good old days..

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

GideaParkHammer

Re: good old days..

Post by GideaParkHammer »

the oldham stripper wrote:younger lol, i was doing it in my thirties :lol:
LOL I doubled up in my 30s, but that was waist size lol.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

last i heard of geoff was he took a real bad beating of some scum bages he used to hang around with jill and her husband who also sold the matchday programmes...

does anyone know where he is now???
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

cockney hammer wrote:last i heard of geoff was he took a real bad beating of some scum bages he used to hang around with jill and her husband who also sold the matchday programmes...

does anyone know where he is now???
I will ask Gwen the steward the next time i see her , you used to go on the supporters clubs coaches with Geoff and knows most things West Ham.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

thamks mate :thup:
One Peter Butler
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Post by One Peter Butler »

CH your post reads a little like Jill and her husband dished out the beating. Obviously not the case! Does Jill still sell programmes with those heavily made up eyes? I heard her husband past away?

I would love to hear news of Geoff. Sad to hear he took a beating. He did stand out from the crowd but he has an harmless old soul!
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

GideaParkHammer wrote:
LOL He got more stick when we played at the Orient in the cup, and the "traitor" was in the home end selling his peanuts lol
& on the Highbury North Bank in 1975, i think he got around a bit.....PEEANUTS
Mr SouthLondon

Post by Mr SouthLondon »

Great thread. Great read
:thup: :thup: :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

One Peter Butler wrote:CH your post reads a little like Jill and her husband dished out the beating. Obviously not the case! Does Jill still sell programmes with those heavily made up eyes? I heard her husband past away?

I would love to hear news of Geoff. Sad to hear he took a beating. He did stand out from the crowd but he has an harmless old soul!

it does sound like that! of course they had nothing to do with it! i have no idea if her husband passed away sad news if true remember when we played man u away many years ago and jill had her photo taken standing in the goal at the away end..

they never missed a away game like me i think we was both on twelve yaers with out missing a away game deacent people to have a chat with there was something a lot better about going to football all them years ago..
beckton

Post by beckton »

GideaParkHammer wrote:
LOL He got more stick when we played at the Orient in the cup, and the "traitor" was in the home end selling his peanuts lol
Heysel76 wrote: & on the Highbury North Bank in 1975, i think he got around a bit.....PEEANUTS

Used to see him over at Spurs when we were playing there.

Me and my mate bumped into him a few years back, can't remember where it was and it was years after he'd packed it in over at West Ham but we recognised him straight away.

He might have been winding us up but he told us he was a Spurs fan! :shock:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

OLDUN wrote:Anybody else remember big Fred who was a steward at West Ham but a very naughty boy when we went away and what about the nuttiest of all our fans,Monty who used to go to matches dressed up as General Montgomery and played a bugle.

Yes , yes I remember him if it was in the mid sixties. I recall a guy with a bugle in an army coat, some older people told me ( I was only about 6 or 7) that he was an old war hero who had scrapnel damage to his brain. Is that the guy oldun. When he used to blow that bugle the crowd would give out a huge tally ho and it really warmed the ground up. :)
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Didn't they used to call the bloke with the bugle Monty from memory ? He used to go in the South Bank.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

Vince wrote:Didn't they used to call the bloke with the bugle Monty from memory ? He used to go in the South Bank.
You mean 'Monty' as mentioned in the previous post?
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Remember him when I went as a kid, I think he was dressed in a claret tracksuit & bobble (ski) hat & of course the famous bugle!!
mushy

Post by mushy »

As for Jeff the programme seller, I made enquiries as regards his whereabouts a few years back. None other then Bill G told me that he was a sick man and last he heard was living in Dagenham.
It seems strange that if he is still living locally nobody has spotted him, he was a well known character at West Ham and I knew him fairly well as he used to drink in the supporters club and he used their travel service for away matches in about the mid-seventies.
He often greeted me by saying 'hello mate, I just bumped into your brother', which was strange as I never had a brother that went to West Ham. I never corrected him though as it became a sort of standing joke.
It would be a real shame if anything has happened to him, he was a much a part of going to West Ham as anything else and was someone you just took for granted but you still got some sort of assurance that he was always there, no matter what his percieved shortcomings were.
He was West Ham in an old fashioned sense, and as such I for one would like to know what became of him.
I know this has been done before on here but there is no harm in asking again, maybe this is the wrong thread and if so I apologise.
If anyone does know anything then please let post and let us know.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Too early here. Need another cup of coffee. :lol:
I've got curly hair too

Post by I've got curly hair too »

Alas, I heard some time ago that Quasi had passed away. I think that he had a bad illness
mushy

Post by mushy »

chappo59 wrote:Remember him when I went as a kid, I think he was dressed in a claret tracksuit & bobble (ski) hat & of course the famous bugle!!
Always in Army uniform whenever I saw him, which would be from about 1967 onwards. Either in the old southbank or standing in the vicinity of the Queens pub.
Did I not read on here that he lived in Leytonstone?
I've got curly hair too

Post by I've got curly hair too »

the oldham stripper wrote:i also remember geoff the programme seller, he used to let us in for a quid each if we couldn't find a turnstile to let us double up. :D
Me and my mates referred to this venture as 'squeezy, squeezy, !
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

lol, for every person who went through a turnstile there was about 50 blokes standing outside waiting for the nod, as soon as the steward inside went away there was a mad rush to get in, i'm sitting here typing pi55ing myself laughing at all the memories.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

mushy, i lived most of my life in leytonstone, i remember monty from the ground but not from there.