Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by sicknote »

Sacked manager replacements

West bromwich albion - Pardew 2 and a half year contract

Everton - Allardyce 18 month contract

Crystal Palace - Hodgson 2 year contract

Leicester city - Puel 3 year contract

West Ham United - Moyes 6 month contract

To me that shows 4 clubs with direction a plan and ambition and trust in their replacement manager

And one club, just filling the hot seat no plan , no long term strategy and little outlay,

Once again just the cheapest option from our owners
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

fjthegrey wrote:Sell to who?

Why would anyone buy us right now? Those ***** would demand a kings ransom for an asset that will substantially depreciate after our inevitable relegation.

They'll likely buy some players in January. Moyes will actually get a budget if we're still in the bottom 3 when the window opens.

That is the best case scenario in my eyes.
That's a very good point. I can understand the desire of many for change, but the who seems as worrying. Ask Birmingham supporters. In a perfect world we would be owned by honest philanthropic multi billionaires but it seems to me that most of todays owners (or potential owner)s are entirely the opposite. You only have to look at our last Managerial change. Does it fill you with confidence? Remember that our current owners are also the people who would decide the new owners.
Thekorean
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Thekorean »

Sullivan blames Spurs for London Stadium layout. Any truth to this or lies as per usual?
Westferry Iron

Post by Westferry Iron »

@sicknote. That's very telling. It is just conceivable these nutters actually expect we're going to get relegated. Keeping their options open. By next May they'll be lucky to find anyone half decent to do the job and if Moyes isn't dumped, he'll walk. They will then find some other cheapskate to guide us down to Div 1. They're poison with no antidote in sight.

Unless there's a massive injection of transfer cash in January, I guarantee that is their plan.
ballantine
Has liked: 1254 likes
Total likes: 229 likes

Post by ballantine »

sicknote wrote:Sacked manager replacements

West bromwich albion - Pardew 2 and a half year contract
Everton - Allardyce 18 month contract
Crystal Palace - Hodgson 2 year contract
Leicester city - Puel 3 year contract
West Ham United - Moyes 6 month contract

To me that shows 4 clubs with direction a plan and ambition and trust in their replacement manager

And one club, just filling the hot seat no plan , no long term strategy and little outlay,
This.

I didn't want Moyes. I don't like him. I think he'll take us down. Still, I think the board should have given him at least a three years contract, when they decided he was the best manager possible for our club. If the owners don't have faith in him and tells the world he's quickly amd easily replacable - why would the players respect him?

(Yes, I know he's on 10K a week, and that is my point - either pay what it costs to run a PL club (which you won't) or f*** off and make space for someone who will (which you won't, you lying, leeching 7% scum)
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

Thekorean wrote:Sullivan blames Spurs for London Stadium layout. Any truth to this or lies as per usual?

Its cobblers

Blaming spurs or using spurs as a smokescreen all through the OS dealings has been the go to statement for our owners, initially it was "we have to move there as we can't let spurs move into our manor", it still is used by them when drawn on the stadium being ours

Id rather spurs had that ****hole, but they never wanted it, the whole thing was leverage on the government to get more funding for the surrounding areas of the Lane as the local council were trying to force huge costs onto the new development

The seating, could never go on the track, at no ground in the world can you put seating on the track , it will damage it, they kept saying they would, a lot of us kept saying you cant as the athletes will end up falling down dents in the track, but the lies were believed

The fault on the layout is from day one not wanting football there, so no planning was done for that, the only planning for after was to leave the lower tier and the track for athletics, that was it

It was only years after they sought a wayout of that and our owners scrambled to get it, theyd enquired with Birmingham city council if they got the commonwealth games to use that new stadium had they got it but didnt, and looked at cardiff city possibly playing at the millenium, it was a given before they bought the club they were going for the OS

The layout is what they lauded in their artistic impressions, all their pr visits before we moved in and all the last 18 months of us being there, how and why is it now spurs fault, its just a cheap shot at our intelligence thinking oh f*** its that nasty spurs lot again, and no flak going on the rightful owners of our club for accepting and overseeing such a shoddy piss poor stadium refurb and deal
Modern
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 66 likes

Post by Modern »

David Gold retweeted this:

