West Ham Utd 3-0 Southampton (04/05/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4920 likes

West Ham Utd 3-0 Southampton (04/05/19)

Post by -DL- »

Saturday, 4th May, London Stadium.

KO: 1500

Last home game of the season. 3 points please, as I won't hear the last of it if we finish below Palace... :oops:

COYI!

:crest:
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham United v Southampton: Match Thread

Post by Robbie »

Yes, to finish below Palarse would be a truely hideous thing for me as well.
I think we have 3 very good performances behind us now and I expect this to continue. Fair play West Ham, you have kept me interested until the end this season after all. Please don't f*** it up now.

Hope you are good DL. :thup:
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 891 likes

Post by Samba »

Well, we can still finish from 8th to 15th. I fancy us to win this, especially now that the Saints are safe.
It would also be lovely for us to get 50+ points.
Paolopaul
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 296 likes

Post by Paolopaul »

Same team to start I hope. There’s a genuine chance for a very positive end to the season.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Sadly, I think we'll West Ham the living f*** out of this fixture and somehow contrive to lose two-nil.

I can't see us playing to our potential for four matches on the bounce and I suspect that many of our players will view beating Spurs away as job done for the season.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....stay calm folks! We know what happens when we go all deluded!
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

When is snodgrass’ appeal?!

Don’t want to have him banned for this one!

Should have pleaded guilty couple weeks ago when he didn’t play anyways!
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Another team, I can't ****ing stand
hammer1975
Has liked: 978 likes
Total likes: 1154 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Need to make sure we’re up for this firstly.

In normal circumstances i’d say start the same team - but has that actually worked for us this season at all?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

This team won the Championship, when we were also promoted, and have, by and large, finished above us, save for last season (when we finished 7th, they bided their time and nicked 6th in the dying days of the season).

They are now safe, so their change from Hughes and his boring tactics, to 'the Alpine Klopp' was a risk worth taking.

I've personally seen enough, to be satisfied that Fredericks is an adequate replacement for Zaba, but there is a possible return for the older player, perhaps so as to give him the chance to wave his farewells to the crowd at the OS next weekend.

Other than that, I would expect the defence to remain as it was yesterday.

Obiang is a likely replacement for Snodgrass (who is clearly playing well enough to be considered for a squad place next season).

Personally, I would rest Lanzini, because there is no real need to hurry him back.

Can we turn a corner and keep two consecutive clean sheets? I think that the least we can sensibly hope for is to now go unbeaten for the rest of the season.

I fancy Arnie to show up in this one. Also for Redmond to play well, but for us to win it, 2-0 or 2-1.

Arnautovic and Anderson to notch
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

This will be a difficult game as hassletoff has reinvigorated them and they are now safe.

head says a 2-2 draw again but heart says 2-0 west ham.

again not sure if snoddy is available for this one I think he will be banned so my team for the last home game in which we need to sign off with a win after the lod mayors show is:-

fab
fredericks Balbuena diop masuaka
noble rice obiang
Antonio arnie Anderson

subs Adrian zab og Coventry Holland diagana perez

could be the last time we see the likes of obiang arnie zabaleta adrian ?

2-0 west ham antonio and arnie !
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Something like 2-1, 3-1, 3-2 seems probable.

Looking at their recent record, both teams to score looks likely. We're in form now and have the need to perform as we are at home, whilst they may drop off a little as they are finally mathematically safe.

We've been by far the better team in recent match ups with this lot.

If we do win, and Watford fail to beat Chelsea, we'll go into the last game of the season able to get both a top half finish and 50+ points.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

next level achieved then
DorsetSaint
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by DorsetSaint »

Greetings happy hammers, well done on the Spurs victory, and yes the moans and bias 'reporting' of that game was a disgrace.

Here on the south coast we have, despite making losing leads into an art form, at least clawed our way to safety.

You had a deserved win at our place earlier this season and I'd be surprised, though pleased, if you didn't complete the double.

Our one hope is we seem to have found a coach/manager who actually can, erm, coach and manage. We signed no one in the last transfer window so he's had to work with the demoralised crap Hughes left us. That said I watched the Spurs game live yesterday and our back five is going to look ragged by the game's end. I can only hope that the curse of Austin's knee comes into play.

It might provide you with another laugh to know we seem to have found an even worse owner than you, in that we're not only unsure who it is and they/he/it won't invest. Happy Days!
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by MadMart »

They're safe now and if we play like we did against Spurs it should be 3 points - Antonio in the middle of a front 3 with Arnie on the right and Anderson on the left - 3-0 top half finish, almost :scarfer:
Pob!
Has liked: 1064 likes
Total likes: 696 likes

Post by Pob! »

We will win 3-1 we will finish top 10 and Southampton have a very strong hatred of us for some strange reason..
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

Couldn't care if we lose both this and the last game 5-0. That win at Spurs yesterday was so sweet and will last a few weeks for me...
61dicksey
Has liked: 580 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Living between Portsmouth and Southampton i really want us to destroy these c****.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 1104 likes

Post by Rio »

DorsetSaint wrote:Greetings happy hammers, well done on the Spurs victory, and yes the moans and bias 'reporting' of that game was a disgrace.

Here on the south coast we have, despite making losing leads into an art form, at least clawed our way to safety.

You had a deserved win at our place earlier this season and I'd be surprised, though pleased, if you didn't complete the double.

Our one hope is we seem to have found a coach/manager who actually can, erm, coach and manage. We signed no one in the last transfer window so he's had to work with the demoralised crap Hughes left us. That said I watched the Spurs game live yesterday and our back five is going to look ragged by the game's end. I can only hope that the curse of Austin's knee comes into play.

It might provide you with another laugh to know we seem to have found an even worse owner than you, in that we're not only unsure who it is and they/he/it won't invest. Happy Days!

Cheers Dorset.

I’ve got an after the Lord Mayors show feeling.

2-1 to you lot
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

DorsetSaint wrote:Greetings happy hammers, well done on the Spurs victory, and yes the moans and bias 'reporting' of that game was a disgrace.

A worse owner than ours, you say? Whatever happened to that fat bird with the German name? Is she no longer your owner ? How come she had enough money than buy a football club ?