Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Puff Daddy »

If you think he looks poor in The Premier League, he will be shown up even more in The Championship, where you have very workmanlike players doing all the things he can no longer do
Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer »

Nothing to worry about. We have significant back up. Whilshire will be back very soon and Sanchez has ordered a box of Gin-sin on ebay.
But for now we have to keep pushing out the old work horse and ask him to flog himself to the bone playing in the weakest midfield unit in Premier League. I guess its best to wait for Joe Allen, he will be our 2nd youngest holding mid player at 29 who can actually play week in week out.
He could have started against Sheff Utd. But nah. Lets see how we do first. If we win and go 5 clear of relegation we can save money and not get him.
Haller doesnt need a strike partner and the right back Freddie has a 35 year old guy as back up. No rush!! Just keep chill and flog yourself to the bone to save them w a n k e r s money.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

I’m getting sick of this. We all know Nobes is on the downward trajectory after a very acceptable playing career. He does clearly offer the squad options. It’s not his fault the board have failed to fund appropriately and fill the player base with quality midfielders.

Do you think he intentionally played **** on Friday? Do you think he feels happy with himself after that performance?

GSB are tarnishing the reputation of one of the last remaining things that makes us, us.

Show some ****ing respect.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

needs to start on the bench but the problem is we have no decent alternatives ! wilshere and sanchez are not starting so that leaves 60 mins of snoddy , lightweight lanzini, rice covering 3 positions and floating Anderson. fornals is a willing worker but got dropped when doing well !

basically the whole midfield is a mess and nobes is the best we have.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

PF. wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:16 am GSB are tarnishing the reputation of one of the last remaining things that makes us, us.
Did that himself with the Burnley incident.
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

I think part of me wants to buy into him being an out and out West Ham legend as he’s been in our side for so long in an era where it’s almost unheard of

But ability wise he’d be sitting with company that are all vastly superior to him I’m ability

And on another note he does give it the “I’m a fan” talk quite a lot but when it comes down to it I’m not sure fans can really identify with him. His persistent defence of the board when things get tough is embarrassing his distain for the fans at that Burnley game was a joke, i was at that game and I remember being absolutely furious with Noble more than anything it was such a let down

For all of that he isn’t a legend of this football club for me
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Do you expect him to turn around and say to the fans, I know how you feel, they're a bunch of c****

Of course he tows the line, he's the club captain, he has no choice.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

He reminds me of the sort of people that I've encountered in probably every single job I've been in. The one that's been there long term, has a nice little supervisory, or lower management job, the one that's part of the furniture. A proper company man, does just enough to not get the boot, occasionally shows up on the odd occasion when things go a bit wrong. Has the upper management in their pocket, yet still makes out he's 'one of us' that are down on the shop floor by being everyone's mate. Has the ability to shine on his day, but those days ever becoming decreasing.

I do like Mark, but the days of the Mark Noble era really should now be coming to an end.
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:37 am Do you expect him to turn around and say to the fans, I know how you feel, they're a bunch of *****

But he does have a choice. He's a millionaire, and if he really wanted to, he could easily come out and say what he feels and still be set up financially for life.

Instead though, what he does do is manhandle his own supporters off the pitch, toe the party line, big up the board, and do what's right for Mark Noble to further continue his career and increase his bank balance and accept the long contracts they keep offering him.

I can't blame him for doing that, but please - he does have that choice, but he's chosen not to.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Ex said on his radio show that he sat down with David Moyes and told him that Haller and Anderson were not putting in enough work and that was a major reason we were having issues. I really hope we don’t have an ‘us and them’ thing going on within the squad with the captain in one camp.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

I can't blame the man; he has a family he wants to provide for as long as possible, he wants to gain as many appearances in the first team as possible, who wouldn't?

I do think however, he is doing a job he doesn't want to do. I'd imagine there are few players with more emotional baggage than Mark.

