Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 West Ham Utd (17/08/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 435 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Re: ⚽ Brighton and Hove Albion vs West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Would be a less than subtle hint that he should do one ASAP.
Collison Theory
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Collison Theory »

funky chicken wrote: It'll be very intriguing to see who'll get the armband IF Cresswell is dropped.
Gotta be the General for me.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Colours never run wrote:If Ajeti started ahead of Hernandez, that would be ****ing insulting to Hernandez.
Then Hernandez needs to up his game. He has been nowhere near good enough in the past 2 seasons when we have played the formations we favour. And for me he was easily one of our worst players in pre-season. Alongside Cresswell, Ogbonna & Sanchez.

It certainly makes a mockery of how much we are paying Hernandez in wages when he could arguably be our 4th choice striker. As you'd imagine Haller, Ajeti and even Antonio could be ahead of Hernandez in who Pellers would prefer to play up top on their own.

On a separate note I see Ben Johnson is wasting his time playing for our u23s. While Zabaleta and Cresswell are still somehow ahead of him in the pecking order of the match day squad.

Sadly looks like despite being one of the shining lights of pre-season he won't be getting a chance anytime soon. Shame really.
Last edited by funky chicken on Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

Appearantly Haller is fit
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Colours never run wrote:If Ajeti started ahead of Hernandez, that would be ****ing insulting to Hernandez.
So we endure a match of an anonymous striker just to save him from a public humiliation?
We are powder puff - present the ball to us,give us some time and space and we will muller them!They do the obvious and it will be a walk in the park for them.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Tackler wrote:Appearantly Haller is fit
Where have you heard that mate?
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

Patito wrote: Where have you heard that mate?
13 Brentford Rd 2:28 Sat Aug 17
Re: ⚽ Brighton v West Ham - Official Match Thread
Haller fit apparently.

ironsofcanada 2:29 Sat Aug 17
13 Brentford Rd 2:28 Sat Aug 17

Source?

13 Brentford Rd 2:34 Sat Aug 17
My cousin who is usually right. Has a source on the net somewhere.

http://westhamonline.net/article.php?9311245||1||" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here´s hoping
Patito

Post by Patito »

Fingers crossed then. I’m a massive fan of Anderson but Haller’s hold up play is crucial, I’m desperate for him to be fit for this one.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

ashbanki wrote: So we endure a match of an anonymous striker just to save him from a public humiliation?
What are you on about? You know exactly what I mean..
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Funky chicken

'Nowhere near good enough'... Yet has a decent goals to minutes ratio when he does get given the chance to play. He doesn't get played enough for the quality he has as a Striker.
jastons
Has liked: 900 likes
Total likes: 858 likes

Post by jastons »

Patito wrote:Fingers crossed then. I’m a massive fan of Anderson but Haller’s hold up play is crucial, I’m desperate for him to be fit for this one.
Haller has only been here two minutes and Anderson blows hot and cold. If we lose today then it won't be because those two aren't playing.
Patito

Post by Patito »

CNR - he scores but he doesn’t hold the ball up well enough for us to keep the ball in the opposition half.
Patito

Post by Patito »

jastons wrote:
Haller has only been here two minutes and Anderson blows hot and cold. If we lose today then it won't be because those two aren't playing.
I mean I never actually said the above but whatever.

If we can’t make the ball stick up top because Haller isn’t playing, well actually, yes that would be a big factor.
Colours never run

Patito wrote:CNR - he scores but he doesn’t hold the ball up well enough for us to keep the ball in the opposition half.
It's not true he cannot hold play up. I would never argue he's great at it as there are clearly others better at it, like Haller. However, what he does is rarely loses possession be either drawing a free kick, or lays balls off first time to one of our players when close enough to him. The evidence was there last season when Arnautovic was out injured, he came in and we went on a good run and everything looked really healthy for us leading up to Christmas, until Arnautovic did the unthinkable. But it's simy not true he cannot keep possession and bring others into play. Not saying you, but I feel some fans cloud their judgement of him more because of he likes the occasional dice, which I also don't like to see. But he does hold at up in one form or another and attacks don't constantly break down as much as people like to think happens.
Patito

Post by Patito »

I didn’t say ‘he cannot hold play up’. What’s wrong with people misquoting this morning? It’s clear Haller’s hold up play, strength and aerial presence is miles above Hernandez’ though. Or would you disagree?
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1675 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

West Ham United : Fabianski, Frederiks, Diop, Balbuena, Masuaku, Rice, Wilshire, Snodgrass, Fornals, Lanzini and Hernandez.

Team according to Ex.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

61dicksey wrote:Balbuena or Wilshere. probably the obvious choices for captain .
Didn't Fabianski captain us a couple of times last season?

After hearing Rice shouting at players over the pitchsides mics last week, I'd chuck it on him. Sounded like he had complete confidence in telling others how to do their jobs.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

Fornals, Lanzini and Hernandez as our main attacking threats... better keep it on the floor then!
Codu
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Codu »

EastleighHammer16 wrote:West Ham United : Fabianski, Frederiks, Diop, Balbuena, Masuaku, Rice, Wilshire, Snodgrass, Fornals, Lanzini and Hernandez.

Team according to Ex.
I'd have Yarmolenko instead of Snodgrass (if he's fit), otherwise that's my preferred 11, considering the injuries.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

****ing Snodgrass. Sorry, I just don't get it