Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Romford
Big X

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Romford »

They aren't very good from what ive heard...
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Care to expand Rom or would it not be prudent
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Romford wrote:They aren't very good from what ive heard...
i've heard this too , Brady runs around the place like a despotic Margaret thatcher ( from the spitting image years ' )

i have also been told that she is nearly as impossible to deal with as her mate from Spurs ' Levy '
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Sauce! wrote:The best thing that pair of clowns ever did for us was bringing in Sam Allardyce and Kevin Nolan.

Of course, if they hadn't given the gig to Uncle Avram the previous season that might not have been neccessary.

Don't be fooled into thinking they give a toss about our club.
sacked a man out of his depth with zola( but one who the whole game respected ) , and replaced him with
another man hopelessly out of his depth who everybody thought was a clueless aunt .
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

chigwells finest wrote:i've heard this too , Brady runs around the place like a despotic Margaret thatcher ( from the spitting image years ' )
Good job she's only in 2 days a week - and never on a Monday
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Someone relatively highly placed at the Club once called me in tears fearful of her Ladyship.

Any employer worth their salt who watches the Apprentice would realise they'd be bust and sued within a year if they encouraged staff to act like that. It's a good example of how not to run a business.
Exiledin cardiff

How can a chief Exec only work 2 days a week?

I take it no decisions are made until she decides to put in an appearance, Then again she could be in the lords.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 804 likes
Total likes: 3018 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The problem is they have gotten away with it haven't they ?

Their modus operandi has been clear for some time , talk big, deliver small .They sold our home and relocated us into a stadium not fit for purpose .They have failed to deliver on even the most basic upgrades , such as a shelf for your pint .

They've kept the ticket prices at Sky high levels while convincing the world they are offering "affordable" football .They're happy to see pensioners queue for a bus while driving their Rollers up to the door , they're happy to shunt the players families into a broom cupboard rather than provide a decent lounge ( and that will be a source of huge discontent with the players) .

Overall they've ****ed it up , invested too little, listened too little and done too much "marketing" and PR .

Even the dimmest of wits has by now seen through the waffle and the spin, the deceit and bull**** , but yet, still they sit there, in the posh seats laughing at all of us still dumb enough to buy a ticket .

They're dreadful owners who treat everyone like **** , supporters, players, Managers and staff .

Utter scum .
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Care to expand Rom or would it not be prudent
I have friends who work for the club who would never divulge in such things....but others who don't work anymore say that WHUFC is run by penny pinching and bullying.

Not surprised are you ?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

One thing i must also add is.....we are disgraceful at paying our bills which of course does nothing for our name in the local community.

I know for a fact through someone at the FA....West Ham now have to pay for our away fans coaches in advance because no company would deal with them otherwise !! I kid you not..we use the same coach company as England.

I also know a close mate who used to do work for WHUFC on contract and now wont touch them because of their accounting.

Some might say thats good business.....but I find it all rather unpleasant and double standards to what our board portray in the media.
Last edited by Romford on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PC Hammer

Post by PC Hammer »

Buy low, sell high remind you of anyone...?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

PC Hammer wrote:Buy low, sell high remind you of anyone...?
I wish they'd just sell high and we can then get on with it
Exiledin cardiff

Not surprised Rom, people used to brag about working for the club, they have even f**ked that up. Still thgey will get their come uppance in this world or the next. Just a shame that hard working folks are having to endure,
I don't think they deserve our loyalty any more, they have shown nothing but disdain to fans. They have to go
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I think the summer will be most interesting when folk aren't renewing their season tickets. This will cause them some soul searching
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Puff Daddy wrote:I think the summer will be most interesting when folk aren't renewing their season tickets. This will cause them some soul searching
You have to have a soul before you can go soul searching Puff.
Last edited by Hammerite on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 874 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Hatcham Iron wrote:Sullivan and Brady rule the roost at West Ham sadly David Gold goes with the flow he is not a well man and is in my opinion just a figure head of the three DG is the only true hammer and cares about the club.Sullivan and Brady are in it solely for what they can get out of it Sullivan for the power and the dosh Brady woman power in a predominately mans domain when it suits her she will walk and not look back. :crest:
Agreed.

We all know Gold is a fan. He was on the club's books as a schoolboy and is West Ham through and through and he does have some dignity about him but unfortunately he is not pulling the strings. Sullivan is no more a West Ham fan than Daniel Levy is and I cringe whenever I see him giving it the crossed hammers. I don't dislike Gold but unfortunately he is part of the set up and I just wish they would all just sell up and f*** off.
They have killed this club.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Romford wrote:....but others who don't work anymore say that WHUFC is run by penny pinching and bullying.
The atmosphere changed overnight apparently. Prior to these lot turning up, the tea lady would be on first name terms with the board. As soon as Brady was in, the tea lady was told neither to address her, talk her or even look at her.

They claim that the club was a mess when they took over, unprofessional apparently. Seems their idea of professional means going back to Victorian times.

I also know that a former player doesn't think too highly of them. Which is good enough for me.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 1094 likes

Post by Rio »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: was on the club's books as a schoolboy.
Really? He's never mentioned it before
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

ashbanki wrote:There has been continuity and very successful recruitment, including integration of young players regardless of the manager and it has worked - That's because they have a DOF ,Les Reed, who overseas all that and does it un-noticed to most of us - He gets on with his work without the use of social media or continuous self publicity, he does not piss off teams all over Europe with silly bids, he has no intention of following through.He has spent peanuts,compared to us- He got two good seasons out of Mane and made £24m profit on him.Les Reed is a football man who ,quietly, gets on with the job under far tougher conditions than we have had to put up with in recent seasons - We have David Sullivan !!
i have been banging the Les Reed drum on here for quite some time with little effect.
A local lad too.
Steve Marsh we could have and should have gone for as well.
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1493 likes

Post by smuts »

RichieRiv wrote:
The atmosphere changed overnight apparently. Prior to these lot turning up, the tea lady would be on first name terms with the board. As soon as Brady was in, the tea lady was told neither to address her, talk her or even look at her.
And she boasts about empowering women in business. Urgh.