Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by hammerman11 »

no coincidence that rice plays b etter with nobes in the team. he is the best we have for a CM but we do need to buy one soon. wilshere sanchez Snodgrass are not good enough to play the DM/CM role next to rice. we perform better with a 3 in midfield but pelle seems to want to have 4 attackers in the team so the key will be to get the likes of Anderson lanzini Antonio to track back and assist the shape and the fullbacks.
Andytheammer

Post by Andytheammer »

hammerman11 wrote:no coincidence that rice plays b etter with nobes in the team. he is the best we have for a CM but we do need to buy one soon. wilshere sanchez Snodgrass are not good enough to play the DM/CM role next to rice. we perform better with a 3 in midfield but pelle seems to want to have 4 attackers in the team so the key will be to get the likes of Anderson lanzini Antonio to track back and assist the shape and the fullbacks.
Ain’t that the truth
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

Great to see him back, what a club servant and legend of this club
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Half expected on waking up the same old negatives about Noble, but back from injury how can you knock a player who has dedicated 15 years to Our Club, the stupid comment he is too slow is a joke! I stand by it is what you do with the ball, We looked a team again yesterday as others have rightly said he brings out the best with Declan, and again players show him so much respect on and off the pitch, I will not complain more games like yesterday, we need to Believe in ourselves as a Club!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

When we talk about how we solve the issue of finding someone to lead us in the future to win games without Noble, I think it'll ultimately be once someone like Rice fully matures into the role. He's still a lot to learn about the game and that obviously takes experience but I think that's the natural successor to Noble when he's not around. That is assuming Rice sticks around long enough to want to be here to do it.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

He's got to be ahead of Wilshere in the pecking order - offers more bite and passion that's missing when he doesn't play - fast becoming a legend, leading us through tough times :thup:
Skandi Brudson
Has liked: 472 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Skandi Brudson »

I’ll say this, when he puts the ball on the spot, it’s one of the precious few things about West Ham that I’m confident will have a positive outcome.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

He always lets his football do his talking. We are a better team when he plays and I've said it before and I'll say it again no doubt, we will miss him when he's gone. In this day and age we are highly unlikely to see his like again.
Suffolk Iron
Has liked: 123 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Suffolk Iron »

Irons_Irons wrote:For all Nobes’ perceived limitations (and there aren’t too many IMO) after almost 500 appearances under what feels like almost as many managers there is one constant. He is the very definition of a leader, players around him seem to give a little bit extra, they will follow him and that for me is priceless. Is he a club legend? Without a doubt.
The fact that this thread started five years ago confirms it I reckon.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

I like the fact the thread isn't even posing the question anymore. It's now widely considered a fact.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Colours never run wrote:I like the fact the thread isn't even posing the question anymore. It's now widely considered a fact.
I’d go as far as to say he’d make the bench of an all time West Ham United squad for me

Rose tinteds mean that it’s easy to forget some of our other legends didn’t fancy away days to Watford let alone turn the tide, and that some of them scarpered to Scouseland between spells
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

In terms of loyalty, he can count himself an equal to Bonds, Brooking and Lampard Snr.
Skandi Brudson

Post by Skandi Brudson »

RichieRiv wrote:In terms of loyalty, he can count himself an equal to Bonds, Brooking and Lampard Snr.
Yeah I would absolutely agree with that
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Colours never run wrote:I like the fact the thread isn't even posing the question anymore. It's now widely considered a fact.
I suggested removing the question mark a few years ago, Bristol agreed and it was done. 8-)
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

I thought he did a great job of rollicking non trackers, real rant like I'd hoped, but Haller/Antonio/Mas/Lanzini were the standouts for me. Adrenaline & passion carried him through on a very hot day, so respect due. We we're still cut through the middle though & with better finishing they could of hurt us before Mike came on. I hope the FB's keep squeezing the middle closer together. Can Nobes play 38 games starting? I still think he's better when rested/rotated to maintain fire. I'd like to see better close pressing goal-side from all the midfield moving forward. We seem to give them easy access into our half without a effective press
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

RichieRiv wrote:In terms of loyalty, he can count himself an equal to Bonds, Brooking and Lampard Snr.
In terms of loyalty, he’d be close to Brooking from your list
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by neathiron »

There's one vacant side of the ground without a stand named after a player. Should he finish his career with us, would be a nice touch by the owners to honour him for being such a loyal servant to the club.
Skandi Brudson

Post by Skandi Brudson »

neathiron wrote:There's one vacant side of the ground without a stand named after a player. Should he finish his career with us, would be a nice touch by the owners to honour him for being such a loyal servant to the club.
Don’t think I’d go that far.
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by neathiron »

Skandi Brudson wrote:
Don’t think I’d go that far.
Just think it would be good to have one from the modern era, something the younger generation of fans can associate with. Know it's rare to get any loyalty from players these days but Nobes seems to be an exception to the rule.
Colours never run

brooking1966 wrote:I thought he did a great job of rollicking non trackers, real rant like I'd hoped, but Haller/Antonio/Mas/Lanzini were the standouts for me. Adrenaline & passion carried him through on a very hot day, so respect due. We we're still cut through the middle though & with better finishing they could of hurt us before Mike came on. I hope the FB's keep squeezing the middle closer together. Can Nobes play 38 games starting? I still think he's better when rested/rotated to maintain fire. I'd like to see better close pressing goal-side from all the midfield moving forward. We seem to give them easy access into our half without a effective press
Here's a question for ya, you know how you often say we get carved open down the middle defensively, how comes you always dig Noble out, yet the one person who's sole purpose of being in midfield for protecting our defence Rice, gets next to no flack at all? You always go for Noble but his job in midfield is more than just patrolling our defence. Clearly he's more expansive than that. Why does Rice get a free pass?