Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Slacking student wrote:Full transcript here for people to pull the quotes out of, there's so many belters as well

https://www.football.london/west-ham-un ... s-14272195" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Better to read this than watch the video; at least you don't have to listen to his irritating voice grating on (and some on here take the p**s out of Kane!). Also with the video; you know he's lying, his lips are moving.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Slacking student wrote:Full transcript here for people to pull the quotes out of, there's so many belters as well

https://www.football.london/west-ham-un ... s-14272195" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eggs'n'nuts wrote: Better to read this than watch the video; at least you don't have to listen to his irritating voice grating on (and some on here take the p**s out of Kane!). Also with the video; you know he's lying, his lips are moving.
I thought it was Ricky Gervais doing a voice-over.
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Hay Mr Sullivan, we won today, we needed those 3 points.

But guess what, we still want you out of the club. That will never change. :thup:
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

If we crank it up like Brum did and make it toxic they will be gone by Christmas.

He's wearing the right uniform for someone deluded and clinging on to the last semblance of power :lol:
Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

"You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"

:crest:
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

brothernero wrote:Hay Mr Sullivan, we won today, we needed those 3 points.

But guess what, we still want you out of the club. That will never change. :thup:
:thup:
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

chappo59 wrote:If we crank it up like Brum did and make it toxic they will be gone by Christmas.

He's wearing the right uniform for someone deluded and clinging on to the last semblance of power :lol:
Behaves like a General in the KGB .Silly **** that he is.
Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by Bill »

That video is full of the usual b*llocks and lies. Another load of broken promises for the future. Three points today changes nothing. We want you out!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Hamburger wrote:.
WHTV interview -

DAVID, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT GREAT PLAYERS WE IDENTIFY, YOU WILL FK UP THE NEGOTIATING.

So we never signed the likes of Hernandez, Arnautovic, Mario, Lanzini, Payet..

It's not like he's never been able to negotiate deals for the kind of players we all wanted at the time, it's just he's also missed out on a lot as well.

That being said, I'd like him to take a back seat now and let the recruitment team get on with it.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Don't buy his latest spin guys. He's rattled and he won't deliver, just as he never delivers. He might just as well have said, b*llocks to all of you
Johnny Pa(i)ntsil

Post by Johnny Pa(i)ntsil »

Hamburger wrote:.
WHTV interview -
"Going forward I'm going to delegate the whole transfer thing to a huge analysis and scouting system with a new area of recruitment. The manager will go and watch them play and we hope to spend our money better.
I'm more appalled that it's taken him 8 years to figure out what most clubs would consider a normal recruitment policy.

years
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

8 years and counting.

He won't change.

He's probably polishing his scattergun as we speak.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Probably only one way back for him: Don't sell players the manager wants to keep, then give the manager a minimum of 50 million to spend the way he wants, with no interference from the board.
Hire a proper DOF to handle the negotiations for players.
No more lowballing bids, no more submitting of insulting payment terms.

Then again, that would be totally alien to Sullivan's usual MO, so I think it probably won't happen.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

chappo59 wrote:If we crank it up like Brum did and make it toxic they will be gone by Christmas.

Sadly one honest thing he said of late and that is he isn't going anywhere any time soon. It will take a lot and consistent and persistent pressure to get rid and rightly or wrongly he has bet on a few wins taking the sting out of the protests. Those dictators you allude to don't give up till well past the time the games up, this one won't be any different unless he is offered obscene amounts of money after all they are two words he fully understands. Delusion on the other hand doesn't seem to be in his vocabulary despite the abundance of it staring him in the face.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Out out out and out.
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 260 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

I just needed to get on this thread to get some sanity back after a blazing row with a bloke in front of me at todays game.

He's a nosey git and regularly turns round to me and my mate when we're having a private conversation about the annoying tourists\stadium\board etc. and then he kicks off about us being negative and why do you come here then etc. etc. This is before the game started.

I said he'll be alright anyway next season coz I ain't coming next year until these 3 clowns leave our club. Means even more tourists will be sitting in our block near him probably. He then spouts off about how great DS is, he 'saved' our club and DS truly loves the club because he bought it with his own money and 'saved' us all from oblivion. Started banging on about him being a lifelong fan and I said I'd only been coming since 1970 myself - blame my mother for not dropping me earlier.

I pointed out the only DS 'love' is a love to earn money with interest added. That's not 'love'. All the lies, the spin, the world's greatest migration and the embarrassment of their clan and social media involvement which is completely unprofessional. Said I assumed he'd not be at the march then? To which he got all funny saying "Actually I'm in South Africa the week before". "Yeah?" I said, "Well I'm in hospital a few days beforehand but I'll still be there".

Basically, he was old enough (I thought) to know better but it was like talking to a Sullivan Cyberman. Just depressing to me though, because I thought to myself, "How many other supporters are so f*cking blind to NOT see what these 3 crooks are all about?!!"

Sooooo...felt the need to chill here for a while to get a proper sense of normality back again. Headbanger
Last edited by Iron-on-transfer on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
delbert
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

We've always been lumbered with unambitious owners, I can remember reading about the FA shortly after WW1 thanking our club for selling their bright prospects to other clubs. This lack of ambition at the top then becomes low expectations when it filters down to us proles in the stands, it infects every part of the club.
That's why the very occasional bit of success becomes so important, who else still celebrates coming third over 30 years ago?
However, we are a well supported club with loyal albeit pragmatic fans, the clubs top brass have been traditionally spoiled by our dogged fans that still support the club in vast numbers despite a lack of success.
Enter the current villains of the piece. I imagine they could hardly believe their luck, they know we've had a string of less than ambitious owners, they know our expectations are therefore pretty low, they saw our loyalty as a weakness open to exploitation and timing wise the Icelandics had just taken a hiding. They also knew there's a good chance of a freebie stadium going for grabs giving them a Boleyn ground plated dividend.
All they had to do was give it some spin and give it some flannel. Well, the spin and flannel has now become transparent, could they turn this around? Even if they wanted to I doubt they have the ability, they need to very much go........
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 581 likes

Post by vietnammer »

This from KUMB Home Page: http://kumb.com/story.php?id=132189" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Head of Recruitment Tony Henry was dismissed for employing a racist recruitment policy".

Er...no he didn't. He made an untoward remark in an e-mail and was rightly vilified for it. West Ham clearly didn't employ a racist recruitment policy. Come on KUMB.
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

Iron-on-transfer wrote:I just needed to get on this thread to get some sanity back after a blazing row with a bloke in front of me at todays game.
He's a nosey git and regularly turns round to me and my mate when we're having a private conversation about the annoying tourists\stadium\board etc. and then he kicks off about us being negative and why do you come here then etc. etc. This is before the game started.
He sounds a bit lonely, actually. Turning round to join in conversations.
Perhaps he's just one of those people who don't want any reality, spoiling their private bubble of enjoyment? You know, they can't handle the painful truth & insist on trying to live in a wonderful world where there are no problems? Sad, really.
At least you both enjoyed the game, I hope!
ironhammer58

Post by ironhammer58 »

Call me a cynic, but is there any evidence to back up the poison dwarfs claims that he attended said cup finals,

Or uncle alberts claims to have been born in green street and was signed on West Ham’s books as an apprentice .

Or is it like everything else that comes out of their mouths, bare faced lies.

They should learn to walk on their hands then what comes out of the top end and the bottom end would make more sense.