Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by e-20 »

Kialos wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:59 pm Sadly Mark, watching you today was a nightmare
In all honesty many saw we needed an upgrade on both Nobes and Obiang last Summer and for long before indeed. Instead we just reduced the choice of inadequacy we have in central midfield, probably in the risky and increasingly flawed hope that Wilshere would step up.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

I thought Mark was one of our better performers today.

It was a blow for the when Noble plays well, West Ham play well theory though.
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Love Nobes

But he was as poor as the rest of them today. Quite a few passes astray (which is unlike him) and barely recall him winning a tackle or interception. Andre Gomes owned our midfield.
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

James P wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:33 pm I thought Mark was one of our better performers today.

It was a blow for the when Noble plays well, West Ham play well theory though.
I usually support him and he has been one of our better players this season. But today? IMHO, very, very poor.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

I didn't think he was terrible Saturday, just generally ineffective. But it's quite difficult to make a telling contribution attack-wise when those in front are performing so badly. Defensively neither he no Rice really got to grips with the situation. A 6/10 performance from Mark, but that's better than at least 4 others
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Sticking my neck out here, but Nobes is now on a par with Carroll in my eyes. He's still on honest player but he looks light years away from a competitive footballer. It's all I see now every time I watch us. The passing is still there, but we are a player light in every other department.

I think he's getting a really easy ride if I'm honest and as a captain I would have expected one of his old performances where he's flying into tackles and bossing a game, like he used to do against the bigger teams, especially after the Oxford loss and the performance last week, but there's been no change in his performance at all. I don't think he has it in him anymore.

I think it's time for him to take a break.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

He played someone wonderful passes today.
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ChzMff »

DannyboyDJL wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:41 pm Sticking my neck out here, but Nobes is now on a par with Carroll in my eyes.
Are you seriously trying to compare Mark Noble with Andy Carroll?!
Last edited by -DL- on Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: See usernotes
DannyboyDJL

Post by DannyboyDJL »

ChzMff wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:46 pm Are you seriously trying to compare Mark Noble with Andy Carroll?!
I'm seeing a player who does a couple of decent passes a game, but looks so far off the pace physically that he's completely ineffective at 90% of the game. It's hard for people to accept because he's so deeply connected to the club, but he's done. I feel sorry for him. He wouldn't get into Sheff Utd's midfield, he wouldn't get into Villa's midfield so he shouldn't be in our midfield.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I find myself in agreement with so many of he posters saying he's done, which he is, but who else have we to take his place ?Maybe, we should recall Cullen and Diangana. At least they will inject a bit of energy into our midfield
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

He was our worst player today, but hey..

So its the game sometimes.

I would, anyway, get another younger defensive MF (new sign, or academy player, or Diop in the middle... :D ), and play there Snodgrass instead him.

But, its only my opinion.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

DannyboyDJL wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:41 pm Sticking my neck out here, but Nobes is now on a par with Carroll in my eyes.
Absolute rubbish
DannyboyDJL

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:43 pm I find myself in agreement with so many of he posters saying he's done, which he is, but who else have we to take his place ?Maybe, we should recall Cullen and Diangana. At least they will inject a bit of energy into our midfield
Not trying to be funny, but what would we be missing if he stepped out? What qualities do we need? I'm not talking about the Noble of old who we all agree was class, but what would we miss if we replaced him with Snodgrass?
DannyboyDJL

Post by DannyboyDJL »

e17 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:52 pm Absolute rubbish
I'm not talking as a person or off field antics, I'm talking getting around the field. I know what I'm watching. People are blinkered, understandably, he's a club hero, but there comes a time with every player. Name me another midfield he'd get into in the Premier League? That's when you realise, it's time.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

DannyboyDJL wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:00 pm I'm not talking as a person or off field antics, I'm talking getting around the field. I know what I'm watching. People are blinkered, understandably, he's a club hero, but there comes a time with every player. Name me another midfield he'd get into in the Premier League? That's when you realise, it's time.
Maybe he can play only one half and still being ok and making so some impact.

David Pizarro played for Universidad de Chile till 39 years old not so long ago... (even Copa Libertadores)

And was, still, one of the best in the team... a game changer.. :D
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Danny - he was MOTM against Manchester United mere weeks ago. The best midfielder on the pitch in that match.

Yes it would be nice to have alternatives to relying on the fella for every 90 and therefore maybe he’d be more appreciated

But comparing him to Andy Carroll

I’ll stick with my first response mate

Absolute rubbish
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

DannyboyDJL wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:00 pm I'm not talking as a person or off field antics, I'm talking getting around the field. I know what I'm watching. People are blinkered, understandably, he's a club hero, but there comes a time with every player. Name me another midfield he'd get into in the Premier League? That's when you realise, it's time.
another midfield in the premier league? at least 10, maybe 13 to 15. don’t be so disrespectful of he. and our club, is all about. SW6 is that way... ->
DannyboyDJL

Post by DannyboyDJL »

PF. wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:14 pm another midfield in the premier league? at least 10, maybe 13 to 15. don’t be so disrespectful of he. and our club, is all about. SW6 is that way... ->
Name the teams and the players he would replace. I'm looking at Southampton and Norwich and that's a push. He wouldn't get in another team in the league. Anyone who says otherwise needs to take the specs off.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

DannyboyDJL wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:22 pm Name the teams and the players he would replace. I'm looking at Southampton and Norwich and that's a push. He wouldn't get in another team in the league. Anyone who says otherwise needs to take the specs off.
This old cobblers again.

Where were you sitting today?
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

It’s no coincidence that he’s been awful for a few weeks and we’ve been sh*t.

Is it form, the manager or the team? I don’t know. But something needs to change.