The new kits thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ironlung

Re: the New kits thread

Post by Ironlung »

The price of the new kits are more than a little excessive to say the least , and i won,t be entertaining those prices any day soon, and is it really neccesary to have the latest kit when they cost this much, on launch day.
Makes me smile to read some people bemoaning having to pay out so much for full kits for "little johnny and jack with carroll number 9 on the back , as if someone held a gun to there head and demanded the pin number to their debit card, or the proud family on instagram , with all 6 family members kitted out in full kit , looking like they just found some loose change down the back of the sofa to pay for it.
Football shirts are priced way over the top ( bobby O) will tell you they cost about a pound to make, so armed with his info , i can,t be paying £40-50+ for some polyester top, so i,ll wait to add this very nice shirt to my collection when its about £20, i never where the playing shirts anyway so there is no need for me to buy on launch day , just to add to my collection , i have so many shirts that i have bought at the end of season at a good price. I just bought last seasons away "kit" shirt ,shorts ,and socks all brand new in the packet where the will stay for £20 with free post and packaging as opposed to about £86 for the new adidas kit., It,s a f@*king no brainer for me.................£25 for kids training shorts....do me a favour
smuts
Has liked: 1534 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

My bank card stayed in my pocket...just well over priced for kids.
Espio
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Espio »

Whu_Law23
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by Whu_Law23 »

Have to say, looking at some of the kits & templates. Adidas defnitely done well with ours. pretty we're the only ones with a collar in the prem too!

gotta say, loved the kits from the first leak. 3rd kit is different, but very good different!
Hammer_Up_North

Post by Hammer_Up_North »

im sure its already been covered but does anyone know when the away kit gets released?
EastLondonHammer

Post by EastLondonHammer »

I agree the prices are too high but at least the full profits are going to the club other than JD/Sports Direct etc.
EastLondonHammer

Post by EastLondonHammer »

Loving this.

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

It has a worse collar than ours!
Ironlung

Post by Ironlung »

jaybs wrote:Where is the new kit being shipped from the online store I received an email yesterday my polo shirt was in the post, then this morning on the delivery link it says despatched to the UK?

People say the training gear is just a stick on West Ham logo, don't think the Adidas West Ham polo shirt is? hope not! lol
Badges on all shirts adult/junior are embroided , junior training wear badges are transfers , adult embroided.......
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Hammer_Up_North wrote:im sure its already been covered but does anyone know when the away kit gets released?
August apparently
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Dunno if posted but I'd say the sizes online are wrong. We went to get a medium , large and extra large for 3 of us and we walked out with a large , xl and 2xl which was same as macron
e1hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by e1hammer »

The away kit goes on sale on the 25th July. I'm not sure if that's just pre-order or actual sale.

I would agree with those who are saying a size up. I'm normally a medium, last season I was a small. This season I'm a large.

I also agree it's a shame about the prices, especially the training kit. It would cost 20p to iron on that badge so a £9 mark up is a real shame.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

The medium I have is definitely figure hugging, nice fit though.
e1hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by e1hammer »

Did anyone buy a 1-2 year old kit?

The sizing is really strange, almost square. Not sure if they are all the same or if I have a dodgy one? Anyone?
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

e1hammer wrote:Did anyone buy a 1-2 year old kit?

The sizing is really strange, almost square. Not sure if they are all the same or if I have a dodgy one? Anyone?
Is 1-2 year the smallest? Website was only saying 2 years onwards
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by screech »

e1hammer wrote:Did anyone buy a 1-2 year old kit?

The size 4-5 in the toddler range is the same
Shoulders and neck almost look oversized, whilst the waist line on the top looks like it comes up short or how you put it "square"
johnnydolphin

Post by johnnydolphin »

mumbles87 wrote:Dunno if posted but I'd say the sizes online are wrong. We went to get a medium , large and extra large for 3 of us and we walked out with a large , xl and 2xl which was same as macron
No it's not, if you went in to get a large with macron you got a medium, totally different.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Bordeaux Puma Kits 2013/14 france

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/w ... deaux2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/w ... /away3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/w ... rdeaux.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Gotze and Kirchhoff unveiling for Bayern Munich irritates Adidas germany
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert