Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by jaybs »

Longaz wrote: That's a stretch.
In the current playing staff we have at the club, I stand by that!
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 373 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

As I've said before, I'll take Noble as proper West Ham over 80% of our ground each week. I cant believe anyone that claims to support us doesn't have the utmost respect for him :thdn:
Longaz
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

jaybs wrote:
In the current playing staff we have at the club, I stand by that!
Hardly an accomplishment to not be disliked by your teammates. Are there any examples of any players not liking any of the other players in the squad? Other than the comments by Rice, are there any other examples of youngsters he's inspired over the last 15 years
East_London_Hammer

Post by East_London_Hammer »

Whufc06 wrote:As I've said before, I'll take Noble as proper West Ham over 80% of our ground each week. I cant believe anyone that claims to support us doesn't have the utmost respect for him :thdn:
100%, well said.
Longaz

Post by Longaz »

Whufc06 wrote:As I've said before, I'll take Noble as proper West Ham over 80% of our ground each week. I cant believe anyone that claims to support us doesn't have the utmost respect for him :thdn:
Who doesn't respect him? And what does Noble do that makes him more West Ham than the people who spend there money to watch him play for west ham?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Longaz wrote:Other than the comments by Rice, are there any other examples of youngsters he's inspired over the last 15 years

Not sure about what other young players privately think about Noble, but this chap seems to have a strong view on the matter..

https://www.90min.com/posts/6366799-man ... l-day-romp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8-)
Longaz

Post by Longaz »

Sounds like he's doing the kind of things a captain should do.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Longaz wrote:Sounds like he's doing the kind of things a captain should do.
Which proves CNR's point, tbf.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

One game,cant remember which,he was "rested" by Bilic and sat on the bench alongside recently returned from injury Obiang.

When Obiang was called off the bench in front of him he literally went to the half way line with him encouraging him all the way.

Never seen that from anyone else.
snooperpooper
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by snooperpooper »

irving boleyn wrote:\there is no evidence of him not seeing a game out. He is still able to make space to get a pass away. Still rarely gets dispossessed.

You are looking no further than at his age.

I'm convinced Pelle sees him as first choice partner to Rice with a fit Wilshire being the preferred third midfielder.
No, I am not looking at his age, I'm looking at the fact he too often chases shadows, he's rarely making his mark, misses too many tackles by sliding on his arse and I'm afraid in my opinion he is a weak link now in our center midfield. For me and I think the manager, he is seen as the third center midfield behind Rice and Wilshere.

I agree he still can play a fantastic pass, he hits a great penalty and when we play the London oppo I think he's the one who gets us motivated because it means so much to him.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Di Canio is not a ****ing legend. He was a self serving prick.

Steve Potts is a legend. The number of games he played with such consistency was incredible. Wasn't the post skillfull though.

Of course Noble is a legend here. In an era where players are always on the move and he is still here and been selected by just aboout half the managers in the clubs history says a lot.

And for the record so is Tony Carr.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Patito wrote:
Which proves CNR's point, tbf.
Exactly that.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

no sign of him for Saturday ? could do with him on the bench at least.
Colours never run

No point rushing him back from recovering from injury, with our embarrassment of riches in midfield these days to call upon in his absence.

He can just sit nicely cheering the team on from behind the bench.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Colours never run wrote:No point rushing him back from recovering from injury, with our embarrassment of riches in midfield these days to call upon in his absence.

He can just sit nicely cheering the team on from behind the bench.
He's essentially missed the last two weeks of the preseason so he's probably slightly behind the team as it is anyway. I'd be looking to bring him back into rotation against Watford/Norwich providing Wilshere hasn't crumpled in a heap by then.
NorthBank86
Location: Halfway up the North Bank, by the right hand post behind the goal
Has liked: 93 likes

Post by NorthBank86 »

#MarkNobleforprimeminister trending overnight on Twitter. Random but brilliant.
jaybs

Post by jaybs »

Longaz wrote:
Hardly an accomplishment to not be disliked by your teammates,are there any other examples of youngsters he's inspired over the last 15 years
Not every player is a leader or inspires others! Thankfully Rice is one youngster we are developing! how many of the youngsters we have brought through have had a real chance? Fat Sam just used them in cup games, which we often lost! We used to be The Academy!! not sure we can claim that today. Still stand by Mark as a leader and captain, he will be there at Brighton today even if not fit! and give him also due he has not spent that much time injured in his career!
jaybs

Post by jaybs »

hammerman11 wrote:no sign of him for Saturday ? could do with him on the bench at least.
Calf problem means they will not risk Mark today, as reported yesterday.

'T'he West Ham player liaison officer who used to work at Southampton too so he has seen many different squad environments over the years with players coming and going.

Much of the credit must go to Hammers skipper Mark Noble who takes great pride in his responsibility in engaging with his team mates and looking after the dressing room.

He will be in attendance at Brighton on Saturday even though he cannot play due to a calf injury'
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I am actually dreading the day he does retire, or God forbid, if he ever leaves the club.

I really do believe we have no idea how much we'll miss Noble.

Not so much in terms of his ability, although he would still comfortably walk into our starting 11 as we lack quality in central midfield due to underinvestment. But in terms of his leadership and how much he cares for the club.

You could see last week we were missing his leadership.

Don't get me wrong we'd most likely still lose to Man City. But I am sure we would've put a bit more of a fight in the 2nd half. And he'd certainly not sh*t himself and grizzle about what a dirty player Rodri is unlike some of our namby-pamby players.

Even today's game at Brighton is the exact sort of opponent that is crying out for a Noble. We'll miss him today IMO.

To prepare for life without Noble we absolutely need to invest in 1-2 quality central midfielders. And we need to develop more leaders in the squad. As if Cresswell is the best we can hope for then that is extremely bleak!

And we need to try and keep our younger players, such as Rice & Diop. And to develop more of youngsters on the edge of the 1st team like Johnson, to hopefully unearth more players who care about the club and fight for this club like Noble has done.
Chip Korea

Post by Chip Korea »

Longaz wrote:what does Noble do that makes him more West Ham than the people who spend there money to watch him play for west ham?
Captain the club year in year out and put his long-term health on the line playing a physical sport.

Bet you anything he was born and grew up closer to the Boleyn than 90% of the people on here as well.