AFC Bournemouth 2-2 West Ham Utd (28/09/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

AFC Bournemouth 2-2 West Ham Utd (28/09/19)

Post by -DL- »

Saturday, 28th September. KO: 1500

Going to be a very tricky one this, off the back of our humiliation at Oxford.

I'd happily take a point right now, but I fear this may well be our first away defeat of the season.
DanT93

Re: ⚽ AFC Bournemouth v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by DanT93 »

Going to be a very hard game, i think we now no who will be starting left back :lol: Fully expecting a quick bounce back from last night, Im going to the game and going to stay positive by predicting a 2-1 win.

Line up

Fabianski/fredricks/diop/oggy/cress/noble/rice/anderson/fornals/yarmolenko/haller

Its nice to see a regular unchanged starting 11 which has been rare for us over the years.

COYI
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

Was looking forward to heading down there yesterday - booked my trains with a big smile on my face. Now dreading it.

Cresswell I would assume starts again after last night and I guess it has to be Fornals again in place of Manu.

Would bite your arm off for a draw.
JustJoe85
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by JustJoe85 »

Looking forward to the hysteria on here and doom mongering after last night. If it's any consolation to you all they feel the same based on their cup exit with a whimper to League 1 oppo.

Bro in law is a Bournemouth fan so get all the news and expect another close game here.

Interesting that according to the Xg tables (not always the best measure) Bournemouth and West Ham are the 2 most overachieving teams so far this season based on that stat. Get the lineup back to normal here and give them a game.

Family bragging rights are at stake!
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

I have absolutely no idea how this is going to turn out.
:shock:
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

im off to Spain on Saturday

i wont know the result until i land - i see that as a good thing

safe journey to all those going down there
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

BondsoBob wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:33 pm I have absolutely no idea how this is going to turn out.
:shock:
Both teams can go from the sublime to the ridiculous so yes i agree. Could be anything!
claretnblueglasses
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by claretnblueglasses »

As much as it was typical West Ham that we got dumped out of the cup last night, it would be equally as West Ham to go and get a result in this fixture now.

Back to the starting XI of last week and hopefully wipe yesterday’s result into the distant memory banks.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

back to normal and hopefully the unbeaten run continues. I think it will, just!

our main problem is yet again central midfield who to play alongside rice and noble. fornals is not yet up to scratch, Snodgrass relies on workrate although delivers a good corner, wilshere is slow and fragile then we have sanchez who is old slow and useless !

upfront yarmo isn't fully fit , haller gets no service so cant score and Anderson has been poor lately.

hopefully the oxford result will wake a few up !
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Bournemouth are pony.

We should win this.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Fabianski
Fredericks Diop Ogbonna Masuaku
Noble Rice Fornals
Yarmolenko Haller Anderson

Roberto, Cresswell, Balbuena, Sanchez, Wilshere, Snodgrass, Ajeti
Patito

Post by Patito »

Billydinho wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:48 pm Bournemouth are pony.
They're one point below us in 6th....
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

On paper, I'd make this the hardest game we've had since the opening day - and yes, I include the Man United one in that.

I think they'll do us over, 2-1.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

YorksHammer wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:18 pm On paper, I'd make this the hardest game we've had since the opening day - and yes, I include the Man United one in that.

I think they'll do us over, 2-1.
Agreed, Yorks. This game will be much harder than the Man Utd game. Would definitely take a draw. Another clean sheet would be amazing but not likely.
artlin

Post by artlin »

Let us just hope that some of the players read through the Oxford posts and realise how disgusted we are with that performance.

Maybe they will get their fingers out of their arses and put in a decent performance.
ohsnap
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by ohsnap »

was never looking forward to this one - for me this is the sort of game that defines our season. Both clubs have started out strong and are looking good. This is exactly the type of game we usually bottle and I feel like that might happen again at the weekend.

Pray I am wrong and Pellegrini + Noble gets everyone's heads in the game and we get a convincing win so I can eat my own words.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:35 pm back to normal and hopefully the unbeaten run continues. I think it will, just!

our main problem is yet again central midfield who to play alongside rice and noble. fornals is not yet up to scratch, Snodgrass relies on workrate although delivers a good corner, wilshere is slow and fragile then we have sanchez who is old slow and useless !

upfront yarmo isn't fully fit , haller gets no service so cant score and Anderson has been poor lately.

hopefully the oxford result will wake a few up !
Fornals who played decently in the 2-0 win over Man Utd, 'not up to scratch'.
Yarmolenko, back from injury, vital goals in our last two games, arguably our best player against Man Utd, still gets called out.
Anderson 'poor lately', assist for Yarmolenko, our most dangerous player, still topping stats for tackles alongside Rice and Masuaku.
Haller 'can't score', absolutely dominated Man Utd, 3 goals in 5 games.

Do you just regurgitate the negative opinions you read on here?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

After last night, I wonder just how fickle the players minds must be ahead of this match. I 've gone from super confident of getting a good win and 3 lovely points to dreading the worst and a complete and utter dicking, all in the space of just a few days. Nobody can tell me the players will just wipe last night out of their minds and go out and perform like world beaters, even if only a handful of them played against Oxford
Patito

Post by Patito »

Puff Daddy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:57 pm Nobody can tell me the players will just wipe last night out of their minds and go out and perform like world beaters, even if only a handful of them played against Oxford
I wouldn't want them to wipe last night out of their minds. I hope it's at the forefront of their minds and they realise they owe us a performance. :crest:
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Puff Daddy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:57 pm After last night, I wonder just how fickle the players minds must be ahead of this match. I 've gone from super confident of getting a good win and 3 lovely points to dreading the worst and a complete and utter dicking, all in the space of just a few days. Nobody can tell me the players will just wipe last night out of their minds and go out and perform like world beaters, even if only a handful of them played against Oxford
We went from beating Man U to losing to Oxford
No reason we can't go the other way
Bournemouth lost to Burton with their back-ups as well. In fact, their record in cups is absymal

If we lose to Bournemouth it is because of other factors, not last night

We have already determined the mind-set for our players, both first team and back-ups, is different in the league

FWIW i think we will lose. But that is because Bournemouth are a very good side at home, and we have been very average away so far this season