Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 211 likes
Total likes: 664 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Never quite understood why Andy Carroll is the only player who gets his own Mod defence team. No other player seems to get the same regular and consistent support from the powers that be
And yet again in your crusade, if you have an issue with the moderation of this site please PM UTJ.

I support our team and have an opinion on a player who is being unfairly blamed for his wages and his fee. It also seems there are those who feel he is deliberatly getting injured to annoy people.

I am not happy he hasn't played enough for us, but I see his value when he plays. He is a West Ham player for now and the forseeable future.
Heysel76
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Stumpy wrote:record signing,biggest wages,never plays...cant think why ive got the hump with him
Why have you then, because he got injured again in training?
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Never quite understood why Andy Carroll is the only player who gets his own Mod defence team. No other player seems to get the same regular and consistent support from the powers that be
I don't understand why Carroll gets all the stick when Sakho and Valencia are injured a lot as well.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 211 likes
Total likes: 664 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Roby wrote:l

Even when fit the sad truth now is that AC's scoring record is terrible. Against Southampton recently he actually looked hilariously poor, probably one of the worst run outs off the bench I've seen him have.
Perfectly valid point and I agree.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Have you been on the Valencia thread? The poor geezer gets a caned even when he scores a brace or has a hand in about 8 goals in 10 games
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Heysel76 wrote: Why have you then, because he got injured again in training?
Wrong. Injured warming up at Carrow Rd.

But decided to play and make the injury worse.
Crouchend_Hammer

bristolhammerfc wrote:
And yet again in your crusade, if you have an issue with the moderation of this site please PM UTJ.

I support our team and have an opinion on a player who is being unfairly blamed for his wages and his fee. It also seems there are those who feel he is deliberatly getting injured to annoy people.

I am not happy he hasn't played enough for us, but I see his value when he plays. He is a West Ham player for now and the forseeable future.
Crusade!! Ha ha. Yeah ok
FWIW I got no real issue with his injury record. That is Not his fault at all. My issue is that he is a seriously average footballer with a poor goalscoring record, and find it staggering people are able to describe him as 'unplayable'
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

Valencia is now on his 3rd injury this season. Sakho hasn't played since November and had a few injuries last season. The problem is not just Carroll, it is all 3 of them.

If we had a striker who could stay fit then we wouldn't need to play players who are struggling. Carroll played last season against Southampton and got injured when he clearly wasn't fit. If others were available we wouldn't have needed to. His latest injury was apparently felt warming up against Norwich, but he came on again due to lack of options. That's 2 injuries that could have potentially been avoided by resting him.

Some teams have strikers who play all season, we struggle to do that between the 3 of them.
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

Carroll gets massive support when on the pitch IMO. So he gets some grief on here, big deal.
Heysel76

Post by Heysel76 »

Whufc06 wrote:Carroll gets massive support when on the pitch IMO. So he gets some grief on here, big deal.
I've heard quite a few helmets giving him stick from the stands tbh, except when he scores
GingerJohn

Post by GingerJohn »

I Went mental at Carroll's goals vs chelski & the bin dippers, And I do love him for that. I also don't blame him for being here, I'd have bitten our hands off too for that offer when no one else seemed interested, especially on a 5 year deal (let's be honest he knew he wasn't going to get that off anyone else).

You can't blame the guy, I do however blame Sam for signing a player that many of our fans could see was a big mistake (the board didn't even really want to gamble and wanted bony instead). At the end of the day it was a gamble and hasn't paid off. Think fans have been patient enough to be fair.
Welling

Post by Welling »

Don't forget that some posters on here will never like Carroll, regardless of his scoring record or injury record, because he isn't a big name continental star that they've signed on their Football Manager game. :wink:
Heysel76

Post by Heysel76 »

Welling wrote:Don't forget that some posters on here will never like Carroll, regardless of his scoring record or injury record, because he isn't a big name continental star that they've signed on their Football Manager game. :wink:
True, wasn't taking into account it's Half term
Crouchend_Hammer

Ho Ho. That 'half term' joke has never been written on an Internet forum before!
Heysel76

Post by Heysel76 »

Many a true word is spoken in jest lol
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

prophet:marginal wrote:He's the luckiest bloke in London, or Essex, or wherever he lays his head.
bobcar wrote:No he's not, he'd be far luckier if he was doing what he wants to do which is play football.
prophet:marginal wrote:
He's getting paid £4M a year to occasionally train and still more occasionally play football.

Neither of us actually knows him. You might be right that he'd prefer to be fit and playing, but, I stand by my suggestion...he's extremely fortunate to be earning so much money, for actually doing so little.
He's extremely fortunate that he has the ability to earn a lot of money doing something that most of us do for free. His injuries reduce that luck rather than enhance it, the "luckier" players are those that stay injury free rather than those who are injured.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Doc H Ball wrote: Bit harsh HH.

Carroll always seems to give his all on the pitch. In fact, he probably gives too much.
Maybe harsh as when he is up for it he gives his all. Some games though he barely moved or got off the ground unless it pinpoint to him.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

bristolhammerfc wrote:So Bellamy sold at a profit, AC may well yet
:lol:

If you're going to defend the guy at least be realistic.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Thought the write up from Slav in the papers today was great.

It seems to me that in the main the same people on here generally who dig Carroll out also dig out most of other players etc. Same old same old in my view
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Will Andy be sitting on the sofa with Jack Collison and Dean Ashton on goals on Sunday before long. ? :cry: