West Ham Utd 2-3 Tottenham Hotspur (23/11/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Re: West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur: Match Thread 23/11/2019

Post by DM »

Macca1973 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:52 pm For those watching on TV, make sure you tune in at 12.29pm to see our part in the build up!
I'll be watching through closed hands, behind the sofa, in another room, with the sound turned whilst drinking 2 bottles of finest Claret.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

True to form, he is going to keep faith in Roberto in goal. This man takes stubbornness to a whole new level
One Peter Butler
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Post by One Peter Butler »

:kumb:
Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:02 am True to form, he is going to keep faith in Roberto in goal. This man takes stubbornness to a whole new level
I don’t know Puff. His style to me has been to completely drop a number of players from the squad in his spell here.

It is a strange one though because this keeper has clearly seen better days. Let’s at least hope the midfield and defence turn up this week. That would at least give the keeper a chance. Whilst the keeper should perhaps be dropped based on form, in my view the greater crimes are being committed by those swinging the lead. But because they did not punch the ball in the net they are not so much under the microscope. The real cancer is the outfield players if you look deeper.
wivenhoetim
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by wivenhoetim »

Think he’s caught between a rock and a hard place with the keeper situation.. I think he has to persevere with Roberto. For me the call is the keepers to make and sure Pelle has approached it as such. If Roberto feels right I’d go with it. It’s a confidence thing for me, if it were solely based on performance we’d be fielding a team of two!! As others have said there are many others who are just as culpable but their mistakes are obviously less noticeable !!!!
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

looks like noble will make it and Antonio to. Antonio on the bench for me and noble starts. there is no real alternative to Roberto . martin is a practice keeper only ? anang is too young and inexperienced. what a state of affairs. fabianski really does hold this team together.

in defence surely ogbonna will be back and masuaka ?

we also need to play someone up top with haller to get him in the game.
so a slightly changed team from what I was predicting last time out.
I would like us to play 442 with yarmo up top with haller and Anderson playing as a right side midfield.
roberto
fredericks diop ogbonna masuaka
anderson noble rice anodgrass
yarmolenko haller

subs martin cresswell balbuena antonio ajeti fornals wilshere

surely they will try fo this one ? can only see a defeat but I live in hope. come on west ham wake up !
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

Dreading this game so much. Does anyone have any hope we'll get a result? I know you can't predict this fixture, but I honestly cannot see anything other than a Tottenham win tomorrow.
One Peter Butler
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Post by One Peter Butler »

TommyHammer wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:03 am Dreading this game so much. Does anyone have any hope we'll get a result? I know you can't predict this fixture, but I honestly cannot see anything other than a Tottenham win tomorrow.
We will do well to keep it to just a 3 goal defeat.

The best thing to do this weekend is to avoid Match of the Day. ‘Squeaky’ Lineker will have them first on and personally interview Jose about how many trophies he can win them!
Graza

Post by Graza »

wivenhoetim wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:45 am Think he’s caught between a rock and a hard place with the keeper situation.. I think he has to persevere with Roberto. For me the call is the keepers to make and sure Pelle has approached it as such. If Roberto feels right I’d go with it. It’s a confidence thing for me, if it were solely based on performance we’d be fielding a team of two!! As others have said there are many others who are just as culpable but their mistakes are obviously less noticeable !!!!
At the end of last season someone pointed at the XGoals we allowed to be created and fired at Fab was one of the highest in the league, certainly the highest of those around us in the league. He had a great season which papered over the cracks of us allowing those sorts of opportunities. Faced with an inferior keeper (or even the same keeper in lesser form) we would naturally concede more goals. It was therefore asserted that we needed a partner for Rice in front of the defence and or some new recruits at the back to stop teams creating at will against us. This didn't happen and to an extent we are paying the price for it.

However, while Roberto has made some decent stops he has also let in what should have been routine catches and has even created goals with barmy distribution.

We need to stop the regular flow of solid chances for the opposition for sure. But when you can just kick a ball into the area and he'll punch it in, or hit a weak free kick from a third of the pitch away and score you can't win games.

I felt **** about this game before the last few days - I told a couple of Spurs I work with that I fully expect them to get their season going on Saturday as we are so regularly that stepping stone game for clubs underperforming or struggling. With the managerial change the question is what impact will that have on the attitude of their players. Are they going to go out there and play for a spot in the new man's team, are they going to sulk having lost the man who made them look good or can Moanrino introduce his particular brand of toxicity earlier than ever before...

I never leave games early but I can see us being 3/4 down inside 35 minutes and considering the exit.
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rasp »

3-1 COYI.
Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Jarvo »

I have a feeling that Roberto will become a cult hero based on his heroics against Tottenham tomorrow.

2-0 :crest:
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Jarvo wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:52 am I have a feeling that Roberto will become a cult hero based on his heroics against Tottenham tomorrow.

Well he doesn't do average, does he?

So he will either be a hero, or make the mother of all f*ck ups...
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

Jarvo wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:52 am I have a feeling that Roberto will become a cult hero based on his heroics against Tottenham tomorrow.

Let's hope it is cult and not a similar alternative.
Longaz
Has liked: 1385 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

New manager bounce, Tottenham without an away win in the League for best part of a year and Roberto in goal means I just can't go into this game expecting anything. Wish I could say I don't care.
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

Think he has to play Roberto.

What if he drops Roberto and then Martin makes a clanger in this game? Who do we play next week at Chelsea?

Roberto owes his manager, his teamates and us the fans a performance... if he doesn't deliver tomorrow, then fair enough he needs to be dropped.

What we need is to get behind him... not the ironic cheers he was getting at Burnley when he made a save or took a simple catch after his error. It's a bit muggy and not West Ham
daytimedave
Has liked: 273 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Post by daytimedave »

Row X wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:44 am Think he has to play Roberto.

What if he drops Roberto and then Martin makes a clanger in this game? Who do we play next week at Chelsea?

Roberto owes his manager, his teamates and us the fans a performance... if he doesn't deliver tomorrow, then fair enough he needs to be dropped.

What we need is to get behind him... not the ironic cheers he was getting at Burnley when he made a save or took a simple catch after his error. It's a bit muggy and not West Ham
agreed. need to get behind him and try and instal some confidence in him.
will be interesting the reception he gets when his name gets read out
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

never have i looked forward to a spurs match less than this one . we need anderson to really spark and get good delivery to haller . we need roberto to actually play like a goalkeeper ( thats if he plays ) and the other 8 to be ready to die for the club on the pitch . there will be so much TV scrutiny on this match after this week , that if it really goes pear shaped for MP , this could be his last game
Patito

Post by Patito »

Anyone seen Michail Antonio's instagram post? Image
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Patito wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:05 pm Anyone seen Michail Antonio's instagram post? Image
Yes.

daytimedave
Has liked: 273 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Post by daytimedave »

Patito wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:05 pm Anyone seen Michail Antonio's instagram post? Image

:thup: happy days
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

https://www.instagram.com/antonio_michail/?hl=en