✍ Manuel Lanzini

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

slimcharles42

Re: Manuel Lanzini

Post by slimcharles42 »

An extract from his current Wikipedia page...

He is nicknamed "the jewel" ("la joya") and holds an Italian passport On the 5th May 2017, Manu then scored for West Ham United to end The Spurs title hopes for the second year in a row. He is now know as our Lord and Saviour with a statue being built outside the Bridge to show the fans of Chelsea what a true hero looks like. Lanzini then proceeded to snort some lines with Big Andy and went on a massive 5 Day bender shagging countless chicks.

Just to clarify, this wasn't me!
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

That's some top writing.

But only five days :?
POP POP POP Robson
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by POP POP POP Robson »

Junco Partner wrote:Lanzini: "I like playing against Tottenham and scoring against them! It was a very good win and we played very good."
One of the commentators on my stream mentioned a stat that out of his 14 goals 10 have been in London derbies. I don't know if that is correct and perhaps this was before his goal as think he's scored 15 in the Prem.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Ain't nobody, like Lanzini
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

You could tell what it meant to him last night. He was delirious. Hopefully last nights performance and atmosphere assures him that we are a team worth staying at. If we can secure him and Antonio along with some more quality we will be fine.

What a talent !
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

People seriously think that the club won't sell him in the summer?
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

DasNutNock wrote:People seriously think that the club won't sell him in the summer?
More importantly, who has a vacancy for a No.10 right now? Very few imo, next summer maybe when he moves on
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I sincerely hope you're right, but he must be one of our most saleable players at the moment, and the owners must be giving some good thought to making some dough on him.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

DasNutNock wrote:People seriously think that the club won't sell him in the summer?
Why would we sell him ?

hasn't he got 4 years left on his contract ? The only reason I could have seen him leave would have been if we had sneaked over the safety line on goal difference. He might have thought what's th point. However, and I know it's probably a bit of a statement, last night would have shown him what "could" happen here. Yes it was only one game but we just put the media darlings in their place last night with room to spare.

I've been critical this season but in the light of day, there's been things going on that we will probably never know about IMO. Bilic hinted about it in his post match presser. This season has been a car crash. Lets Bring some stability some sensible signings and flourish.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Believer wrote:Why would we sell him ?

hasn't he got 4 years left on his contract ? The only reason I could have seen him leave would have been if we had sneaked over the safety line on goal difference. He might have thought what's th point. However, and I know it's probably a bit of a statement, last night would have shown him what "could" happen here. Yes it was only one game but we just put the media darlings in their place last night with room to spare.

I've been critical this season but in the light of day, there's been things going on that we will probably never know about IMO. Bilic hinted about it in his post match presser. This season has been a car crash. Lets Bring some stability some sensible signings and flourish.
We'd sell him because Sullivan likes money, and he's probably our most saleable player. I'd love him to stay, but the board strikes me as more interested in short term gain.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

What a player wow, at one point he had the ball 30yds from our goal with a 2 spud padlock, in one move did a houdini & was racing towards their goal. The kids feet are electric & he has the eye of the tiger, propa assasin in front of goal. reminds me of Coutinho. Once he lifts his head a bit more & see's free team mates he will be £50m + imo. But lord have mercy his dribbling is 'Bloody Nora', which way did he go, hahahaha. He's ours crossed arms everytime, tenacious & commited, give him a new contract asap.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

I think we'll end up with another Payet situation: we won't necessarily want to sell him but, we'll be put in a position after the usual tapping up shenanigans where we effectively have no choice.

Hopefully, we'll do enough decent business in the summer where we can convince him that there's a trophy winning future at West Ham and he'll stay for the next five years.

In my view, he's the best player I've seen in a West Ham shirt since Alan Devonshire.
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

I always maintained Lanzini and not Payet was the one we needed to keep and the little fella has vindicated me quite well so far.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

His too good for us but hopefully no one realises that, also seems to love the club. If he was English the media would be going mental over him
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1089 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I don't think anyone will move for him this summer - next summer will be more of a danger if we don't seriously progress next year (IMO)
'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Agreed that I don't think we'll have to worry this summer. Antonio on the other hand will probably look appealing to other clubs.
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Personally I think he'll be tapped up big time in the summer. He's just lacking that pass the ball to a teammate in a better goal scoring position mentality at the moment. If he can stop being a bit too greedy in and around the opponents box he'll be even better than he is now.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

I reckon we will get 1 more season out of him and then sell for big money. More than Payet was sold for. And this will give Gold another chance to say we were 4th biggest spenders in the window.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

ironsjh wrote:I always maintained Lanzini and not Payet was the one we needed to keep and the little fella has vindicated me quite well so far.
Only because of his age. Lanzini has the potential to play on the same level as Payet did last season but he hasnt done it yet. Only in flashes.
Hammer32

Post by Hammer32 »

Any news on why he was booked?