Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1332 likes
Total likes: 797 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Korea Hammer »

fjthegrey wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:06 pm Unless we can get someone committed, with a good range of passing in to replace him.
True, fj, but we haven't for a long time. I am in total agreement that we need to replace him, I just think, for all his weaknesses, his strengths will be missed. Not having a West Ham fan on the pitch after 15 years will be jarring too.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

noble can take his place on the bench now soucek has arrived. by playing less he can extend his career and we can get another 2 years out of him in this reduced role. he also has a few years left on his contract so he is going nowhere and I feel he can still offer us a lot albeit he is no longer a starter. a great player to bring on for the last 20-30 mins. can start cup games next season.
rice to be made captain now.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

We've got to show Rice a future, here, with us so as to persuade him to give us at least another season (or, at best, 2). The plain fact is that Rice's development has been slowed or even hindered by either the age or the quality of the people who would have been sensible options to play alongside him, at the beginning of the season.

Wilshere, if fit, would have been a great option, but he never is.

Sanchez was a terrible idea.

Noble has shown this season that he cannot be considered a starter next season. Our midfield is simply too easily dominated with Rice + a 32 year old. Noble simply hasn't got the engine to be playing alongside Rice. He might be a perfect sub, with 20 or so minutes to go, but that surely is limit of his usefulness, as Rice's partner in the middle. It's a simple as that for me, irrespective of the service he has previously provided.

What in truth we have been watching a lot of this season is something that has crept into Mark's game for a few seasons now. That is to receive/obtain the ball, turn his back on his opponent and then just almost stop dead, awaiting contact. It is such a poor tactic when you then watch those maddening short free kicks we then conjure up, which almost always result in possession going back to the other team.

The team needs much more fluidity in it. Rice has two major attributes and he needs a much younger anchor behind him, if we are going to be able to utilise his one of them, his runs with ball at feet towards the oppo penalty area.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 156 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

Noble isn't done yet. Some people have written him off for years at this club. The managers haven't because basically except Parker no other centre midfielder has played as well for us. He will start to play less now but he will be needed and will still be the player that makes us tick. Especially if we go down. For me, he has been a great player and skipper. And no, a player doesn't have to be a local West Ham fan, but isn't it special when one is? In the Championship maybe Cullen will get a chance and I'd keep an eye on David Turnbull from my Scottish team Motherwell. Both Rangers and Celtic want him. Worth a gamble.
sxreject1
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by sxreject1 »

Rice has shown glimpses of the kind of player he should be. Picking the ball up an bursting through the middle with the pace he has, hes a big lad but doesn't use this.

Hopefully with a younger , fitter partner in the middle hell do this more often.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

lets hope the rice and soucek partnership is the answer
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

prophet:marginal wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:53 am We've got to show Rice a future, here, with us so as to persuade him to give us at least another season (or, at best, 2). The plain fact is that Rice's development has been slowed or even hindered by either the age or the quality of the people who would have been sensible options to play alongside him, at the beginning of the season.

Wilshere, if fit, would have been a great option, but he never is.

Sanchez was a terrible idea.

Noble has shown this season that he cannot be considered a starter next season. Our midfield is simply too easily dominated with Rice + a 32 year old. Noble simply hasn't got the engine to be playing alongside Rice. He might be a perfect sub, with 20 or so minutes to go, but that surely is limit of his usefulness, as Rice's partner in the middle. It's a simple as that for me, irrespective of the service he has previously provided.

What in truth we have been watching a lot of this season is something that has crept into Mark's game for a few seasons now. That is to receive/obtain the ball, turn his back on his opponent and then just almost stop dead, awaiting contact. It is such a poor tactic when you then watch those maddening short free kicks we then conjure up, which almost always result in possession going back to the other team.

The team needs much more fluidity in it. Rice has two major attributes and he needs a much younger anchor behind him, if we are going to be able to utilise his one of them, his runs with ball at feet towards the oppo penalty area.
:thup:
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Chrissieboy wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:57 am Noble isn't done yet. Some people have written him off for years at this club. The managers haven't because basically except Parker no other centre midfielder has played as well for us.
Noble is 10 away from 500 appearances, amazing in modern day football

9 after today
claretnblueglasses
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by claretnblueglasses »

Here’s to (hopefully) one of his better displays as he has insurance from Rice and Soucek.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1193 likes
Total likes: 936 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Needs to be sent to the glue factory
claretnblueglasses
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by claretnblueglasses »

claretnblueglasses wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:25 pm Here’s to (hopefully) one of his better displays as he has insurance from Rice and Soucek.
How did he last 90 minutes? After about 60 minutes it was clear as day that he couldn't run anymore (not that he barely could prior to that). Everything from that point bypassed him and it was the main reason why we were under constant pressure once the second goal went in.

But the one thing that I can't forgive him for today was his leadership. After the second goal, he should have rallied the players together and got everyone back into shape and focused, but he did absolutely nothing to control the flow of the match. I hope to see no more of him this season but he's a favourite of Moyes so I won't bank on it.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

This is becoming a big problem. We were down to 10 men with him behind Haller in the 2nd half. If Moyes can't see that, we are done.
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 495 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

F*ck knows where my last post went. This site makes Mark Noble look like Usain Bolt on matchdays.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Somebody tried to tell me we need marks "leadership" qualities in this relegation battle

No what we need is someone with some football ability.

Another terrible game from noble. He was awful. The game passed him in midfield

And when we needed a leader to calm the defenders down where was he? About 50 yards up the pitch from the last move.

This club will never move to that next level people bang on about whilst we are playing players like noble because their local lads and bleed claret and blue rather than being very good players.

The new guy soucek looked decent today up with Haller .. can see him bringing some fight and ability to the midfield

Snodgrass was class today yet he is dragged off.. rather than the jadded and clueless noble.

Just drop him now. If we are to have any chance
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

Nobles been a great servant to West Ham but sadly he's done. We are carrying him now its a shame that he is being put in this position by in my opinion a manager who sees the noble of a couple of years ago .I for one was amazed to see noble in the starting 11 Fornals,Lanzini, and the rest on the bench must be wondering what's going on I rely do not see the mentality in the management at the moment and am sad to see this mess, sad days!!
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Said it when Moyes came in that he needed the b*llocks to drop Noble. That performance today would be unacceptable for League 1 pre season. How can a professional manager can look at him moving around the pitch and not see that he's not up to it.

He should be ashamed of his fitness levels. He's not that old to be jogging around like he is. Moutinho at Wolves is 33 and he's not lumbering around like he's just had a Sunday roast.

It's a lack of professionalism and it's rife.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Chrissieboy wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:57 am Noble isn't done yet.
:shock:
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

I’ll be really disappointed if he starts our next two games. Bring him on for the last 20 minutes of games now.

Soucek and Rice need to sit deep.
Adam 'The Smudge'

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

Couldn't even connect with that shot in the first half.
Can't blame a bobble either.
Summed us up today.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

Captain...

Hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahaha hahaha hahahaha

:lol: