FACSF: Middlesbrough 0 West Ham Utd 1 (23/04/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 757 likes
Total likes: 3478 likes

FACSF: Middlesbrough 0 West Ham Utd 1 (23/04/06)

Post by Up the Junction »

C'mon you irons :wink:
Last edited by Up the Junction on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

You forgot to put Official in front of it :wink:
yabush

Post by yabush »

Image to start!!!!!!!!!
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

Fancy starting a match thread 5 days before the game! Someone's getting eager for the game now. :lol:

Up The Ammers!

umm 2-1 to us in extra time. We'll certainly get our monies worth. Now it finally begins......
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1186 likes
Total likes: 928 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

West Ham to regain their form 3-2 :)
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Metal Hammer wrote:West Ham to regain their form 3-2 :)
Back to the Z-Man debate! Think he should play!
jay66uk

Post by jay66uk »

A very, very tough game. The winner will face an even tougher game.

Given Boro's comprehensive demolition job on Charlton and their win on Monday, the only thing I can see going our way is if they get a very rough ride of it midweek in Europe. A couple of key players carrying a knock, please.

Presume this game is decided on the day with ET and pens?
yabush

Post by yabush »

Stevo wrote::roll:
our posts were deleted :lol:

Support West Ham!!!!
although the form of us was disappointing, don't know if Pards can fix it!
Johnny_Fitz
Location: Big Bad Cheshunt, where the trees are green and the women are orange

Post by Johnny_Fitz »

"It's a big game this Manish, but I just think Doriva will be the difference. 3-0 Middlesborough"

hxhammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by hxhammer »

Win or loose, i'm gonna ****ing enjoy sunday for all its worth, come on you irons
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

Johnny_Fitz wrote:Image

"It's a big game this Manish, but I just think Doriva will be the difference. 3-0 Middlesborough"

c*nt

ooh, posting pics and a bit of humour... that'll get you bang to rights! This is the "official" match thread don't you know pip pip..
BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

Tough game - I think the two sides are pretty equally matched when all are fit.
They have the better squad which will hopefully be tested to the limit this week.
3-2 in extra time - Harewood with the winner. 8-)
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2698 likes

Post by sendô »

Look lads we can either have a 27 pages thread of people predicting us to win, or we can actually type something worthwhile in here.

GK - Walker to start again? He seemed to have a good game Saturday. Not sure why Pards put Hislop back in, or how he played against Boro though.

RB - Assuming Gabbs is fit, then surely Anton goes here. I don't want Scaloni having another one of his trademark strolls at the back during our biggest game of the season.

CB - Collins, nuff said

CB - Gabbs will hopefully be back, otherwise it's either putting Anton here and hoping him and Ginge click into gear, and suffering Scaloni at RB, or gambling with Ward, which although I like Ward, his one other game this year was a pretty poor one, and I don't really want to chuck him back into the mix in such a big game.

LB - Konch, easy peasy

RM - Yossi, not sure how injured Matty is, if he really is at all, could end up with no neck coming in again, though I doubt it, midfield pretty much picks itself.

CM - NRC, el capitain. Will need to put in a commanding display and own the centre of the pitch. If him and Mullins can control the midfield, then we are halfway to cardiff already.

CM - Mullins, will need a solid display out of this fella, and some decent passing aswell please Hayden.

LM - Matty back and at his best, terrorising the Boro right flank with Konch

FW - Harewood, can't really drop this fella tbh, without him we always seem to look flat, I just hope he finds his form in front of goal in time to book us a place at cardiff. If not, he shopuld at least make himself a handful for their defenders.

FW - Ashton. Not sure about this, Deano has looked distinctly average since the QF, but would Pards opt for Bobby in the biggest game of the season. Zamordinho IMO is more than capable of rising to the occasion, but I think Pards will much prefer the tactical advantage of having Deano ahead of Bobby.

All the boys need to be well up for it, we can't afford to have anyone in the side who is half fit, or only running at 90%. If we play to our best then Boro won't know what him them, and 18,500 people will be heading back up the M1 crying into their beers come Sunday night.

