PSF: Hertha Berlin 3-5 West Ham Utd (31/07/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

BethnalGreenHammer74
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Re: Hertha Berlin vs West Ham Utd: match thread (31/7)

Post by BethnalGreenHammer74 »

I know many people won’t agree with me, but I would drop Anderson and have Fornals on the left, Lanzini in the middle and Antonio on the right.
So far in the preseason games Anderson hasn’t warranted a starting place.
He doesn’t track back, gives the ball away far to easily, gets shrugged off the ball, and I can’t remember the last time he beat his man.
BethnalGreenHammer74

My memory must be playing tricks on me, I forgot he had a 20 mins spell at playing well against the City kids in the first half. But apart from that, I sometimes forget he is on the pitch.
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

S-H wrote:The perfect Pre-season friendly result, in my eyes.

A confidence boosting win scoring five good goals in the process, but conceding three, the players will know that there is still work that needs to be done.
Early prediction hammer of the year Fabianski, he's going to be a busy lad
Patito

Post by Patito »

BethnalGreenHammer74 wrote:I know many people won’t agree with me, but I would drop Anderson and have Fornals on the left, Lanzini in the middle and Antonio on the right.
He doesn’t track back, gives the ball away far to easily, gets shrugged off the ball, and I can’t remember the last time he beat his man.
He won us the penalty against Man City.

He’s had his moments. Wasn’t at the races at times yesterday.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Anderson looks like he's only playing at 50% which I'm fine with, it's pre-season there's no need to go full throttle, he has nothing to prove, I bet he will come out of the blocks firing when the season starts.

The last thing we want, is our best players overexerting during pre-season and picking up a silly injury.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

S-H wrote:Anderson looks like he's only playing at 50% which I'm fine with, it's pre-season there's no need to go full throttle, he has nothing to prove, .
Whilst i agree it's pre season, and that's never a barometer worth looking at, I don't agree with the bit of I've highlighted.

I think he has , along with one or two others, plenty to prove this term.

Two or three magical moments a season isn't enough at this level.
BethnalGreenHammer74

SH, I hope you are right about him playing at 50% as it’s pre-season, but I would be hoping with the season starting in 9 days, that he was nearer the 90%

He really needs to start earning his place in the team, a few glimpses of magic a season isn’t good enough.

Hopefully like you say, he comes out the blocks firing.
Patito

Post by Patito »

the pink palermo wrote:
He was producing two or three magical moments a game for months.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

the pink palermo wrote:
Whilst i agree it's pre season, and that's never a barometer worth looking at, I don't agree with the bit of I've highlighted.

I think he has , along with one or two others, plenty to prove this term.

Oh, I meant in pre-season, pink.

In terms of the season proper, he along with the entire squad absolutely have it all to prove, no player should be a guaranteed starter without earning it.

For me, as long as they come through pre-season fit and healthy, that is all that matters. Judge them on their performances when the season begins.

At times Anderson was carrying us last season, what with Lanzini and Yarmolenko out, and Arnie throwing a strop, hopefully with extra quality around him, he will continue to flourish.

I wouldn't worry about his pre-season form though, as I said he looks like a player who is holding a bit back.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Based on what I've seen I hope Fabianski has a season like he did last year where he saved us at least 12 points and doesn't get injured leaving us with Roberto.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

BethnalGreenHammer74 wrote:I know many people won’t agree with me, but I would drop Anderson and have Fornals on the left, Lanzini in the middle and Antonio on the right.

I find he struggles more to get into games playing in a 4231, rather than a 433 which I think suits him more staying in a game. He looks a bit isolated at times playing in this formation. It's a starting position that doesn't encourage you to get back and he appears to suffer at the moment from it. He's still doing some very good work though joining in attacks, just not so much of the good work going back the other way which he was fairly good at last season when more involved.
Josie112002
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Josie112002 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Extended highlights just in case they have not been posted. Think we may be entertained next year :)
Patito

Post by Patito »

Josie112002 wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Extended highlights just in case they have not been posted. Think we may be entertained next year :)
Nice, cheers.
Graza

Post by Graza »

I thought Dianganas goal was the pick of the bunch. The got one one one, totally f aked out the keeper and slotted like a champ.

By contrast you look at Hallers and you think "how the f*** did that go in".

Good run out though. Nice to see them going through the gears and picking up towards the start of the season.

Looking forward to a good season up front and plenty of of cross your fingers at the back.

Any word yet on what happened to Fab?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Graza wrote:I thought Dianganas goal was the pick of the bunch. The got one one one, totally f aked out the keeper and slotted like a champ.
I liked the clever one touch pass Yarmolenko makes which sets the play up for Diangana and Sanchez to just walk in too. I was gutted to discover he was out for the entire season last year but see signs he's already getting back to the pacey, trickery football he's so good at. Think he'll have a big part to play this season as long as he stays relatively injury free this time.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

You're on a wind up yeh ?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Just watched the highlights...whoever it was who made the joke that our new kit looks like a pair of dungarees on backwards was spot on!

:D

Irgendweg, as they'd say in the Hertha home end...back to the Mallorcan sunshine Image
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Any word yet on what happened to Fab?[/quote]

Fab felt a slight twinge in the groin so was rested - expected to be fit for Saturday.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

The build up play to our fourth and fifth goals... Mouthwatering
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

A lot of positives going forward in the games but I am concerned at what I’ve seen from Rice and Balbeuna who have been anonymous, especially the later whose positional play has been awful. The new lads look quality and Lanzini has picked up the yard of pace he lost while out injured. Maybe Rice needs Noble around him to give him a bit of guidance but if he were coming through this season he’s way off first team form.