PSF: West Ham Utd 1-4 Manchester City (17/07/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: West Ham United v Manchester City: Asia Trophy Match Thread

Post by Colours never run »

Diop did stink the place out as well, as much as I usually like him. Like Reid, looks a lot more at home on the left side of defence.

What's the latest on Maripan? There was a lot of early talk about him but I've heard nothing since then about how it's progressing, not even that other teams are in for him. I was getting used to the idea of him possibly turning up, sounded right up Pellegrinis street of what he likes.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Colours never run wrote:Diop did stink the place out as well, as much as I usually like him. Like Reid, looks a lot more at home on the left side of defence.

Only watched the first half admittedly but from what I saw I thought Diop put in a solid enough performance - Opinions eh ?
Patito

Post by Patito »

Diop played well overall I thought. Always looks better next to Balbuena mind.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

I just watched the highlights. Obviously they are edited but you have to say on those that the result flattered city. It could have been 3-3. One less penalty to them and one for us and one more had we not hit the post.
Defence was dodgy as normal. I still think we have the players in Diop, Ogbonna, Balbuena and Reid, they just need managing properly.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

hammerman11 wrote:usual scoreline but with a few new players we may be closer on august 10th.

sanchez - awful but he is going no where as he is 35 and on big wages. he has one year left on contract so no idiot will buy him. I would rather we played Cullen instead of him. the only player not to get on apart from martin.

ogbonna - was his usual shaky self. we do need to upgrade as not good enough. Talk of marzipan coming in would be what is needed.

reid - good to see him back in the shirt. lets hope he has an injury free season and gets back to where he was.

midfield - at one point we had obiang and sanchez in the middle. no chance against most teams with those two in there. we need another CDM asap. cuellar, kessie or haydon must be signed for this important part of the team.

hernandez - his usual useless self. offers nothng to the team. sell for 8m asap.

anderson - looks in the mood this season. we have some player there. hopefully him and haller hit it off asap.
Sanchez is 33, not 35. Stop making up ages to suit your agenda.

It’s Maripan. And have you even seen him play?

We will never start a game with Obiang and Sanchez, Rice, Noble, Wilshere and Snodgrass are all ahead of them, Hayden is absolute bog standard and I doubt you know who Cuellar is.

You’ve really got a gripe with Hernandez don’t you? He’s decent back up and a great super-sub, who would you replace him with? And please don’t suggest Welbeck or Sturridge.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Haven't seen any highlights, but going on the information you chaps have provided, we never stood a chance.

As people have already said, it seems that this "competition" is solely geared up to showcase the talent of City and the rest of us have flown half way round the World to make up the numbers.

Positives:- No injuries of any description and we've bought a top class striker.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... t-18500809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Man City slammed as “disrespectful” and “arrogant” for attitude on pre-season China tour

In an editorial following City's trip to Shanghai and Nanjing for the Asia Trophy, the government-owned Xinhua Agency has accused City of only going to China for the money.

The article, under the headline 'Chinese fans' love for Man City goes unreciprocated on home soil', says that Pep Guardiola and his squad failed to engage with local supporters in the same way as tournament rivals Wolves, West Ham and Newcastle.

The attack will come as a huge embarrassment to City's Abu Dhabi owners.

Sheikh Mansour sold a 13 percent stake in the club to Chinese Media Capital for £265million in December 2015.

The article published in Xinhua - and carried on the media giant's English website - begins by blasting Guardiola for refusing to speak to fans after City beat West Ham in Nanjing last Wednesday night.