Furthermore he goes above and beyond in his defense of GSB and in my opinion, after Burnley, loses the right to call himself one of us.
Last edited by Croydon on Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

hammer1975 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:47 am Ex said on his radio show that he sat down with David Moyes and told him that Haller and Anderson were not putting in enough work and that was a major reason we were having issues. I really hope we don’t have an ‘us and them’ thing going on within the squad with the captain in one camp.
Really don’t understand what that bloke is trying to achieve by talking about this stuff so openly. Surely it’s going to cause more issues by having it out there for everyone to see?
sxreject1
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by sxreject1 »

At the moment he has to start every game cos we are a better team if hes playing well. If hes playing badly you take him off. Pelle was to predictable on his subs, bang on 60 mins hed make a change even though someone had been shot all the first half. Hopefully Moyescwill be more pro active in changing things quicker if it's going titsup
HammerPDC

Post by HammerPDC »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:37 am Do you expect him to turn around and say to the fans, I know how you feel, they're a bunch of *****

He has plenty of choices

Base minimum he should shut his mouth and not say anything at all instead he’s shown he has 0 interest in the grievances of the fans and does what’s right for himself
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

He would actually become an indisputable legend, if he did come out and say how it is, IF he really meant it. He's not like you and me when it come to providing for your family - he's a very wealthy man, and it's not like a Championship team wouldn't take him on, and then after his playing career he certainly has the personality to go in to punditry, unlike a lot of the brain-dead folk they use nowadays.

He knows exactly what side his bread is buttered, which is why he is keeping schtumm - or, perhaps, he doesn't think like us at all.
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Noble is fine to have in the side where the opposition are slow in transition like Bournemouth were but faced with any form of athleticism he can't cope and is made to look foolish.

His general play was . very poor Friday, he lost the ball 13 times in the first half, that is far too many for someone who plays the safe and tidy sideways and backwards passes 70pct of the time.

He should have been hooked at half time but the early sub screwed any hopes of that.
sxreject1
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by sxreject1 »

Base minimum he should shut his mouth and not say anything at all instead he’s shown he has 0 interest in the grievances of the fans and does what’s right for himself
[/quote]

What a load of b*llocks. He lives and breathes wh all day and every day, training, playing, preparing for playing and has done I assume since he joined the club as a kid

No offence but you watch them for 90 mins a week and chat about it with your mates. You or I havent a clue what he says behind closed doors.
HammerPDC

Post by HammerPDC »

sxreject1 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:13 am What a load of b*llocks. He lives and breathes wh all day and every day, training, playing, preparing for playing and has done I assume since he joined the club as a kid

No offence but you watch them for 90 mins a week and chat about it with your mates. You or I havent a clue what he says behind closed doors.
I don’t need to base it off what he says behind closed doors it’s what he says in public that’s bad enough

Iv no doubt he loves being at West Ham, so he should because I highly doubt there’s another premier league side that would have had him in their side for over a decade

My issue is with the persona he puts out about him being a fan and then disregards the views of the fans and treats us with utter contempt, that’s all in the public domain there to be seen
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

sxreject1 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:13 am
I think the issue is what he says in public, not what he says behind closed doors.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

PF. wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:16 am Do you think he intentionally played **** on Friday? Do you think he feels happy with himself after that performance?

GSB are tarnishing the reputation of one of the last remaining things that makes us, us.

Show some ****ing respect.
PF, of course he won’t be happy with himself after that performance, but the fella shouldn’t be put on a pedestal where his efforts can’t be critiqued because he’s a WHU legend.

I spent the best part of £300 to go on Friday night, others give even more time and money to this club than I do. When I’m sat there watching a bloke track back at the pace of a snail, it doesn’t matter to me if he’s played 500 or 5 times for us, it’s going to get noticed. and this is a forum to discuss WHU.

As Rich rightly points out, there are some divs that coat the fella off whether he has a good or bad game, but it doesn’t mean the rest of us have to defend his bad games.

I’ve intentionally taken the attitude with Nobes to remove the personal stuff from the professional, but I will say that I don’t blame G&S for tarnishing his standing with some of our lot at all. I was at the game where Dicksy, a lad with a much shorter fuse, famously took the corner flag and nattered to pitch invaders like a fellow football supporter, and I saw Ginge do the same against Burnley. There’s no gun to the head when it comes to those “letters to the fans” etc, the fella is the model club representative, he’s not being forced to work in a sweatshop