Southampton 0-1 West Ham Utd (14/12/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Re: ⚽ Southampton v West Ham United: Match thread (14/12)

Post by wildkard »

Diogenes wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:12 am Not sure if its been mentioned previously, but there seemed to be an awful lot of empty seats at the ground.
Yeah, noticed that when one of their other games was on TV as well.
steps
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 253 likes

Post by steps »

HammerAl wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:37 pm I didn’t used to mind Southampton, with them being one of my local clubs, but their fans are some of the most arrogant going. I used to work with a load and they were unbearable, looking down their noses at every club outside the top six. Weird.

They deserve to be relegated and it’s about time they go down.
They gave us some serious abuse when we had Allardyce. Remember one year at Upton Park they were chanting “hoooooooof” every time we touched the ball. Think it might of been the game Taylor got sent off. While they were playing football in the vein of Barcelona according to their fans, they are a precious lot.

As for Saturday’s game, I thought Antonio’s goal being disallowed was very harsh. But I thought him and Haller looked a handful up top, and if we’re to see the best from Haller this is the way to go.

Sanchez gets lazy criticism I feel. But you could see what Pellegrini was trying to do and shore things up a bit to protect he points. My only concern now is if Martin’s injured and we have to go again with that clown Roberto in goal for Palace because that would put us at a disadvantage before a ball is kicked.

Pleased to get the win and pleased for Pellegrini. I don’t really want to see some stopgap fire fighter manager come in for the remainder of the season. Hopefully we can kick on now.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Late to the party on this, but I would just like to... :scarfer:

Cracking oppo view as well :lol: