Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Softhammer

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Softhammer »

As I wrote in the match thread, diabolical game. At some point I thought it was my dad running around out there. Best part was when we were four against two on the counter. Nobes in his pace made sure it became 4 against 4,overhits the pass and then in a last golden moment missed the ball in a very good opportunity to score.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

Any CM next to Noble is in trouble because he can't physically compete at PL level. They constantly have to cover Mark's man which is exhausting over 90+ & leads to plenty dangerous free space in the middle. He hovers around in 'no man's land' pointing here n there without ever being close to an opponent, it's like playing with 10.5 men. Watch the last 30 mins he's treading water between a rock and a hard place, hoping the ball falls to him.

It's so obvious (2-3yrs) yet many here can't/won't see it, I'm told I'm not a real fan here for saying he's crap. My message to you haters is I love WHU with all my heart & always will, but I defo don't like your precious Legend's game.

COYI
Longaz
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

When your captains chasing shadows but letting everyone else know what they're doing wrong it cant lend to a positive feeling in the dressing room. But he cares- ain't gonna help. Everyone of us care but putting us center midfield ain't gonna help us win games. We had Rice and Soucek today, there was no need for Noble to start ahead of Fornals. Who brings so much more energy. I honestly believe West Ham managers favour him because hes known as mr West Ham and probably expect a fan back lash if hes dropped for any considerable amount of time. I keep hearing hes a wonderful captain, how? Top moaner maybe. But not top captain. Can you imagine after a performance like today, him standing in the middle of everyone demanding more. And it actually being meaningful.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1382 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Longaz wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:23 pm I honestly believe West Ham managers favour him because hes known as mr West Ham and probably expect a fan back lash if hes dropped for any considerable amount of time.
I must admit I've thought this for a while.
Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas »

Longaz wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:23 pm I honestly believe West Ham managers favour him because hes known as mr West Ham and probably expect a fan back lash if hes dropped for any considerable amount of time.
That, and he's so obviously the board's favourite son, and the leading voice in the dressing room. So any manager who tried dropping him, never mind replacing him, would effectively be sacking themselves.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

He had a terrible second half but he needs a rest, as do a few of our players.
MAC08
Has liked: 43 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by MAC08 »

Over the past month, I am starting to get the impression that he has stopped caring too and that is very worrying. Today you could tell that he needed to come off. He knows it, we know it. But why can’t Moyes see it
sxreject1
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by sxreject1 »

Because Moyes is ****ing clueless
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

MAC08 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:03 pm Over the past month, I am starting to get the impression that he has stopped caring too and that is very worrying. Today you could tell that he needed to come off. He knows it, we know it. But why can’t Moyes see it
Of course he cares!

He should have come off.
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

He is so over the hill its embarssaing, the dildo bitches must insist he plays as part of the managers contract, I cant see how else he would be getting a game.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Once again showing.... If Mark Noble is playing 90 minutes it's unlikely you're going to win. He was the worst player on the pitch in the first half by a fair margin, and then in the second he tired and may as well not have been out there.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Cellar-door wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:58 pm Once again showing.... If Mark Noble is playing 90 minutes it's unlikely you're going to win. He was the worst player on the pitch in the first half by a fair margin, and then in the second he tired and may as well not have been out there.
That is so wrong !

He covered every inch and continually made good passes in the first hour,probably he tired then, but who took over from him? Not the new bloke,who hasn't found his feet yet.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

MAC08 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:03 pm Over the past month, I am starting to get the impression that he has stopped caring too and that is very worrying. Today you could tell that he needed to come off. He knows it, we know it. But why can’t Moyes see it
I think it's more a case of 'who's up to it?" off the bench.

The only outfield player I'd trust in a metaphorical fight from today's bench was Zabaleta. Rest of them are flaky as hell.

If Anderson and Bowen come back, things might change and Noble will be used more wisely.
Cellar-door

Post by Cellar-door »

irving boleyn wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:00 pm That is so wrong !

He covered every inch and continually made good passes in the first hour,probably he tired then, but who took over from him? Not the new bloke,who hasn't found his feet yet.
He was dreadful in the first half, the game thread is full of concern as he continually couldn't cover anyone, and his passing was a mess. He singlehandedly botched a breakaway in comic fashion. Slowed it down so much he got passed by Ogbonna, not exactly a Ferrari out there, misplayed the pass, then when Ogbonna tracked it down and made a good pass, he kicked nothing but air, the break wasted and Brighton headed the other way. It's not effort. Mark tries his best. His best is just not good enough for a side like this.

Soucek was excellent.
Pentonville
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Pentonville »

Thanks for the memories Mark, but over-and-out.
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

I don't agree he was terrible first half, but the last half hour it was pointless him being out there. I think he should have been swapped for fornals on the hour. I have some sympathy with the break. Ogbonna made an incredible dribble and pass out of defence and hared off down the right wing. You saw Noble look up and think " nah that's my centre back", look for a better option, realise that wasn't on so reluctantly made the pass (not very well). The air shot? Well that really isn't typical of him, but better players than him (Aguero and salah to name two) quite recently. The problem is that we need his replacement + Souchek to make the midfield work
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Forget if he is over the hill or not. The last 25/30 minutes was so unprofessional from a seasoned pro. I have no ideA why he kept charging up the pitch leaving gaps behind him leaving gapping holes in the middle pulling People out of position. He should have sat in and not tried to press like he was in the school playground. He should have taken more responsibility when it mattered today.
Cellar-door

Post by Cellar-door »

goa127 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:17 am I don't agree he was terrible first half, but the last half hour it was pointless him being out there. I think he should have been swapped for fornals on the hour. I have some sympathy with the break. Ogbonna made an incredible dribble and pass out of defence and hared off down the right wing. You saw Noble look up and think " nah that's my centre back", look for a better option, realise that wasn't on so reluctantly made the pass (not very well). The air shot? Well that really isn't typical of him, but better players than him (Aguero and salah to name two) quite recently. The problem is that we need his replacement + Souchek to make the midfield work
It's more that the break was an encapsulation of all the things that are off about him. Each step made it less like we would score.

First: It was so slow, Haller, Ogbonna and 2-3 defenders all left him behind in their runs.
Second: Decision making. As you said he took too long looking for options and being indecisive a new element of his game, used to be if nothing else you could count on Mark to see the field and make the attacking pass.
Third: Lack of passing accuracy. He still had Ogbonna in a great spot if he makes a better pass, not much defensive pressure, it should be a pretty simple pass.
Fourth: The air shot. Hey sometimes they happen, but just another in a string of small mistakes that snowballed into a great chance lost.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:20 pm
The only outfield player I'd trust in a metaphorical fight from today's bench was Zabaleta. Rest of them are flaky as hell.

If Anderson and Bowen come back, things might change and Noble will be used more wisely.
Zaba in the middle for the last 20 min? Why not, today for that last 20 noble was not affecting the game in any way so we wouldn't have lost anything by doing it.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Cellar-door wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:32 am Third: Lack of passing accuracy. He still had Ogbonna in a great spot if he makes a better pass, not much defensive pressure, it should be a pretty simple pass.
Even a perfect pass would've most likely been wasted here as it'd have required Ogbonna to finish first time on his right foot, would've been nice though.