West Ham Utd 3 Blackburn Rovers 1 (13/08/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

spain-soon

Post by spain-soon »

come on west ham wohoooo josi man of the match
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

beyond my wildest dreams this , a great day and lets hope a new dawn for pardew and
HIS hammers team
alan170986

Post by alan170986 »

Only Kamara knows anything about our team because none of the other pundits know anything about championship teams. So they don't deserve the right to judge us
D&G

Post by D&G »

Whitlin wrote:Gary pallistar said we had no chance before todays game on BBC1. What a knob!
Not really I thought the same as well :oops: We played and gave it 250% out there,they just need to keep it up for the remainder of the season :lol: Strikers are a must though and survival is a certainty.
appy_ammer

Post by appy_ammer »

say we are top of league,
say we are top of league :D

:worthy: :pards:
Israeli_Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Israeli_Hammer »

Great match! Shaky first 20 minutes, but as time went along we seemed to get used to the rhythm and power the Premiership dictates. Really impressed by the maturity the lads shown after getting behind, we kept our cool well enough to get back in there and win it comfortably.

Well done to Matty, Anton, Yossi and especially Reo-Coker who all done fantastic work. Dailly did reasonable well at right-back, Konchesky seems solid enough and links up well with Matty across the line.

Harewood was quite disappointing, could have done better with the chances he had, shame Zamora didn't get a go.

Overall I'm delighted with the result, the supporters were absolutely fantastic- especially when we were behind- can't wait to be there in September.

Well done boys! Keep it up!

:crest: :thup:
jay66uk

Post by jay66uk »

Sorry, mate....Charlton are there on Alphabetic Difference ;)
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

I thought Marlon put himself about quite well. Great result today, still cant believe it. Savage and Bellamy were no were. :D
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

:shock: fantastic second half ! brilliant win ! :worthy: :crest:

:crest: COME :crest: ON :crest: YOU :crest: IRONS ! ! ! :crest:

:D 'appy days ! :D

:aveit:
Ragmuff

Post by Ragmuff »

I think it was a great performance by Yossi, but did anyone else notice that some players were reluctant to play him through on goal???

I noticed this early on with Harewood and then right at the end with Etherington. Was slightly upset he didn't score, thought he deserved to!
ExeC
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by ExeC »

its on MOTD tonight as the main game :)

just got back, cracking game.

It was a bit shaky first 10 mins, even as fans, just seemed like it all happened so fast, everyone was jittery and couldnt get into the game. But after about 15-20 mins it felt a lot more better.

Benayon seemed a little shaky in his first game when he had the ball. But when he didnt have the ball 'oh my god!' he was an israli version of moncur, went in for every challange and won most of them! Excellent. He is also extremely unselfish, his simple plays set up 2 goals, and thats what we need, no funny business, just get the job done. Its nice to know we got someone like him in the team. He also made some extremly nice passes, and opened up the defence from midfield nicely.

Reo was shaky first half as most of the team, but second half it seemed blackburn had a huge hole in the middle, not sure if its gonna be like that for other games. Just glad we took advantage of it.

Had loads of fans behind me winging about taking teddy off at 70 mins, which i think was a great decision, not sure about newton coming on though :(

Mullins wasnt very good, made some dangerous passes and gave the ball away in dodgy areas. Woulda prefered noble on to be honest.

Anton, well oh my, it coulda just been rio because he was OUTSTANDING, he commaded the defence midway first half right through to the final whistle.

Kenchesky (cant be arsed to spell it right), was the new dicksy, he got in every challange and made some night runs on the left.

Daily was a rock, we need someone like him shaking up the other halfs attack.

Haerwood just chased everything and hassled everything with legs, sheringham was clever as always.

Etherington seemed like he didnt wanna run much, he made 1 or 2 runs but it seemed when he got the ball he didnt attack it as much as he used too.

Overall excelent, but i have to say blackburn were extremly poor, that being said we are now full of confidence for the next game. Lets just hope we attack it like we did today.
Last edited by ExeC on Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

1 Charlton
2 West Ham
3 Man Utd
4 Tottenham
5 Aston Villa
6 Bolton
Happy days. :D Will it last? :D
Dezire2fly

Post by Dezire2fly »

I thought Marlon Harewood did well. He creates havoc in the oppositions defence and whether he scores or not he does contribute. Defenders will be all over him allowing other strikers to get involved and slot it home just as Teddy did today.

I see him getting quite a few goals this season. Matty has shown that he can cope int he Premiership and the little time Noble was on he showed what class he has by close control dribbling and skill.

So far the season ahead looks very promising. :D
daniel

Post by daniel »

Ragmuff wrote:I think it was a great performance by Yossi, but did anyone else notice that some players were reluctant to play him through on goal???

I noticed this early on with Harewood and then right at the end with Etherington. Was slightly upset he didn't score, thought he deserved to!
i noticed it too.
but he had his chance to score, he just preferd giving the ball yo matty, for a 100% goal.
didn't want to take any risks.
don't worry, he'll get his chance to score.
he just likes to give out asissts.
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

hammerdivone wrote: Just shows that you're the total tosser and Pards knows what he's doing :lol:
EARLY DAYS YET MATE!!! BUT I TAKE MY HATE OFF TO THE TEAM< GREAT VICTORY AND I SINCERELY HOPE IT LASTS IN SPITE OF PARDS>
ExeC
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by ExeC »

consider buying a new keyboard too as it seems your shift key is stuck down :(
PATISH

Post by PATISH »

[quote="Ragmuff"]I think it was a great performance by Yossi, but did anyone else notice that some players were reluctant to play him through on goal???

Most of the players on the team are playing together for a while,
Yossi is still a newbie, I reckon it will take some time for Yossi to earn their trust, and he will.
I thought the defense was tremendous today, Rover players had no time on the ball at all, if the defense can play like that everygame there is no way WHU will be relegated IMHO
RedStar

Post by RedStar »

Great start! :crest:
Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Post by Coley »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: what a totally awsome result, and from reading this seems that our new man Yossi played a blinder yop man, top team, could not have deamt for more Come on West Ham :D :aveit: :aveit: :raver: :worthy: :pards:
philipavard159
Location: if you can see my mirrors.......... get out of my bathroom

Post by philipavard159 »

York Ham(mer) wrote: Happy days. :D Will it last? :D
champions league is ok i guess, but will be pissed of if pardew dont get us to top spot by end of season :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: