Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Ironing Board »

Longaz wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:58 pm Surely a midfield three of Rice-Soucek-Noble is better suited for away matches against Liverpool-City than a must win home game against Southampton where Snodgrass/Anderson/Fornals are much more creative and attacking.
I actually think we'd be better with a settled three, no matter who is in it. Too much rotation is killing the team.
Longaz
Has liked: 1385 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

e17 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:07 pm
Let Nobes have a couple of games off and then rely on him against Saints
As soon as Anderson is back, they'll be no way for Moyes to squeeze Noble into the team.
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

Please retire I’ve always respected you but even by your own admission you can’t be relied on take on a coaching role rouse the troops you’ll be more respected from the sideline games are passing you b.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Mr Anonymous
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

another awful performance where city went past him as if he wasn't there.
having said that very few of our lot played well under Moyes's strangulation system.

rice soucek fornals surely is the way forward at least they can all get near the ball.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Longaz wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:42 pm As soon as Anderson is back, they'll be no way for Moyes to squeeze Noble into the team.
Alas mate the bloke hasn’t got a scooby what he’s doing.

The only real surprise last night was that he played Snodgrass & the new fella over Lanzini.

He’d have started with 3 LB’s if we had 3!
Barking Iron
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

I can’t even defend his passing capability’s as city read him like a book
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

He was shocking last night
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Couldn't believe they started with him last night

Needed all hands to the pumps, real workers performance and we stick a player who can't run straight in our midfield

We can't even claim to not have the players

Soucek and snograss in midfield with bowen on the wing would have been better

We played with 10 last night
libero
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

It was astonishing that Moyes started with him last night, but even more shocking that he forced him to play 90 minutes
when he had a bench full of decent replacements. Yet more evidence (if needed) that Moyes literally hasn't got a clue
what he's doing
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

Noble is fading in Nolan's tempo now - I can't even see him carrying the team in the Championship next season.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

As an option in a 25 man squad and can start some games and be an option off the bench in others if required, not an issue for me. Having to play him week in week out because of a dearth of options and failure to suitably replace over a period of time, a problem.
lib2007
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by lib2007 »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:53 am rice soucek fornals surely is the way forward at least they can all get near the ball.
Fornals couldn't even get anywhere near the team, thanks to the coach
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1983 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:24 am He was shocking last night
I felt sad for him.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

If Moyes gets stick from a high majority of our fans for failing to motivate our players, should our captain not also receive the same treatment seeing as this is his 3rd relegation fight under 5 seasons of his captaincy? All under different managers too.

I honestly think he is more part of the problem than even I realised.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

funky chicken wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:39 am If Moyes gets stick from a high majority of our fans for failing to motivate our players, should our captain not also receive the same treatment seeing as this is his 3rd relegation fight under 5 seasons of his captaincy? All under different managers too.

I honestly think he is more part of the problem than even I realised.
Bang on the money.

How many times has the managers lost the dressing room ..... Noble should be getting them to get behind the manager .. he's a massive part of the problem

Lost all respect for him when he dug out ogbonna after he himself failed to deal with something and oggy had to cover (one our of players of season tbh) that for me was it.

I don't think he could even cut it at championship level anymore

Maybe nobles demise comes hand in hand with 442 being phased out as a formation? More important than ever of the midfield being strong and supporting up front .. maybe I dunno

People say we having to rely on him but we don't at all

If we play 2 CDM with a cam we could have lanzini, Anderson, either of them in the cam with rice, soucek , snograss and fornAls as options for the CDM

So that's 4 players I'd have over him in central midfield

Yet he gets trotted out when he is past it
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1026 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Not defending him but singling him out from last night is ridiculous. Apart from Rice auditioning for a big club move nobody we have is anywhere near the level of City.

Setup was crap but it wasn't as if we didn't try to lay a glove on them we just couldn't. We weren't even good enough to foul them when we wanted to. Nobody we have even makes their bench.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Not the only One Shocking, I beat the traffic mid way through the second half, had enough! and will give Anfield a miss Saturday in 50 plus years I have spent too many bad days there! Currently anyone can beat us!
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

That'll be the one problem with relegation. That'll especially be an excuse for the club to not invest in new central midfielders, as they'll assume Noble will be okay in midfield. At his peak - absolutely he would've been. Last season we played at that level he was brilliant. But I honestly think he would cope to play week in week out at that level now. He should be no more than a squad player now. A great one at that, but no more than that. If we do somehow stay up, I feel more confident we'll at least attempt to upgrade on that position in the team enough for him to not be as much as a regular.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:27 am Not defending him but singling him out from last night is ridiculous. Apart from Rice auditioning for a big club move nobody we have is anywhere near the level of City.

Setup was crap but it wasn't as if we didn't try to lay a glove on them we just couldn't. We weren't even good enough to foul them when we wanted to. Nobody we have even makes their bench.
We can’t expect results with the way we were setup last night. Especially, again looking at a team with lads like Cresswell, Noble, Masuaku, Antonio, and Snodgrass. The same names, the same faces, the same results. I saw last night’s team and knew what the outcome would be. You can’t actually guarantee goals in situations like this.

But to the point, I often feel Noble’s limitations become very obvious against the big sides. It was like how Hazard just wandered past him in the Chelsea game last year. At his peak, he was not close to De Bruyne’s level, but right now the gulf in class is remarkable. And I can’t imagine too many opposition midfielders fearing many players less, at the moment.