Cardiff City 2-0 West Ham Utd (09/03/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Re: ⚽ Cardiff City v West Ham Utd (9/3)

Post by neathiron »

Piss poor. Got caught cold start of both halves, typical West Ham. This is why we'll never crack the top 6 when we continually underachieve against these type of teams.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

crouchy

in all fairness though I do hold up my hand when I am wrong. I don't mind admitting it.

I don't know best.

this game was not crying out for sexy football. not at all..it was a life or death situation for them a 9 pointer if you like.

there was no way we were going to be allowed to play. if they hadn't got the start they did you can bet there would have been loads more of the Harry Arter tackles. they laid down their marker early doors and to be honest if anyone thought differently fair enough, they are entitled to their opinion.

no one has come on here and said "hands up I was wrong."

I haven't said they were out of line.

sorry if I came across as patronising. don't mean too.

maybe I should make myself wait at LEAST 30 minutes after games like that to post.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

chigwells finest wrote:I looked at that xi before the game & our bench and thought , we're gonna win this 3-0 . :lol:
Not digging you out but how long have you supported West Ham? I've seen so many similar perrformance and results over the past fifty odd years. I honestly don't think that will change any time soon. As someone else said earlier, we always have too many players who play for West Ham because they are not good enough to play on a consistent basis for the top teams. Sad for us but true. Even Moore, Hurst, Peters and Byrne played with so many average or even below average players.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

The big club mentality that Pellegrini harps on about, clearly goes to their heads because I'm sure we turn up expecting to turn these teams over, when we have no right whatsoever to believe that.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Cardiff City 2 West Ham Billy Big Bollox 0,

WSe were so complacent it was unforgiveable, in these types of games you have to earn the right to play sadly we thought this was a gimmie and got what we deserved.

Also Cardiff really have problems as a team and as a club the amount of empty seats was incredible, how can they expect to thrive on a half empty stadium. Like most clubs they fill it for the top 6, but no where near capacity on the bread and butter games.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

e-i-c

wait, official attendance was at well over 30K according to my stream !!!!!!!

:wink:
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I would have played antonio instead of Lanzini and maybe zab instead of Fredericks but I doubt it would have made much difference.
We have been very poor away from home for months regardless of who plays. I dont know why. We just don't seem to have any oomph and start slowly. I don't think it is down to lack of desire or effort, buy things just aren't clicking. It is clear we need another combative and athletic midfielder though.

As I mentioned though we are not the only team wildly inconsistent. All of the mid table are. Look at Leicester''s or Bournemouth''s results. Wolves lost st home and away to Huddersfield . We will probably still be only 4 points off 7th tomorrow night.

We are actually more consistent than some as we are decent at home and crap away.

Relegation threatened physical team beats mid table light weight team. Been happening since football started!
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

It's absolutely where West Ham are.

Not at it and well beaten. About the sixth time since Xmas so it's as if anyone should have expected anything better. No more away points this season but hopefully five or six at home. Eleventh place.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

4 away wins all season.

Everton, Saints, Fulham, Barcodes.

Do we have a motivation problem away from home because it clearly looks like we do?
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:e-i-c
wait, official attendance was at well over 30K according to my stream !!!!!!!
:wink:
They got Sulli to count the attendance..
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

steps wrote:4 away wins all season.

Do we have a motivation problem away from home because it clearly looks like we do?

Thank goodness we have picked up points at 'home' this season then, otherwise we'd be in real trouble.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Quite possibly. Unless we sit back then break at pace we just seem to end up getting overrun in the middle of the park.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Patito wrote:

Quite possibly. Unless we sit back then break at pace we just seem to end up getting overrun in the middle of the park.
Pat

you had me there for a minute, then I realised you were in fact, taking the p*ss

:D
Crouchend_Hammer

I don't think it is motivation at all. Look at who we have beaten and who we have lost to. We just struggle against big physical teams who stop us playing.
Everton, Southampton, Fulham, Newcastle are all a bit more cultured [or try to be].
We need a couple of really strong midfielders to compete in certain types of games. Noble is not physical, Rice [for all his talents] is not very physical. Obang is abut as physical we have but compare him to someone like Capoue.

I don't think players aren't up for it [except maybe Arnie] we just need to toughen up physically and mentally
3 Hopes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by 3 Hopes »

One of those games where you can watch 5 minutes and bet your house on us not scoring. About 5th one this season as well. ****ing awful
Macca1973
Has liked: 1798 likes
Total likes: 1119 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

My_Sobriquet wrote:Hang your heads in shame West Ham

I almost went today, so glad I didn’t, sympathies to those who travelled we heard you loud and proud, you above all else did not deserve that
Blimey MS, how many times have we said that down the years. It’s the one and only constant thing about West Ham to be proud of, was part of it in my younger days and am happy that it continues. Best away support in the country.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I know that Arnautovic has let everyone down but I think he was better than Chicharito. I struggle to recall Chicharito touching the ball in a meaningful way in the whole game.

Time to stop with Chicharito as a lone man up front in the starting line up imo.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

We don't have enough up front. Not enough movement, not enough strength, not enough pace. We did have that with Arnie, but that has gone now since his change of attitude.
Crouchend_Hammer

Hernandez is most effective with Antonio playing wide in a front 3.
Antonio being sidelined in the last couple of games is the most baffling decision Pelligrini has made recently.
To me he should be the first name on the attacking team sheet and joined by two or there others
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

3 Hopes wrote:One of those games where you can watch 5 minutes and bet your house on us not scoring. About 5th one this season as well. ****ing awful
Agreed.

Some games we get away with it, but other games it really hits home that we have Noble and Snodgrass lumbering around midfield and a static Hernandez up front. We looked so sluggish today.