Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Colours never run »

fmgod wrote:He's in the side to make them sort of tackles, will he got the odd one wrong, yeah of course he will. What doe she average a sending off a season, probably even less than that, it obviously isn't an issue
Of course it ain't an issue. Blown out of proportion from all the football he gets through, bad tackling is a drop in the ocean.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

to be honest thought he struggled today (having been very good since he got back from his suspension) and thought Obiang brought a little more balance and energy to the side.....
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1982 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

thejackhammer wrote:Beautiful pass to Anderson for that goal.
Exquisite. Placed and paced to perfection
djbubbles
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by djbubbles »

I just watched Declan Rices contract extension video. Hes speaks so well of Noble. He mentioned that Mark played nearly all his career in the top division. Thats 14 years of something like that. There just that many like him anymore. He stayed with us to bring us back up, and clubs were interested in him in those days. Hes a true hammer and a proud supporter too.
To me hes getting to legend status.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Shocking today. A complete absense of any leadership at all
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

He has qualities and he has his limitations. Unfortunately we used him in a way today that will always show the limitations.

The quality of the opposition midfield is average to poor and yet overrun him after 20 minutes even though Noble had a rest...

Play all 3 of them against Brighton and let Noble get a bit further forward. He’s had a big hand in goals against Fulham and Cardiff, so if we play him we need to make sure we can get the best out of him.

Today’s performance was not a surprise.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Noble's selection was one of two that looked a bit wrong before kick off (Perez being the other).

Obiang's omission looked harsh ; he'd played well at Southampton and was part of a scintillating, winning performance against Burnley at ours.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

bubbles1966 wrote:Noble's selection was one of two that looked a bit wrong before kick off (Perez being the other).

Obiang's omission looked harsh ; he'd played well at Southampton and was part of a scintillating, winning performance against Burnley at ours.
Agree Bubbs
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

bubbles1966 wrote:Noble's selection was one of two that looked a bit wrong before kick off (Perez being the other).

Agree on both counts. Maybe Obiang is being sacrificed in January so didn’t want to risk injury ? By all accounts he would like to move back to Italy ?
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

He really needs to be on the bench.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

yet 2nd best at retaining the ball other than Rice.....

:?
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Believer wrote: Maybe Obiang is being sacrificed in January so didn’t want to risk injury ? By all accounts he would like to move back to Italy ?
I don't blame him. He should start alongside Rice more often than not with Noble, Snodgrass and Anderson further forward.

Rice had too much work to do and both Snodz and Noble looked crap because they were playing too far back, got frustrated and gave away stupid yellows.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Am I right in thinking Noble is suspended for the Brighton game as he is now on 5 yellows?
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

djbubbles wrote:I just watched Declan Rices contract extension video. Hes speaks so well of Noble. He mentioned that Mark played nearly all his career in the top division. Thats 14 years of something like that. There just that many like him anymore. He stayed with us to bring us back up, and clubs were interested in him in those days. Hes a true hammer and a proud supporter too.
To me hes getting to legend status.
I love the man. But as great as he is for the club he will never be a legend because although he is a very good player he isn't exceptional. I don't like to throw around the term legend. I have nothing but admiration for Noble and hope he stays for the rest of his career but for me, and it is subjective, he will never be a a legend.
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

4-5-1 would have suited us better today, with Mark in front of Rice and Obiang.

Was his 450th game today according to the match commentators, and that is quite something.

When his playing career finishes, he will be rightly up there with king Billy Bonds.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

simon hammer wrote:4-5-1 would have suited us better today, with Mark in front of Rice and Obiang.

Was his 450th game today according to the match commentators, and that is quite something.

When his playing career finishes, he will be rightly up there with king Billy Bonds.
Well, that's as higher praise as it could ever get for Mark. Don't think I have ever seen him give a fist pump to his teammates, or gee them up when everything is going against us, or lead by example to get us back into a match, from a hopeless looking situation. Noble is more of a scurrier in midfield, that is about all, but Bill's level ? Nah, not for me
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Puff Daddy wrote:Well, that's as higher praise as it could ever get for Mark. Don't think I have ever seen him give a fist pump to his teammates, or gee them up when everything is going against us, or lead by example to get us back into a match, from a hopeless looking situation. Noble is more of a scurrier in midfield, that is about all, but Bill's level ? Nah, not for me
I’ve seen all of the above.

No idea why I take the bait, Puffster.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

simon hammer wrote:
Simon, don't wait get your self to A&E straight away, don't wait for an ambulance, go straight there and ask for the head trauma unit 8-)
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

simon hammer wrote:4-5-1 would have suited us better today, with Mark in front of Rice and Obiang.

Not,in my opinion, can you ever compare Mark Noble with Billy Bonds.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Noble was as bad as he's ever been for us today. He was so bad that the red card he deserved in the first half could actually have been a positive for us during today's game.

Alas, tis the way it goes sometimes.