Tiddy‏ @NeilTidd1969
Replying to @rcumber1 @E6Jack and

I also believe and I will say again HAD LEVY & HEARN not tried to hijack the bid and destroy our credibility etc we would have a significantly different layout .. our fans seem to forget this
9:53 am - 26 Nov 2017

It comes from here but as with any retweet it doesn't really explain what Gold is endorsing.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Diogenes wrote: Remember that our current owners are also the people who would decide the new owners.
That’s just a desperate, desperate, pathetic argument. Even apologists have run out of anything remotely positive to say in favour of these parasites staying put. It’s now come down to their judgement is so crap they’d sell us to an wrong ‘un.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

Modern wrote:David Gold retweeted this:

Tiddy‏ @NeilTidd1969

I also believe and I will say again HAD LEVY & HEARN not tried to hijack the bid and destroy our credibility etc we would have a significantly different layout .. our fans seem to forget this

It comes from here but as with any retweet it doesn't really explain what Gold is endorsing.
2 years earlier when your club and orient were well out of it, our owners put out this statement, (i don't go on pravda whufc.com, so the poxy mirror article will have to do)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... en-5000423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its all on them accepting and delivering the shambles we now have as a home, no one elses fault
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote »

And another one in 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... video.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Again all upbeat and proud of this shiny new gaff, yet now its someone elses fault
noblecause

Post by noblecause »

Bunch of c****
Hello there!

Post by Hello there! »

They possess a truly remarkable combination of incredible incompetence and unconscionable dishonesty.

At every turn they continue to demonstrate a spectacular mixture of crass stupidity and loathsome ineptitude that is quite stupefying to behold.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

David Gold either has cognitive issues or is a devious individual or both to try and mug the West Ham supporters in such a pathetic manner. Does he think we were all born yesterday?

The silly old fool needs to shut the eff up and get off twitter.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by moderator.
noblecause

Post by noblecause »

Hello there! wrote:They possess a truly remarkable combination of incredible incompetence and unconscionable dishonesty.

At every turn they continue to demonstrate a spectacular mixture of crass stupidity and loathsome ineptitude that is quite stupefying to behold.
That's what I said!! :lol:
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Because West Ham hates Spurs is an easy tactic to use to get fans on side.

The whole Spurs moving into the OS was a collaboration to ensure that West Ham fans supported to move i.e. we don't care that it's an athletics stadium we just don't want spurs to have. The upside was spurs put a shot across Haringey's bows in order to get planning permission.

They played us.
eddiecurry

Post by eddiecurry »

Diogenes wrote:Remember that our current owners are also the people who would decide the new owners.
Getting new owners didn't work out well for Leyton Orient. You can still find a story dating from just 2014 headlined "West Ham should be 'petrified' of Leyton Orient under new owner Francesco Becchetti, says Barry Hearn"

The fact that G&S have kept us in the PL for MOST of their time shows that they're not actually the worst owners we could have had.

I would still like new owners though.
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

Gold can defend the stadium all he like but the truth his, he has a monitor in front of him at home games because his views terrible.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Westferry Iron wrote:@sicknote. That's very telling. It is just conceivable these nutters actually expect we're going to get relegated. Keeping their options open. By next May they'll be lucky to find anyone half decent to do the job and if Moyes isn't dumped, he'll walk. They will then find some other cheapskate to guide us down to Div 1. They're poison with no antidote in sight.

Unless there's a massive injection of transfer cash in January, I guarantee that is their plan.
No. There will always be a desperado out there somewhere who'll give it a go. Paolo Di Canio for one
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

now that we are doomed and down I think its time to turn the heat up and start protesting against these 7% leeches. we are about to announce record profits of 80m will it pay off the debt, pay off gold and sullivans loans or go towards new players ?

the loans will be in place until they leave as its a nice earner. no chance of decent players just scraps.

BOARD OUT portests at every game now. we have back the team and the response has been nil. time to remove the cancer within the club. make it unpleasant for them. get them thinking of selling.

business men will smell a chance if they see how bad it is for gold and Sullivan.

RED BULL to the rescue ?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1982 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Modern wrote:David Gold retweeted this:

Tiddy‏ @NeilTidd1969

It may have been full of bitterness and hatred, but thanks, anyway, that comment made me laugh out loud.

So, its Levy and Hearn's fault! Of course, it is.