Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Samba »

Samba wrote:We won't get fooled again...
Claret&Blue,Thru& wrote:Nah, we won't be fooled into moving grounds now.
Ain't got a problem with that happening again. You know, might be able to identify who's playing on the pitch, next time..
Bring it on!
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

I think half the problem is that we, as fans, tend to be eternal optimists who ignore all hard evidence that points to the contrary for as long as possible.

My father was one of the club's bankers for a while during the 70's and early 80's and, while being a staunch West Ham fan, would freely admit that the Cearnses were, and I quote, "tinpot tossers" who were quite content to sell our best players the second we even looked like finishing in the top six.

They then sold to Terry Brown who was also a tinpot tosser who probably couldn't quite believe his luck when he got to sell Rio for 17 million quid.

Our one hope was the Icelandics but, you almost couldn't make up anything more West Ham than this as we were bought by the only billionaires on the planet who managed to lose the ****ing lot during the financial crisis.

Of course, since then, we've been back to the normal state of affairs: owned by tinpot tossers who mostly want to line their own pockets.

T'was ever thus, I'm afraid.

The problem is that we all desperately want to believe it will all be different next time.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

that's the bit that worries me about gsb eventually selling up. They'll probably sell to someone like the geezer at Milan who's taken out a massive loan to buy the club and probably gonna default, leaving the club in the hands of the banks. As you say it's very much the West Ham Way
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Does anyone else get the impression Sullivan and whoever have literally handed the keys to the asylum to Pellegrini and his mate and chipped off leaving them to it. Sort of like a hot potato...

“here you go... we are out of here. There’s 50 million in the top draw. Buy to sell or sell to buy. Give us a ring if there’s any success and we’ll be back to milk the glory... if things go tits up don’t worry just don’t look like you are going to get relegated... ps forgot to mention you need to sort your back room staff out of the top draw money... Noble and my boys said they’d help out if needed... ttfn
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Sullivan has gone away to lie down in a dark room trying to work out how to not spend whatever it takes to
buy Anderson without pissing of Pellegrini so he quits before August.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Georgee Paris wrote:Does anyone else get the impression Sullivan and whoever have literally handed the keys to the asylum to Pellegrini and his mate and chipped off leaving them to it. Sort of like a hot potato...
If Carlsberg did hand overs.... :thup:
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44731272" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2362 likes

Post by Ozza »

Can anyone put that link on our owners and their offsprings twitter feeds?

Proper owners (not here)
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44725744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tony Henry: West Ham's ex-head of recruitment banned for 12 months

What about the Director of Football who openly states his role in signing players who oversaw this whole recruitment strategy? :hush:
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

They were opportunists who struck a good deal for a club with a massive potential for resale.
I don't blame them for that, that's what smart business people do. Its the b*llocks that have gone with it, the razzle dazzle.

I did believe them at first because I can see what the club could be with the move etc. and if they were truly fans then we could be a big club.
I would have even gone with it more if they were a little more honest and said "look, we have moved, its going to take a few years but the long term goal is to be pushing up the league.." instead we got a load of bs about the plans for the stadium and the squad compared to reality, and the fact that they haven't invested at all. It was all about them and the lining their pockets. Nothing about the best interests about this fantastic club.

I don't mind the stadium, its not UP and its not without its problems but I would swallow it for the successes it should bring. Arsenal have a lovely stadium and the Spuds will do too. We had to move with the times and this should have been perfect for us, much like Man City. We should have been involved in its development like City's ground instead of waiting for the hand me down.
They have also failed to really put a soul into it, its just the **** Poundland bunting them put around it rather than properly investing in it.

I, along with others can see them for what they are. The spin, lies and self interest will continue for as long as they can get away with it. As soon as they can sell for the maximum amount they will sell up and I cannot wait.

West Ham fans my arse. :scarfer:
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

a few more years of the shysters to go. if the team improves then it will be a little better but our soul and identity has gone and wont return whilst we are tenants at the ***** bowl.

awful move that benefits only one group of people and its not the fans
Smonnie

The owners - the case against (please keep live)

Post by Smonnie »

My dad thinks the owners have the club's best interest at heart. We know otherwise.

Please please please give me the evidence to prove my case

Mods, I know there are more obvious threads, but please give me 48 hours before deletions to show to my poor dad.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Re: The owners - the case against (please keep live)

Post by goa127 »

i'm not disagreeing with you at all, but isn't there a thread entitled 'Gold and Sullivan' which has covered this subject again and again?
Smonnie

Post by Smonnie »

goa127 wrote:i'm not disagreeing with you at all, but isn't there a thread entitled 'Gold and Sullivan' which has covered this subject again and again?
Helpful, thanks bud.

I want the case against in one place, based purely on their mismanagement.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

My list C&P

They have underinvested in the team especially at crucial points (e.g. Jan 2016)
They have undermined all our previous managers in one way or another
They charged us 7% interest on loans.
They charged fans to use a premium phone line they had investment in.
They tried to renege on the 5 year ST discount.
They stand to make millions from the sale of the BG and moving WHUFC to the athletics track.
They lied over the many, many aspects of the athletics stadium and how many supporters want it and/or back it still.
They managed a migration which was an utter shambles.
They provide ZERO help for away supporters whilst other clubs lay on special trains, etc.
They have tried to ban supporters who have shown any form of dissention
They signed a deal for the stadium which meant we had to start the season with 3 away games.
They basically stole the Premier League away fans fund from WHUFC supporters.
They voted against the £30 away ticket price cap which has been a massive benefit to our away support.
They have used club funds to donate to a political party, thus bringing politics into the club.
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

I want the owners out as much as anyone
BUT
It's getting a bit tedious going on and on - the transfer thread is a good example.
IMHO we need some plan of action not repetition and name calling. I'm not sure what we can do that would be truly effective, perhaps better and younger minds than mine can form an action plan?
ginghamdress
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by ginghamdress »

goa127 wrote:...isn't there a thread entitled 'Gold and Sullivan' which has covered this subject again and again?
and again and again and again, we don't need another one.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Can't we just enjoy the fact England are in the semi-finals of the World Cup.

We're going to start a new season soon where I'm sure they'll give us plenty of reasons to **** them off some more.

Like above just read back through the Gold and Sullivan Thread, the season ticket waiting list thread, the Olympic stadium thread,the transfer thread etc. And make notes.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Ted Fenton wrote:I want the owners out as much as anyone..
It's getting a bit tedious going on and on - I'm not sure what we can do that would be truly effective, perhaps better and younger minds than mine can form an action plan?
We had a brilliant plan but Sullivan got the ICF on board and they in turn managed to cancel the march and threatened anyone who still wanted to .

Gold and Sullivan are here for the duration I'm afraid .

It all depends how badly people want them out - If the team play well next season , if we manage to get a couple of big scalps under our belt it'll give them the reprieve they've been looking for and a lot of people will be happy with that I guess .

It was always going to take 3-5 seasons to get a good team together , whether by luck or judgement they're slowly getting there - Marko Arnautovic was a masterstroke - Slaven Bilic's choice .
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

hadleighhammer wrote:My list C&P
Add to this

They attempted to scam fans out of club cash by inserting a time limited usage clause into the terms and conditions half way through the season and without publicizing that fact