COME ON YOU IRONS!
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

we will see a completely different west ham side this sunday....this game is the be all and end all....we will turn up...and im very optimistic that we will get a result

look back to the game against pompey....woeful.....then the performance at eastlands....was like watching 2 completely different sides!
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Major »

If the quater was anything to go by i am possibly making a very big mistake, we are all going up on Friday night (Ronny Scotts apparently if anyone fancies it). I have to try to remain sobber (well out of nick anyway) Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday morning, should be interesting.

I aint been this nervous for fuckin years, I feel like i am just about to squeeze me first tit all over again. Nervous, excited, terrified but cant wait. Lets just hope it dont end with a smack in the face like the first time :lol:

This game means more to me than any other, i am taking me pops and it is just about possible that he wont get a better chance to see West Ham in another major final. He aint ill or anything but being realistic we wont be in this position again for another 20 years :wink:, the old fella enjoys a game of golf but he wont be around in 20 years,well if he is i would never be able to get his colostomy bag through the turnstile!! (yes he does read these and yes he will give me a back hander.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

If you look at our recent form i'd say a lot of our players are looking tired, as I don't think we can beat Boro i'd rest a few keys players and really go for it in the league. If you look at our remaining league games if we had a fully fit and well rested side they are all winnable, apart from maybe Liverpool.

Even if we did scrape past Boro we wouldn't beat Chelsea in the cup final so at the end of the day it would be a pointless and very disappointing (not to mention long and expensive) trip to Cardiff for nothing, surrounded by gloating Chelsea fans.....
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Major wrote:If the quater was anything to go by i am possibly making a very big mistake, we are all going up on Friday night (Ronny Scotts apparently if anyone fancies it). I have to try to remain sobber (well out of nick anyway) Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday morning, should be interesting.

I aint been this nervous for fuckin years, I feel like i am just about to squeeze me first tit all over again. Nervous, excited, terrified but cant wait. Lets just hope it dont end with a smack in the face like the first time :lol:

This game means more to me than any other, i am taking me pops and it is just about possible that he wont get a better chance to see West Ham in another major final. He aint ill or anything but being realistic we wont be in this position again for another 20 years :wink:, the old fella enjoys a game of golf but he wont be around in 20 years,well if he is i would never be able to get his colostomy bag through the turnstile!! (yes he does read these and yes he will give me a back hander.
im up on saturday am, where are the best places to go out? anywhere to avoid?

also, matchday drinking? anyone know pubs around the ground?
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Arch Dandy wrote:If you look at our recent form i'd say a lot of our players are looking tired, as I don't think we can beat Boro i'd rest a few keys players and really go for it in the league. If you look at our remaining league games if we had a fully fit and well rested side they are all winnable, apart from maybe Liverpool.

Even if we did scrape past Boro we wouldn't beat Chelsea in the cup final so at the end of the day it would be a pointless and very disappointing (not to mention long and expensive) trip to Cardiff for nothing, surrounded by gloating Chelsea fans.....
our first fa cup semi final in 15 years and you want to rest players....

this is a joke aint it?
southbank

Post by southbank »

the biggest game for this club this year ............. 90 mins from european football and taking this club further and putting the icing on a remarkable year . i just hope this west ham team can stand up and be counted as losing a semi is painful but losing it badly well that hurts even more ........ would love one more day out in a fa cup final and who knows wouldnt you love the fairy tale ending that a east london club that was close to being bankrupt stopping the rent boys and the billionaire dirty money from doing the double ........ i would love it .......all i know is that for 90 mins plus i be a nervous wreck.....CMON YOU IRONS
Johnny_Fitz
Location: Big Bad Cheshunt, where the trees are green and the women are orange

Post by Johnny_Fitz »

Arch Dandy wrote:If you look at our recent form i'd say a lot of our players are looking tired, as I don't think we can beat Boro i'd rest a few keys players and really go for it in the league. If you look at our remaining league games if we had a fully fit and well rested side they are all winnable, apart from maybe Liverpool.

:lol: I love a bit of realism me