West Ham United 1 Aston Villa 1 (10/09/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

NXA
Location: Russia - protest is not allowed, now go and drink a lot of Vodka and forget about it.

Post by NXA »

yabush wrote:There's TV broadcast of the game in Hong Kong,

but my brother will fly to UK to study,
so I am unable to watch because the whole family will go to the airport with him

Of course I want to go to the airport too,
but I also want to watch the game :cry: :cry:
especially the debut of our argies

Sneak into one of the bars in Tung Chung then :wink:
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Bubbles Bob wrote:The new boys will start on the bench - it's imperative for team moral especially with the speculation about the players defiantly being picked when fit.

This will be a massive kick up the jacksy for HArewood who will be on fire come sunday.
Although im a fan of Harewood, he hasnt been getting on the socresheet, yes i know he may scare defences, but i think Tevez may scare them a bit more.

Harewood on the bench with Zamora and Tevez up top, and then bring Harewood on later in the game as we know how he can change a game...
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

After all the hype this week it'l be 0-0, no shots on goal, Bowyer gets sent off for happy slapping Tevez who then gets sent off for rolling on the floor like a girl...u heard it here first!!!
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

Difficult choice as to who should start.
Harewood hasn't scored yet, but as you'll all remember, he didn't in the 4-5 first matches last season either. Zamora should start, simply because he is the top scorer.
I'm glad I don't have to choose ;)
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

As I've said before it'll more than likely be Bobby and Carlito until Bobby loses his sparkling form, then Marlene shall come in until the return of Deano, who when fully fit will start with Carlito. That is as long as they play to their potential and all that.. Mullins and Marlene will, sadly, be the ones who lose out come this Sunday.
Jud

Post by Jud »

I'm stil not feeling happy about Sunday...

:?
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Jud wrote:I'm stil not feeling happy about Sunday...

:?
Well it’s natural to be feeling unsure about any team under the guidance of Martin O Neill. While not riding the wave of his recent results, the guy is a very good manager who seems to be getting Villa’s underachievers performing again. I’m with you on this mate, we could do with not feeling too optimistic on this… :?
Eric

Post by Eric »

I think I will wait for Pardew to pick the team.

Personally, I do not think he will pick the two Argies even for the bench. They will need a couple of weeks to settle in to the country as well as the squad. You know what a hastle it is to move house !!!!!

They will probably sit in the dug out and cheer on their new chums.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2635 likes

Post by sendô »

I honestly think we will destroy Villa. I expect them to be a lot better than they were this time last year, but I think the knowledge that there are 2 World Cup starts waiting in the wings to take certain players' positions will kick them right into gear. It may not be a mauling, but I think we'll win well, maybe 2-0 or 3-1.
West Dan

Post by West Dan »

Most people have forgotten that this is the first of 3 games in a week (Villa, Palmero, Barcodes) and the team selection may be affected because of this. We now have a SQUAD and not just a team that picks itself every week. How Pards must be loving this :roll:
one fine morning....

Post by one fine morning.... »

i have a feeling Pards may switch Mullins to RB despite past experiences...a better bet than Mears perhaps with the likes of Gareth Barry in the side but more because Mears would take being left out better than Mullins.

Not my choice, but my prediction. Personally would rather keep round pegs in round holes and all that. Just a thought anyway....

GK Carroll
RB Mullins
LB Konchesky
CB Gabbidon
CB Ferdinand
RM Bowyer
CM Mascherano
CM Reo-Coker
LM Benayoun
CF Tevez
CF Zamora

Subs - Green, Collins, Etherington, Sheringham, Harewood
MaastrichtHammer

Post by MaastrichtHammer »

I hope 2-1 for the Hammers but but remember we are West Ham and we all know what that means " like my dreams they fade and die"
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Tevez will start on the bench me thinks.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

West Dan wrote:Most people have forgotten that this is the first of 3 games in a week (Villa, Palmero, Barcodes) and the team selection may be affected because of this. We now have a SQUAD and not just a team that picks itself every week. How Pards must be loving this :roll:
Very true, although I still reckon, as it's early in the season yet, AP will go ith our first choice eleven. Still reckon 1-0 to us with Bowyer the goalscorer.
Jud

Post by Jud »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Tevez will start on the bench me thinks.
Yeah - hopefully anyway.

Gonna be a tight game, expectations are gonna be high, and am very excited.....

and feeling a little sick.

:roll:
hammer_paul

Post by hammer_paul »

no way is mullins playing rb when we have spector and mears i hope spector makes his debut
Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Post by Coley »

hammer_paul wrote:no way is mullins playing rb when we have spector and mears i hope spector makes his debut
I would like to see Spector have a chance, i have not seen him play yet
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

i can't see him not playing mears. When he signed AP said he wasn't looking for another right back but when on to sign JP. I can't see him overlooking him for the game if he's fit.
kenthammer
Has liked: 245 likes
Total likes: 395 likes

Post by kenthammer »

looks like delays on the trains sunday for anyone going to Victoria
http://nationalrail.co.uk/service_bulle ... uture.html
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

upton o'good wrote: I dont think that is decided yet.

My best guess is that Tevez will start from the bench, to give Marlon (a big Pardew fave) and Zamora (mr goals) starting places in a 4-4-2. But, if Maschereno looks good in training I think he might start.

I think an attacker fits with the impact substitute concept but a holding midfielder doesnt. So they either start the 90 or dont really play much of the game at all.
I agree tevez will probably start on the bench! Apart from the swap of Maschereno and mullins, i think bowyer, nrc and yossi will also start midfield!