Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 313 likes
Total likes: 1087 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

DaveWHU1964 wrote: However the sooner they go the better because a) they won't be able to do any more damage to us and b) the repair job can start sooner.
I take that point but that was the kind of thing being said when the Icelandics were on the way out. With the added bonus that this time they get to choose the next man in.

The 'business' people that have taken an interest in this club in recent times is terrifying. Brown, Joorabchian, Duckers, Eggy, Guomundsson, Sullivan, Gold and Brady. You would think just blind luck would make the next lot an improvement.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote:
The 'business' people that have taken an interest in this club in recent times is terrifying. Brown, Joorabchian, Duckers, Eggy, Guomundsson, Sullivan, Gold and Brady. You would think just blind luck would make the next lot an improvement.
Fernandez to be added to that lot not that it improves the overall quality more than a smigeon.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: I take that point but that was the kind of thing being said when the Icelandics were on the way out. With the added bonus that this time they get to choose the next man in.

I think our loyalty makes us attractive to the Golds and Sullivans of this world. Had they done what they have done to just about any other club many of its supporters would already have turned their back on the club. They have weaponised loyalty and passion and then used that weapon against us. Brilliant really, if you're a money-grabbing, cynical, lying, ruthless ****.

So what can we do except hold out hope for that the next lot will be an improvement? And if not the next time around then maybe the lot after them. The alternative is to accept things can never be better and give up on something we love and that has been part of forming the people we are. That isn't going to happen.

If this lot hang around here there really will be nothing recognisable left about us. There's not much left now I grant you. But on the rare occasions I am able to go, like Palace last week, I do (amongst the Arsenal-esque newcomers) still recognise our support. But imho even that will continue to dwindle the longer the parasites stay. It's obvious more and more feel the same way.
e-20

Post by e-20 »

Fishdo wrote:Picking up on the purchase by redbull....

I think Sully tact was to emphasise how much he loves this club by saying “look how much I could have sold it for..but I didn’t because I love this club and only want what’s best for it..”

When you consider what the owners think the club is worth and that Sully wants a couple of family seats on the board for his sons then I doubt any competent person would be interested in taking it over....

I think any investor would see it more beneficial to let these owners dig themselves into a hole they can’t get out of and then step in.... like most here any potential investors can see that these owners cannot sustain there current plan and this club has further down to go before it’s worth coming in with a rescue plan.... make no doubt any purchase from these owners will be nothing more than a rescue plan..!!
I make you right. I think they have not wanted to sell the club short term till the negative conditions in doing so are all but gone but I think it is pretty much nailed on that they expected the move, shiny new stadium low rent, high profile would have them queuing up to buy a bit of us in one way of another begging to give them money.

What they failed to understand is that what with the 'high profile' becoming nothing but negative since, their own insistence on retaining full power for some years, the impossibility to work cooperately with them, their duplicity on any agreement, the cheap rent hiding the inability to earn additional income including sponsorship at the OS (as if any investor wouldn't notice those limitations) and no doubt their making any investor pay rent for their seats in the Directors Box, no one either came in or will come in now as things stand to hide our skint state. The lack of stadium sponsors in particular, (let alone any prospective offer on that front that would have paid us a penny so far), is the biggest barrier even if the owners were not such pariahs. So without new investors bringing in the cash they planned for (be it plan A,B or C) to allow for a new transfer kitty to replace the one they had based on fools gold i.e. loans written off against future earnings, I guess this inability to spend will remain. They clearly over played their hand as usual.

I still think, at least hope, that eventually a buyer will have the vision that can make us a worthwhile investment but they will certainly want to do so when the present owners are desperate to do a deal rather than deluded about its overblown value, so knowing the depth of that delusion, it could be some time coming yet and a long way back no doubt if/when it does. New buyers also will not want any remaining influence from the present lot and any presence at all to be as invisible as that of Brown these days (that won't be easy to negotiate). I suspect that if they have any sense they will have a gagging order on this lot and the sons too. Only then perhaps just maybe some optimism may return. But that may depend on who the new owners would be. You could see the logic for Red Bull because it could be part of a bigger picture but for those just interested in the potential of a football club and 'iconic' stadium the limitations are sadly now obvious.
e-20

