Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=4110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fantastic :thup:

Not one that really comes up often but if you look at events from when they purchased Birmingham to now, they've turned an initial £700,000 investment into something worth what? £100m each? £200m maybe? And that's whilst earning 7% on their loans to the club over the last few years.

Lovely work.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

swehammer wrote:Say what you want from the C&H site (biased with board etc) but they are making some fair points about changes they would like to see from the board (both short and long term).
There's a meeting of fan groups this weekend re the forthcoming march. As far as I'm aware, there's only one or two websites/social media enterprises whose involvement hasn't been requested due to their perceived relationship with the Board (or relatives of).

I'm afraid it's going to take a little more than one conveniently-timed and out-of-character article for Hugh and Sean's blog to gain any credibility amongst those planning to march next month.
hamagram
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hamagram »

Its again more deflection IMO. An attempt to represent as fact, that he fans concerns are purely transfer based. She will do anything to deflect any criticism of the stadium or threat to her reputation / public perception with regards her involvement in any of this. IMO she is the most vulnerable. The Dave's attempt to use west ham to enhance their credibility matters little when compared to what Brady has to lose
paulo1963

West Ham tickets

Post by paulo1963 »

As a Claret member I've just received an e-mail inviting me to purchase tickets for Man Utd. An upper tier ticket is 80 quid plus booking fee. Train fare of 11 quid, a couple of beers 10 quid, a burger 7 quid, feeling of being totally ripped off......priceless.
Stick the game up your area Sullivan!
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Does seem a little strange, Karren Brady apologising for ANYTHING.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Samba wrote:Does seem a little strange, Karren Brady apologising for ANYTHING.

It has to be a softening blowvbefore she kicks us in the ghoulies

I suspect they have the season ticket prices ready for next season, and want all renewals in before march the 10th, otherwise the waiting list will get to choose their seats
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

sicknote wrote:It has to be a softening blowvbefore she kicks us in the ghoulies

I suspect they have the season ticket prices ready for next season, and want all renewals in before march the 10th, otherwise the waiting list will get to choose their seats

I dreamt a couple of nights again my renewal letter turned up and my ST was going up to £753
NedN
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 612 likes

Post by NedN »

Samba wrote:Does seem a little strange, Karren Brady apologising for ANYTHING.
To be frank, she’s apologizing only for something that SHE would care about if she were in supporters’ shoes, which further demonstrates how out of touch they are...

if you wanna apologize for something talking so long, apologize for the fact we seemingly haven’t even started to discuss the promised retractable seats...
e17
Has liked: 292 likes
Total likes: 976 likes

Post by e17 »

That C&H article is an unofficial club statement wrapped up in some pretty points that will never happen.

The bit about “becoming Portsmouth” if they leave is the true point of that post. Sowing seeds for Sully.

Don’t swallow it
Samba

Post by Samba »

And, even more sick-making, Ned, she's 'apologising' for something someone else hasn't done or got wrong. Not for anything that SHE'S not done or done wrong. Clever really. Or trying to be.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

That Paul Walker article is possibly one of the best things Ive ever read on here. :thup:

Anyone thinking of swerving the march should read it and think again.
Samba

Post by Samba »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:That Paul Walker article is possibly one of the best things Ive ever read on here. :thup:
Anyone thinking of swerving the march should read it and think again.
:thup: :thup:
Sarfend Hammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Sarfend Hammer »

ludo22 wrote:**** me.Imagine if humanity had taken that line over the years."Let's not bother protesting because it's a bit negative."Utter b*llocks.
So let me get this straight, I comment that I don't see the point of all the venom and you somehow translate that into the progress of humanity. Does context mean anything to you? This isn't Selma, Alabama circa 1965! Get a grip.

Your final comment was out of place, The title, Utter b*llocks belonged at the beginning of your hysterics.
Boom Kid
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Boom Kid »

[quote="Samba"]Does seem a little strange, Karren Brady apologising for ANYTHING.

Indeed it is strange - she must be worried about something to do that - wouldn't be anything to do with real fans being unhappy would it or an impending march :wink:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4404 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

You'd think Gold would pack it in at his age, wouldn't you?

Sell your shares and take an honorary seat in the Directors Box, DG - sell the Kommissar down the river.
claretblue-westham

Post by claretblue-westham »

bubbles1966 wrote:You'd think Gold would pack it in at his age, wouldn't you?

Sell your shares and take an honorary seat in the Directors Box, DG - sell the Kommissar down the river.
Does he even do anything anymore? Or just wants the prestige or whatever of coowning the club
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

e17 wrote:That C&H article is an unofficial club statement wrapped up in some pretty points that will never happen.

The bit about “becoming Portsmouth” if they leave is the true point of that post. Sowing seeds for Sully.

Don’t swallow it
As soon as the last vestige of credibility is gone a messenger becomes obsolete. In order to remain a messenger who retains some credibility at least for some Southon is trying a different tack because the tried and trusted one wasn't working.

No way would there have been stuff lie that from C+H even week ago, but the ****-storm around the club has flared up and the old way of responding to troubles is no longer sufficient and in any case he needs to aim his message at a new audience - those likely to march - and they are deaf to his usual propaganda bilge.

But as others have said, we need to look at his key message - one that is meant to scare the fans into timidity and so keep his masters in place - i.e. chase the Daves out and the club will do a Pompey.

I said the other day that the wagons are being circled. Unprofessional media outlets like Dave Sullivan Jnr have pulled their twitter accounts, or have had the club tell them to scrap it? . Their more 'professional' and resilient attack dog has been tweeting today as if she's finally been re-activated after months in mothballs. And now Southon has been deployed to water down antagonism / scare the fans in the guise of someone coming around to our side of the argument - anyone fooled by the sly, sycophantic, gutless, oily rag only has themselves to blame.

As you say E17, I'm not buying it. Thing is that this change of tack is a sign that we're on top. By making an argument that incorporates some of our criticisms Southon has had to at least give the appearance of pretending to move in our direction. Like a tug of war team rooted in the sand once they are budged there's no getting a foothold again and they are clearly struggling in the space we've made. Keep it up boys and girls.

ps - prediction for a Southon article coming to you soon. Either, he's looked at the alternatives and reluctantly had to conclude there's no one else out there. Or if we sign someone, anyone half decent he'll say he was wrong and that the Daves can take us where we'd like to go.
Samba

Post by Samba »

DaveWHU1964 wrote: But as others have said, we need to look at his key message - one that is meant to scare the fans into timidity and so keep his masters in place - i.e. chase the Daves out and the club will do a Pompey.
Great post. Dave.
I agree that it appears to be the sole intent; to scare us into caving in. It's almost laughable.
It's also highly insulting to our collective intelligence.
After what they have done to WHUFC, they threaten us obliquely about us 'turning into Portsmouth if we force The Daves out'?
Thanks to them, we're going in that direction, anyway.
They just still don't get it - yet. Of course it isn't really that they don't get it; they don't want to 'get it'.
Compared to them owning us. there IS NOTHING worse. NOTHING.
Non-league? BRING IT ON.
GreenStHammer

Post by GreenStHammer »

sharphammer wrote:to put into context the 264m spend since 2008 - according to Deloitte revenue our since then broken down as follows...

2009-10 = 87.6m
2010-11 = 89.1m
2011-12 = unknown (championship season) could assume 100m?
2012-13 = 104.8m
2013-14 = 137.4m
2014-15 = 160.9m
2015-16 = 192.3m
2016-17 = 213.3m

Total = 1.085 billion pounds has come into that club (roughly)

Oh dear.....

It's absolute skullduggery, of the HIGHEST order.
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Sarfend Hammer wrote:
So let me get this straight, I comment that I don't see the point of all the venom and you somehow translate that into the progress of humanity. Does context mean anything to you? This isn't Selma, Alabama circa 1965! Get a grip.

Condescending nonsense. 'Irrationality' the great non-insult.

I can't believe the need to point it out,but there you go, humans are a mixture of the rational and the irrational .Pre-Sky at least , supporting your football club belongs in the latter category.Wether you support human-rights or not is completely irrelevant, and the response of a scoundrel or half-wit.

Utter b*llocks.
Exactly so.