Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

From the comments to the article
Phooey 53m ago

For all the people slagging Jacob Steinberg off for this article, can't you see he is writing this so Sullivan hangs himself. Do you not see the subtlety of what this piece is all about.

JacobSteinberg Phooey 36m ago
Staff
Thanks Phooey. You've always understood me.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Jacob Steinberg‏ @JacobSteinberg 5s6 seconds ago
Sullivan on Gokhan Tore: "Slaven wanted me to buy him for €14m and I said I’m not doing it. You could see after one game he was useless. He had him in Turkey and you think 'How could he not know him inside out?' With his wages, we dropped £5m."

"I’ll give you an example: Wolves and Middlesbrough spent a fortune, they both got relegated. I bet they wish they spent their money on the pitch. We spent ours on the pitch. At this moment in time it doesn’t look like the money’s been well spent."

Sullivan: "You look at Zaza, who’s gone to Spain. I spoke to six Spanish agents and managers about Zaza. They said ‘what’s he doing?’ and I said ‘he’s appalling’. They said ‘He’s not appalling, he’s a very good player’. He didn’t do it for us because he was out of condition."

That's 2 clubs, 2 players and a manager he's managed to have a dig at there. I hope someone knocks him out soon.
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by Tenbury »

DannyboyDJL wrote:..... ........ends up hanging himself..
Perhaps the only way we'll fill the athletics stadium.
Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 143 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Bill »

DannyboyDJL wrote:..... ........ends up hanging himself..
The only thing I would attend there this season.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Jacob Steinberg‏
@JacobSteinberg
37s38 seconds ago
Sullivan on writing that open letter about Gianfranco Zola's team: "Gianfranco Zola was an appalling picker of players and an appalling manager. He was very popular. You see where we ended up and what he did, I was right."

It continues....
sharphammer

Post by sharphammer »

Jacob Steinberg‏
@JacobSteinberg
22m22 minutes ago
More
Replying to @JacobSteinberg
"I’ll give you an example: Wolves and Middlesbrough spent a fortune, they both got relegated. I bet they wish they spent their money on the pitch. We spent ours on the pitch"

What the actual f***?!
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Very soon nobody will touch him with a barge pole that’s players agents managers.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

I think he's full on lost it, like in the middle of a breakdown. Backed into a corner thinking he can swing his way out of it, make the bloke squirm.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

DDHammer wrote:I think he's full on lost it, like in the middle of a breakdown. Backed into a corner thinking he can swing his way out of it, make the bloke squirm.
I ****ing hope so
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 1307 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Another one:
And finally, Sullivan is a bit like Pep Guardiola - he reckons Zabaleta would make a superb defensive midfielder. "He’s unbelievable there. I think Sam Byram’s a better player than people think."
But you know, he doesn't interfere.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Comparing the stadium with Brexit is fair I suppose. Both have been a complete f*** up from start to finish.
Scarhead

Post by Scarhead »

Happyhammer52 wrote:Comparing the stadium with Brexit is fair I suppose. Both have been a complete **** up from start to finish.
And yet neither of them are finished.

Re his sons taking over at some point in the future, they're not going anywhere are they, none of them? :cry:
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Are they putting crystal meth in the cappuccinos at the West Ham Coffee Shop?

This clown has lost it
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Scarhead wrote:
Re his sons taking over at some point in the future, they're not going anywhere are they, none of them? :cry:
We can certainly attempt to make that change. RealWestHam fans will be discussing the article tonight at 1930 on Facebook and hopefully Twitter.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Jackanakanory wrote:And he felt it necessary to basically slag two current players in Fonte and Snodgrass by saying his kids begged him not to sign them
This is disgusting. What a gyppo this man is.

Classless.
Scarhead

Post by Scarhead »

Happyhammer52 wrote:We can certainly attempt to make that change. RealWestHam fans will be discussing the article tonight at 1930 on Facebook and hopefully Twitter.
Wasn't aware of that, thanks for the heads up.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 768 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

real west ham fans can scrap their five points and reduce its demands to one:

"find a potential owner with a plan to move west ham to a proper football ground and negotiate a price of sale you can both agree on"

that's sullivan's one and only job going forward as far as i'm concerned. anything else is papering over the cracks.
Bill
Stranded in the smog

Post by Bill »

Another one:
And finally, Sullivan is a bit like Pep Guardiola - he reckons Zabaleta would make a superb defensive midfielder. "He’s unbelievable there. I think Sam Byram’s a better player than people think."
In other words he's telling Moyes to move Zabaleta to defensive midfield so he doesn't have to pretend to try for Carvalho again.
Bill
Stranded in the smog

Post by Bill »

Beavis Danzig wrote:real west ham fans can scrap their five points and reduce its demands to one:

"find a potential owner with a plan to move west ham to a proper football ground and negotiate a price of sale you can both agree on"

that's sullivan's one and only job going forward as far as i'm concerned. anything else is papering over the cracks.
Halleluijah to that!
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Scarhead wrote:Re his sons taking over at some point in the future, they're not going anywhere are they, none of them? :cry:
They'll go.

They're chancers - Sullivan probably think that coming out with ***** (I'm paraphrasing slightly here) such as West Ham is Gold's only pleasure in his poor, lonely miserable, God-forsaken life will ensure that potential buyers will believe they have to offer another £100 million to prise them out of here. It's all a blag.