Manchester City 1-0 West Ham Utd (27/02/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

HighWycombeHammer

Re: ⚽ Manchester City v West Ham Utd: match thread (27/02)

Post by HighWycombeHammer »

[quote="the pink palermo"]**** me that was a **** of a journey back last night. The ****ing M6, 3.45 a.m.return.

And I thought my 1.30am to High Wycombe was bad......
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2480 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

We were robbed and deserved a point.

Doubly annoying as Wolves and Watford both lost so this would have been a massive bonus point. 7th is still achievable.
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

the pink palermo wrote:My final thought though is a fit, motivated productive Arnie would have seen us leave with at least a point last night. He's wrecked our season, and for all the grief we give the Chairman on here, sometimes we need to point the finger at the players.
Agree totally, after a bad start getting to grips with loads of new factors I thought we were building nicely into what could've been a very good season by our standards. Then stroppy b*llocks decides it's time to try and get more money one way or another for HIM and it upset the apple cart. Zab alluded to it but we could all see the wheels coming off during that period. In supporting this club there's always a massive dog dirt round the corner you don't see but always tread in.
Bluemanc100

Post by Bluemanc100 »

kenthammer1984 wrote:Apparently Sane is the fastest player in the prem (or was last season) and it sounds as if Fredericks kept up with him?
Sane was poor last night.... a shame we needed a soft penalty to win the game after spurning lots of chances but you have to win ugly sometimes. After the game Sunday I thought we were always going to struggle.. fans and team which showed.. the place was devoid of atmosphere at times.

You lads made some noise and it was great to see Zab, Pellers and the Lesbian again...
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

Bluemanc100 wrote:
Sane was poor last night.... a shame we needed a soft penalty to win the game after spurning lots of chances but you have to win ugly sometimes. After the game Sunday I thought we were always going to struggle.. fans and team which showed.. the place was devoid of atmosphere at times.

You lads made some noise and it was great to see Zab, Pellers and the Lesbian again...
Soft..

All I can say is, you better ****ing win the league now, after that gift from the ref lastnight.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Lesbian tickles me, it shouldn't, but does :D

Bluemanc, I really wanted us to take something last night, at least we actually came away with some pride this time.

Now go and win the league & stop the Mickeys....for ALL our sakes.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:We were extremely unlucky to lose, but that doesn't change the fact that they deserved to win IMHO.
:?

But surely you only deserve to win if you score more legitimate goals than your opponents (as Coops said) without also resorting to dubious means of preventing your opponents from scoring?

Why does the more expensive team deserve to win?
S-H

Post by S-H »

Goals win games, not the amount of possession you have, not how well you play or how many chances you miss.

They needed a dodgy penalty decision to beat us, so on that basis they did not deserve to win.
Bluemanc100

Post by Bluemanc100 »

All I can say is, you better ****ing win the league now, after that gift from the ref lastnight.

Not arguing but there was a shoulder and I didn't see Bernado claiming much.. Unlike More Salad who doesn't need more than a gust of wind and he's over...

A shame as I said because we did enough to win I thought without that...
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

bowltorious wrote:And there we have it, barely mentioned and quickly brushed under the carpet
Well at least they showed it - unlike their extra-added-on injury time goal against us at the OS this season which should have been offside - not that that goal changed the result, of course.
They didn't sho the close up angle that clearly shows Silva moving his leg out to the side and then going down under literally no contact.
That's because it officially didn't happen. I defy you to find a video on Youtube or Twitter that shows it: they've all been removed - so there's no longer any proof it :hush:
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

wivenhoetim wrote:As others have observed the away section looked less than full yesterday, was this due to a cap on numbers or did we not sell our allocation?
I'd imagine people stayed away as we usually get tonked by this lot.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Fredericks is good enough to play in this league. Thought he was our best player yesterday. Superb stamina. Was still making surging supporting runs late in the game yesterday, and getting back to make defensive contributions regularly as well.

Rate him. Would play him if he's fit from now on.
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Now you are being a bit overly critical IMHO. Shearer is an awful pundit and a complete helemt, and he was wrong about the penalty IMHO, but Manchester City did deserve to win. They had nearly 80% possession, 20 shots vs 2, 7 on target vs 1 and hit the woodwork a couple of times

We were extremely unlucky to lose, but that doesn't change the fact that they deserved to win IMHO.
I don't understand that at all, surely you could argue those stats both ways, so if a team has all that possession, all those shots and still can't win in a fair and square manner then actually they deserve nothing.
I would say that a really good, resilient, gutsy performance from us meant that we deserved something from the game.
It's all a bit of a nonsense really.
Sky blue Manc
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Sky blue Manc »

Respect to those of you who turned up last night, you're always welcome at ours.
I thought you were a lot more organized than previous games and are improving under Pellegrini. I thought Fabiansji ulled Offa few good saves to keep the score down. Good to see Zabaleta again. He's revered as a living legend. What a guy.

Good luck for the future lads.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Sky blue Manc wrote:Respect to those of you who turned up last night, you're always welcome at ours.
I thought you were a lot more organized than previous games and are improving under Pellegrini. I thought Fabiansji ulled Offa few good saves to keep the score down. Good to see Zabaleta again. He's revered as a living legend. What a guy.

Good luck for the future lads.
hope you win your diving match-up with liverpool Image
S-H

Post by S-H »

YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

They cut us open at will two or three times last night, and we were saved by either profligacy (Silva not finishing a chance) or desperate defending on the line on those occasions. While the penalty was a bit soft, I don't think I'd be admitting that if the boot had been on the other foot and would probably be aggrieved that we hadn't had one.

No complaints about the result from me, as I thought they had basically all of the play. We had once chance all night and Ederson made a great save from Carroll to end it.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2480 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

It's annoying when you think about it.

Denied a win vs Liverpool due to a clear offside goal.
Denied a point vs Citeh due to a dive to win a pen.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 3486 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: Manchester City
http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=133311
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

didn't expect anything from this game just glad our goals against didn't suffer I hope they go on and win the league cos ive always liked the blue side of manchester :crest: