LC2: Sheff Wednesday 2 West Ham Utd 4 (20/09/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

my brothers a spuds fan and i just sent him a text :lol:

no reply as yet though, maybe somebody is a bit upset :twisted:
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

just got back from the game,

We didn't play well, I thought Dailey was very poor. Cohen look out of his depth, even against very poor opposition. However we won, in past years we would have lost this.
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

wolf359 wrote:just got back from the game,

We didn't play well, I thought Dailey was very poor. Cohen look out of his depth, even against very poor opposition. However we won, in past years we would have lost this.

:lol:

Sorry, I couldn't help but laugh reading that, considering our poor start to the season with this performance topping off a disasterous start.

:lol: :wink:

I'm going all light headed with all this AND spurs losing to a League 2 team. :oops: :lol:

*deep breathes*
yabush

Post by yabush »

how did the youngsters play?
good or not?
Jimmy Ruffell

Post by Jimmy Ruffell »

Well good old Craigy Brown said on the radio that we played very well...."Dutch style passing"...."very comfortable"...."very professional, and a class above Wednesday"...
also he said we had a dynamic left sided midfielder called Whelan!! :shock: and "dailey is having a great match".....was he at the same game as you?

......or was he seeing the game through his usual whisky filled spectacles!!!!

:lol:

PS.........note how Bellion cushions that through ball and gets it under control.for the fourth goal,.the boy is going to be mustard I tell you...QUALITY FINISH...and well done Z....we are on fire i tell you!!!! :lol:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Dailly was great I thought :shock:

Other plusses were Zamora, Noble, Collins and Ward.
Last edited by Romford on Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tits_guest1986

Post by tits_guest1986 »

Was our lot loud Romford?

Hard to tell on the radio when the commentator kept going on about how all the Sheffield Wed fans are fat chip eating lumps
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Well they've changed the seating to the plastic ones so you haven't got the great sound of the wooden ones banging to APs Claret & Blue Army !!

Not a fantastic atmosphere until they got their brace and it all got a bit lively.....The DJ played "Hi-Ho-Silver Lining" whenever they scored and you can guess what we sang when Bellion made it safe :lol:

Mare on the M1 on the way home...must of been 20 sets of bloody roadworks :evil:
SAS

Post by SAS »

Caribiron wrote:I'm f*cking dreaming, great start to the league, first round of the Carling cup and we win against lower league opposition AND f*cking spuds lose away to f*cking Grimsby. I've died and gone to heaven!

And the spuds had a pretty strong line up - judas and Keane up front!
That about sums it up!

What a top spell.
Superb performance against Villa,
great result against Fulham (away),
beating a lower division club (away)
and in doing so fielding up and coming academy players,
great team spirit
good position in the premiership
being able to sit back and watch as the so called big clubs f### up
Plaudits in the press for our style of football, whilst everyone else is slated for playing boring, defensive stuff

Pure class.

Optimism is a dangerous thing, as expectations can creep in, but after the Villa game I can't recall being so pleased with all of this since the '86 season. 11 more wins this season and we should be safe

Every dog has his day.
:wink:

Enjoy
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Romford wrote: Dailly was great I thought :shock:

Plusses were Zamora, Noble, Collins and Ward.
He just annoyed me, every ball was backwards or to a wednesday player. It was professional but I thought 3-0 flattered us a bit. However we WON so the performance is almost irrevelent.
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

aaronhammer wrote:my brothers a spuds fan and i just sent him a text :lol:

no reply as yet though, maybe somebody is a bit upset :twisted:
Has he made contact yet, or is he crying in his cornflakes :lol:
Portsmouth Hammer

Post by Portsmouth Hammer »

I would just like to say I have just sat and read through all 18 pages of this thread, quality entertainment for a quite morning at work, well done to all participants. The Craig Brown quotes were especially funny :lol:
Norbert_Up_Norf
Location: Chav Corner, St James Park, Newcastle (a long way from home)

Post by Norbert_Up_Norf »

Disagree completeley about Dailly - he's (obviously) no world beater, but in front of our NORMAL back four, he'd have no problems replacing Mullins if need be with a performance like that - incisive in the tackle and a great header for the second goal.

Without turning this into a c*nting-off session, as we WON afterall, I DO agree about Cohen - indecisive on the ball, frequently closed down and dispossessed. Him and Williams together were generally short of ideas. If we lost both Ethers and Konch for a game I'd be seriously worried, but as long as one of them is fit, no worries.

Super Tom was solid, Ward and Collins were good enough, but got in each others way at times.

Once again, really impressed with 10K, industrious, bustling, prepared to take on defenders right across the middle, and looked to scare them shitless every time he got the ball.

Zamora I thought was patient and took his chances VERY well - benefitted from the fact that Wednesday seemed to see Harewood as the main threat and marked him much more closely.

Ultimately we put out a (largely) 2nd XI last night and comfortably beat a championship side away from home - nothing wrong with that at all.

I thouroughly enjoyed last night, bit twitchy at 3-2, fearing a capitulation-of-old, but generally a good night of entertainment!

ALAN PARDEW'S CLARET AND BLUE ARMY!
HI - HO SILVER LINING!!!!!!!

:D
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Without turning this into a c*nting-off session, as we WON afterall, I DO agree about Cohen - indecisive on the ball, frequently closed down and dispossessed. Him and Williams together were generally short of ideas. If we lost both Ethers and Konch for a game I'd be seriously worried, but as long as one of them is fit, no worries.
Clive Clarke would come in for Konchesky and Shawny Newton would come in for Matty Etherington IMHO.
tits_guest1986

Post by tits_guest1986 »

The ONLY position Newton can really play is right wing.

Lets just hope everyone stays fit and healthy for the Arsenal game, then we go to Sunderland. If we do actually get a result saturday who knows what we can do. WBA stayed up with 6 wins last season!

I think we are gonna find it hard at Sunderland though. I Never trust WHU when it comes to playing teams who haven't won for about 5000 games!
Hammer909

Post by Hammer909 »

Agreed - those sorts of sides always win their 1st game against west ham. Either that or someone always scores a milestone goal against us, so I suppose for Sunderland that would be someone scoring at all 8-)
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: Clive Clarke would come in for Konchesky and Shawny Newton would come in for Matty Etherington IMHO.
.....Shawny.....

That's a new one.... :wink:

You are right though....He would....But....Shawny?? :lol:
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 253 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: Clive Clarke would come in for Konchesky and Shawny Newton would come in for Matty Etherington IMHO.
Yossi would move to the left
Jigga
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Jigga »

Any news on Aliadere???

why was he not in the squad.
paololeeds

Post by paololeeds »

Well I enjoyed it last night. Was in the main stand with a mate who's a Wednesday fan, the place was like a morgue after we scored our first. I thought we only played when we needed to. Was a bit disappointed that Noble didn't seem to get as much of the ball as I was looking forward to seeing how he's come on. Thought Ward looked excellent in the air but lacked a bit of pace against one of their quick forwards when he skinned him.

The highlight of the night for me was "The referee has indicated one minute of time to be added on, bought to you by Sheffield City Premier Travel Inn" :)