is that phrase allowed anymore..) folk who are good as gold and can practice what they preach and good luck to them, but there's others like yourself who accept there's always been a problem in society and that it's better to convince people to change their behaviour by either calling them out, disowning them or re-educating through life. And it does work as we've come a long way as football fans from the 70s/80s in football, without the need to hand out endless life time bans and convictions to everyone who has ever used a throw away cuntish choice word at the football, or in life in general.

Let's have it right, the only reason this was brought to everyone's attention via recorded footage on social media, is because it was a high profile game and a Scouse fan on the wrong end of an important result, not because he's doing the world a favour. He's done it to get one over a West Ham fan and also for popularity/shares/likes. Now you can over hear similar racial language in other settings in life, down the pub etc if you really want to go looking for it easily, yet he won't bother because it doesn't involve his beloved football team and it's not as interesting as this situation arose. But that's cool, he's entitled too (saying that isn't recording at a match prohibited?), I just hope someone does the same the next time they're in a Scouse boozer/Anfield end.

User avatar
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Posts: 11417
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:28 am

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by Clacton-ammer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:38 am

OnlyIpost wrote - this needless waist of young black lives, remove black and I am with you on the rest, far too many young people of all races/creed etc etc are being wasted.

User avatar
richneal
Posts: 3166
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:33 am
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Liverpool: Match thread

Post by richneal » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:05 am

Samba wrote:I am not condoning what the guy shouted but it was not racist. A religion is not a race.
It's also not racist to call most of the people posting on this site uneducated pr**** from Essex.

I've no doubt that my assertion is incorrect, uninformed, bigoted, offensive and downright effing stupid . . . but it's not racist. Let's have a poll - since it's not racist should I be allowed to repeat it ad nauseum without consequence?

Post Reply