Man Utd 2-1 West Ham Utd (13/04/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2780 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Re: ⚽ Man Utd v West Ham Utd: match thread (13/4)

Post by Hammer.CA »

Garth Crook's team of the week, his musings on Pogba,

Paul Pogba: Big moments in games require big players. Paul Pogba assumed the mantle of the big man way before he came to Old Trafford, but since the departure of Jose Mourinho he has convinced me (arguably his biggest critic) that he never ducks the big occasion. The two penalty conversions against West Ham got Manchester United out of jail. He may not always produce his best performance but he makes himself accountable.

So there you have it, to win the MotM award you don't have to be the best player on the pitch that day, you just have to be 'accountable'.
:thdn:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Hammer.CA wrote:
So there you have it, to win the MotM award you don't have to be the best player on the pitch that day, you just have to be 'accountable'.
:thdn:
Steve McManananamanamanman gave him MOTM on BT Sports for scoring two goals. He said himself that several West Ham players deserved it, and had it remained 1-1 he'd have given it to a West Ham player, but as soon as he converted that second penalty it was MOTM to Pogba.

I don't think the bloke touched the ball all game other that those two pens?

:eh:
Last edited by sendô on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

It seems you can't be in crook's team if you're not in a winning team . Noticed this before with him.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 467 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

sendô wrote: Steve McManananamanamanman gave him MOTM on BT Sports for scoring two goals. He said himself that several West Ham players deserved it, and had it remained 1-1 he'd have given it to a West Ham player, but as soon as he converted that second penalty it was MOTM to Pogba.

I don't think the bloke touched the ball all game other that those two pens?

:eh:
The panel were ripping the piss out of McManaman for the decision. Bilic asked some thing like "who had the better game, Pogba or Anderson ?" and McManaman replied "well yeah, and Rice..." then looked away suitably embarrassed
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

We completely deserved three points and ended up with none.

What I will say on the goals is that some of the decision making was poor. Snodgrass’s tackle was baffling and showed a real lack of awareness. Martial was in far too much space anyway.

It was at least a pleasure to see us go there and show other teams how to better Man United. It’s just a shame they’re in a battle for the top four with so many other detestable sides.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

a coaching analysis on the game

make of it what you will:

https://www.coachesvoice.com/tactical-a ... 6-80469665" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I think they just need a coaching analysis on the Officiating on Saturday. Pellegrinis tactics were bang on.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:a coaching analysis on the game

make of it what you will:

https://www.coachesvoice.com/tactical-a ... 6-80469665" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks!

:thup:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Colours never run wrote:I think they just need a coaching analysis on the Officiating on Saturday. Pellegrinis tactics were bang on.
firstly I don't think it criticized either manager.

and secondly and unfortunately they won't or ever do that.........for whatever reason I am not 100% sure but I think it's mainly because it is purely a coaching aspect. just the make up of the teams, strengths and weaknesses and trends

however of course, losing that pen made us change our tactical approach somewhat as did the 2nd goal.

fair analysis of how the game changed when a) Rashford came on and b) when Lanzini went off.

as I say, make of it what you will.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Not coaching as such, but there is analysis done by an ex pro McDermott on sky sports and even when it's blatantly obvious their 1st penalty wasn't, he still says in the cold light of day, it was the right decision. And this is a guy who's supposed to know the rules observing after the game was played.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

everyone wants to keep their job and/or move up the ladder. pissing off the big bods is biting the hand that feeds you.

that's why I hardly ever watch now...… CL good games on paper, La Liga Barca and/or Real (but will no doubt stop when Messi retires because he still amazes me with his talent).

same teams over and over and even when the game is obviously as boring as shyte, the commentary team try to inject adjactives to make it seem lilke it's the most exciting game in the world.