West Ham Utd 2-3 Tottenham Hotspur (23/11/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Re: West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur: Match Thread 23/11/2019

Post by chigwells finest »

steps wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:30 pm And the ref gave them ****ing everything. :x
he did , how Kane never got a yellow is bewildering
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 616 likes

Post by Croydon »

Kane got a yellow along with Snodders after their altercation
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Fed up of hearing about the negatives , we all know what they are , it's time to concentrate on the positives and celebrate the return of Antonio , from the moment he came on we looked a different side and despite being 1-3 up Tottenham were resorting to sneaky fouls , they could sense the game was changing in West Ham's favour and I loved the passion shown by Snodgrass when fouled by Kane with Noble adding a bit of afters a few minutes later - both West Ham's goals were superb and Rice was unlucky that they brought in VAR this season or we may have come away with a 3-3 draw [ ok , I may be scraping the optimistic barrel here ] . :)

The players have to start the next game with the same attitude they finished today's , play for each other , play for the manager and play for the supporters .

I still think Pellegrini is the right man for the job .
Graza

Post by Graza »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:00 pm Did you watch the game?
He didn't do one thing. Got beaten to every 50/50. Every single first touch or lay off gave the ball away. Didnt make any runs behind and was not in any way a danger in the opposition box. He didn't even make much attempt to close down their defenders when they had the ball.
He won some headers that went nowhere that was it

I used to give Carroll stick for better performances than that so it is no agenda. He is just offering absolutely nothing and hasn't done for about six games
In fairness every time he contested the ball he had a man in his back and the ref just waved it of, Kane got free kicks every time he was touched. In the last 20 or so when actual energy was expended he was involved. In the first have at 0-0 Anderson should have pulled the trigger and instead played the ball 2 yards behind Haller. What the f*** is he supposed to do with service like that?
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

IG8Hammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:26 pm Whilst it did crack me up when he was ironically cheered after being passed the ball by the ball boy, I felt a bit bad for Roberto when he ran straight off the pitch at full time.

Yes he is crap. But his confidence is shot to pieces and the fans aren't helping.
And he should keep on running far far away. I'd rather see Alvin Martin's boy in goal whatever the outcome. Roberto is utter crap. What do you think the fans should do then? It's ridiculous to turn this on to the long suffering supporters! Get rid of the clown at first opportunity.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

artlin wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:35 pm Agree with steps and diogenes above.

We have a strong squad, skilfully players. Just not motivated. Lack of mental energy, enthusiasm.

For me, Pellers is starting the wrong team and wrong formation.

He always advocated the 4 2 2 2 formation but insists on playing 4 3 3 or 4 1 4 1. Haller is isolated.

Something needs a radical change. Unfortunately I think it might be the manager.
Erm, no we dont. Most of them cant even pass a football, they buck out of challenges and lose virtually 50/50 ball and that is just the physical side of things when t comes to squad depth, it's virtually non existent
Graza

Post by Graza »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:38 pm The players have to start the next game with the same attitude they finished today's , play for each other , play for the manager and play for the supporters .

I still think Pellegrini is the right man for the job .
They should have started the Burnley game the way they ended against Newcastle. They didn't.

They have to remove thumb from arse period. The manager must make them.

But Antonio makes us such a different team. Willing to shoot, willing to run, strong, elusive, eccentric. Everything we love in a player. Well I do.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:34 pm Oliver wasn't great by any stretch, but Fredericks got booked for an awful challenge on Son, which on review - he was a very lucky boy to stay on the field.......
One of those that looked worse on slow-mo.

Treatment of Roberto by certain "fans" shameful. NOT The West Ham way.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Croydon wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:23 pm Tosh. He won at least 8 contested headers in the first half.
He won a couple of headers that went nowhere. He is about 6ft 3 so should be able to do that
Every 50/50 on the floor he was beaten to and everyone he got the ball to feet he mis controlled it or gave it straight away.
IG8Hammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by IG8Hammer »

Maybe just get behind him when he has our shirt on.

Admittedly, he looks like an outfield player who's had to go in goal after the keeper's been sent off.

P.s. just seen their first from the other angle. Ignore everything I said. :shock:
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Patito wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:53 pm Your Haller agenda is boring, Crouchy.
Say what you see. He was poor for a good 60 minutes.
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 269 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

Wonder how dl got on with the reindeer today?
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

Michael Owen of all people summed it up at half time. We have a team full of flakey flair players. We're ****ed unless we can get a big sam type manager in to organise and drill these players
OohAahButler
Has liked: 570 likes
Total likes: 294 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Roberto is utter crap. What do you think the fans should do then?
[/quote]

Support the team? You know, like through thick and thin. It’s not as though he’s trying to be crap, he just is. I wish he was better, really I do. Not taking the piss out of him every time he touches it might make him just slightly less crap.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by costa75 »

Antonio took less than 5 minutes to show us how truly s*** Haller is. It's great news that he's back. I also thought Rice had a good game, Snods and Nobes not to bad either. The rest were poor, although not quite as poor as of late.

It's been a long time since I've looked forward to a game less than this one today, and when it looked as if we might not get there, because of The Central Line, I wasn't that fussed. I'm glad we did get there though because we enjoyed the day due to the hilarity caused by the fans around us.

Things are not what they were, but give me West Ham fans over any other group of people.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 616 likes

Post by Croydon »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:42 pm He won a couple of headers that went nowhere. He is about 6ft 3 so should be able to do that
Every 50/50 on the floor he was beaten to and everyone he got the ball to feet he mis controlled it or gave it straight away.
FWIW I think he had a poor game, but you said he did nothing.

I just watched back and he won 8 headers being challenged by either 1, 2 or 3 opposition players and there was no one near him to pick up the second ball.

Had Antonio been buzzing around him from the start we might have seen a decent partnership form earlier in the game.
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Georgee Paris wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:29 pm Well that was fun. On the plus side - Tottenham were terrible as well. Think we will win at there’s with fabianski back. Might even stay up.
Jesus what are people watching. Spurs could have been 5 up
If they were terrible then what were West Ham?
Ingwe
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

I won't post more details of this lacklustre performance as it conforms with what I posted two weeks ago; you have to manage expectations or you'll be permanently disappointed. Our club is poor so expect nothing better. What really pisses me off though is that I decide to not have any social media and find that, on match days, I can't access this forum because it's so slow and what do I see when I do get on but effing tweets! You're either a football forum or you're just another social media site. Make your choice and I'll make mine.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:00 pm Did you watch the game?
He didn't do one thing.
Well that’s not true is it.

You’re normally a reasonable poster I don’t understand why you’d just straight up lie. You’ve clearly got something against the bloke.

We’ve got much bigger problems than Haller.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Patito wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:59 pm Well that’s not true is it.

You’re normally a reasonable poster I don’t understand why you’d just straight up lie. You’ve clearly got something against the bloke.

We’ve got much bigger problems than Haller.
The only problem I have with him is that he is a complete waste of £45m, and clearly I am not the only one who thinks so
Anderson and Diop equally rubbish recently