West Ham Utd 0-2 Everton (30/03/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Everton: match thread (30/03)

Post by steps »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
to me, the issues wasn't so much as the starting players but the formation
Perez and Antonio either side of Arnie with Snodgrass in midfield would have been much better
Why has he switched the formation? I think it’s to accommodate Lanzini.

A front three with Rice, Noble and Manu in the middle is where we’d get most joy.

Snodgrsss is seemingly being shoehorned in to every starting line-up now too. I think he needs to drop back to the bench for a bit.

We’ve no pace in the team anymore.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

steps wrote:
Why has he switched the formation? I think it’s to accommodate Lanzini.

A front three with Rice, Noble and Manu in the middle is where we’d get most joy.

Snodgrsss is seemingly being shoehorned in to every starting line-up now too. I think he needs to drop back to the bench for a bit.

We’ve no pace in the team anymore.
Rice, Noble and Lanzini in the middle doesn't solve the problem for me

I would play Rice, Noble and Obiang next week
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

If play Rice, Noble and Lanzini with Lanzini more advanced instead of Noble. Nobes and Rice sitting.

Lanzini also playing centrally instead of the left.
Jon
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 142 likes

Post by Jon »

Spoke to a mate who went. He said he and his group knew we'd lose at 430pm when the team was announced.

At HT many sitting near him left. The deflation was palpable and turned to anger and despair. He's still furious 2 days later.
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

Jon wrote:Spoke to a mate who went. He said he and his group knew we'd lose at 430pm when the team was announced.

At HT many sitting near him left. The deflation was palpable and turned to anger and despair. He's still furious 2 days later.

He's not alone. I keep saying to myself, I missed a Saturday evening to watch that?
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Spoke to so many people today who are still raging about that. Like a few other games it could have been about 6-0 which I think Rice has admitted today.

Fabianksi has papered over the cracks big time this season.

Take the first goal, Diop plays the man on who then wins a corner, he picks up Zouma who just trots in behind him and wins the header while he stays rooted to the floor. Just shocking lazy defending.

They by-passed us at will. The only one who came out with any credit was Oggy.
Aleksej

Post by Aleksej »

I unfortunately did not manage to get on this game, I imagine what the atmosphere was at the stadium. I have long been a fan of West Ham United F.C. This is my favorite team. But I managed to buy tickets with my friends for one more game, which will be held on April 29, I hope this time our players will recoup. I have never been to this stadium, in search of information on the Internet I came across the guide [url]https://worldstadia.com%20/london-stadium.html[/url]. Here I learned in detail about the history of the stadium and the landing plan. We also managed to find some good hotels near the stadium. What would you advise to choose The Westbridge Hotel or Epsilon Hotel?
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
I would play Rice, Noble and Obiang next week
You'll probably win.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Rice, Noble and Obiang midfield at home is a real reason not to go watch a football game. Not sure it's even acceptable away at this Chelsea.

Lanzini is a central midfielder and maybe the only person capable of moving forward with the ball in central areas.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Aleksej wrote:I unfortunately did not manage to get on this game, I imagine what the atmosphere was at the stadium. I have long been a fan of West Ham United F.C. This is my favorite team. But I managed to buy tickets with my friends for one more game, which will be held on April 29, I hope this time our players will recoup. I have never been to this stadium, in search of information on the Internet I came across the guide [url]https://worldstadia.com%20/london-stadium.html[/url]. Here I learned in detail about the history of the stadium and the landing plan. We also managed to find some good hotels near the stadium. What would you advise to choose The Westbridge Hotel or Epsilon Hotel?
Hello Aleksej,
You need to check your dates. We are NOT playing on 29/04.
We are playing AWAY at Tottenham on Sat 27/04, kick off 12:30
We play at home on 20/04 (Leicester) & 04/05 (Southampton).

As for the 2 hotels, never been to either so difficult to advise. The Westbridge is closer to the stadium but both are in walking distance. The Epsilon is very close to a supermarket (Morrisons).
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Wilko1304 wrote:Rice, Noble and Obiang midfield at home is a real reason not to go watch a football game. Not sure it's even acceptable away at this Chelsea.

Lanzini is a central midfielder and maybe the only person capable of moving forward with the ball in central areas.
Disagree. The attacking prowess of a team is not just down to the players on the pitch but the formation and mentality.
No point having loads of out and out attacking players on the pitch if they never get the ball.
Noble is a very good footballer if played a little bit further forward released from too much defensive responsibility.
Obiang and Rice to play a bit deeper, but can also get forward when possible.
Three attacking players with Noble providing the link
With a solid middle with two playing deep you can get your fullbacks higher up the pitch.
It is similar to Liverpool when they play Wijnaldum, Henderson and Milner in the middle, or Spurs play Dier, Sissoko and Winks.

Until we buy a better midfield player this is an option IMHO. It can still be attacking if done properly. It isn't though we are blowing teams off the park with our attacking play at the moment anyway
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

That's our season over and i think we'll be lucky to finish top half.
Pellegrini got the formation and the team selection wrong.
We really do have a lot of rebuilding to do. There will be a lot of changes this summer. Probably all of Arnie, Chicarito, Perez and carroll are gone, we need two strong central midfielders
Diop has been responsible for 3 of the last 5 goals conceded.
We have no leaders apart from Noble who is on his last legs
Everton were basically everything that we aren't
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Annoyingly we appear to be one of those teams that seem to only fancy it against the top teams.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

lets hope so for the next 2 games at least !
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

hammerman11 wrote:lets hope so for the next 2 games at least !
Guarantee we will be a different team against Chelsea.

Bet your house on it.