Post by e-20 »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote:
The real issues they have created won't go away when they do, thats a far bigger problem imo.
That is so true and the most depressing aspect. Its really taken some skill to reduce us to the present level and declining but hey this lot have achieved it. We are increasingly soiled goods and the smell will put off others and persist well after they have gone.
e-20

Post by e-20 »

rsnwhu wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ghamcityfc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
First line 'Relegation a side issue'. It seems that is increasingly the case for us for so many reasons.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

pezza20 wrote:Not necessarily - the concession is dated 22.3.13 however the table you refer to does not say from when the date starts, there is probably a clause before the table stating the start date is the date from which the consessionaire commences operation, ie August 2016.
Clarified 3 posts later with the relevant extracts from the agreement:
http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 0#p5163473

The explicit clauses in the agreement state that the Qualifying Period for the payback "means the period that starts on the date of this agreement"

48 days to go until 5 years are up!
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes

Post by Vince »

Post made today on the RWHFAG FB page, that when they spoke to some of the old stewards at the Boleyn in relation to stewarding the march on 10th March, was told that the club made them pay for their own stewards jackets if they wanted to keep them. Jackets are no good at the OS. Were they going to auction these off aswell ? How cheap can these bastards go. Would it have been too much to shake their hands and say thanks for all the service over the years.
e-20

Post by e-20 »

Wembley1966 wrote:
The explicit clauses in the agreement state that the Qualifying Period for the payback "means the period that starts on the date of this agreement"

48 days to go until 5 years are up!
Don't want to read through all that so off the top of your head do you know the hit at 5 years as opposed to 10 years? Cant remember, are those 2 straight qualifying steps or does the percentage decline year by year between 5 and 10 years?
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 313 likes
Total likes: 1087 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Vince wrote:Post made today on the RWHFAG FB page, that when they spoke to some of the old stewards at the Boleyn in relation to stewarding the march on 10th March, was told that the club made them pay for their own stewards jackets if they wanted to keep them. Jackets are no good at the OS. Were they going to auction these off aswell ? How cheap can these bastards go. Would it have been too much to shake their hands and say thanks for all the service over the years.
A phrase that has been repeated on various threads by various posters over the time they have been here. They know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

More and more that is coming home to roost.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

e-20 wrote:Don't want to read through all that so off the top of your head do you know the hit at 5 years as opposed to 10 years? Cant remember, are those 2 straight qualifying steps or does the percentage decline year by year between 5 and 10 years?
This is it in simple table form reflecting what's in the agreement. 2 steps - 5 and 10 years.

It's also pro rata for the percentage of the total shareholding that they actually sell.
Bielefeld-Hammer
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Bielefeld-Hammer »

Homeless, new badge, history carried to grave. A reputation of racism. Call us Red Bull West Ham United Football Club, I hope for Dietrich Mateschitz. This is the bottom line, hoping someone like Mateschitz takes over. Goodbye lovely West Ham United Football Club! Our board did everything to get our club deeper in the ****.
chuffster
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by chuffster »

Gold just appeared on Twitter, retweeting a message of support....
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

chuffster wrote:Gold just appeared on Twitter, retweeting a message of support....
Now there's a ****ing surprise!
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1855 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 343 likes
Total likes: 613 likes

Post by Croydon »

I mean, I guess he's right about Hugill. The guy wasn't a West Ham player though, so a bit odd.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

davids cross wrote:Image
NOT A RACIST.
DD
Has liked: 1 like

Post by DD »

^^^assume that’s a 5 a side goal?

Classless little dirtbag
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3498 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Iron Mark wrote:When the OS was being sold to the fans one of the questions, if I remember correctly, was that you would be happy to move if it meant being able to attract better players.
Promoted: http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=4108
swisstony
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by swisstony »

davids cross wrote:Image

I have total confidence in our leader. Now stop all this nonsense....

He's awesome.......#keepyuppy......#onetwo....#ohbuggerstartagain....Image

That reminds me, must go in the loft and dig out the Chad Valley Big League for the nephews