Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

kthammer

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by kthammer »

kayahammer wrote:Love the guy! Finally we've got someone to fill greeno's gloves
I assume you are kidding. Hes much better all round. Technique, kicking, confidence, dominates the area, personality. Great keeper.
Sawbo
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Sawbo »

If he continues in this vein of form, surely an outside bet for Spain's World Cup squad?
bubblemen

Post by bubblemen »

I was a bit of a critic to start with mainly because i'm a Jusi fan but Adrian has proved himself and he most definitely saved us last night we could have been 3 down before we scored and that's thanks to Adrian .....West Hams number 1 . Gotta give a big thanks to Jusi though .
AMC1964

Post by AMC1964 »

Adrian has been superb in tha last 7 weeks or so. Forget the city/forest games where he wasn't at fault at all, but was bending over 11 times. Have a look at the last 5/6 games and the kid is in top form. He surely loves it here as well, which for me, is always top of the list for people to play at this club, they must want to. Last night his 4 great saves gave us the win, along with Pele's Header and Diame's deflected shot. As we were walking out of our corner at the end, the fella behind me , grabbed hold of me and pointed at Adrian running over to the two wheelchair bound lads and giving them his gloves.

I may have had a small piece of dirt in my eye after that. Quality touch young man. Please stay as long as you like sunshine.

Top lad.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

PLEASE West Ham tie this one down long term - give him a longer contract with a huge sell on clause etc etc as he is our most prized possession at the moment - let's try and keep him for as long as we can - he clearly loves the club - DO IT NOW
Big C

Post by Big C »

http://www.cultzeros.co.uk/product/2079 ... am-united/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get on it.
MK HAMMER
Location: Believe in me, cos I dont believe in anything and I wanna be someone to believe, to believe in.
Total likes: 1 like

Post by MK HAMMER »

Big C wrote:http://www.cultzeros.co.uk/product/2079 ... am-united/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get on it.
''Sometimes, only A San Miguel, will do!"
Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

Makes me realise how much we overrated Green. Adrian seems to be a fantastic keeper.

Only when Green left us i realised what a average or even below average keeper he is. Adrian is much better than him.
Brian Fantana

Post by Brian Fantana »

He is going to become a Westham legend if he continues like this.. I really like the guy and his passion, He also seems quite humbled by the fact we have taken to him so well and from his comments appears to love the fans ,club and his team mates..

Welcome aboard Adrian .. Your part of the family now my son :wink:
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Faubert's Boot wrote:Makes me realise how much we overrated Green. Adrian seems to be a fantastic keeper.

Only when Green left us i realised what a average or even below average keeper he is. Adrian is much better than him.
:eh: Green was great for us. No way we got promoted in Sam's first season without him being a cut above the Championship. We won so many games by a solitary goal where Green was the hero. Not forgetting all the years of heroics before when he was mustard for us. He had a good relationship with the fans as well.

Do love Adrian though!
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

hawkins_hammer wrote:Green was great for us. No way we got promoted in Sam's first season without him being a cut above the Championship. We won so many games by a solitary goal where Green was the hero. Not forgetting all the years of heroics before when he was mustard for us. He had a good relationship with the fans as well.

Do love Adrian though!
Agree with that. Green had spells when I fancied him to save everything.

Adrian looks a top keeper though. Waited for his chance and has now grabbed it.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Green never commanded his area, was great at reaction saves, but shaky for crosses and freekicks.
And his kicking was useless. Jussi similar, slightly better kicking as Green, great reaction saves, but terrible when facing freekicks (remember him down on one knee in the corner watching balls sailing past him ?).

Adrian for now looks like a complete package and he seems to be a great person and dressing room character too. Should be our goalkeeper for years to come.
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

I have noticed how a lot of players go to him at the end of the game for big hugs, not manly hand shakes. Big Hugs.

One player (I think it was Noble) jumped into his arms and wrapped his legs around him.

He seems to be a popular chap in the changing room
Faliraki Hammer
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faliraki Hammer »

Rob Green was an outstanding keeper.

Adrian is quality too.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Faliraki Hammer wrote:Rob Green was an outstanding keeper.
:shock:
fredjstanley

Post by fredjstanley »

Green was top notch for us for a number of years. Agree that he wasn't the best in regards of commanding his area but his shot stopping was excellent and he was always consistent for us. Wouldn't have got promoted with another keeper i.e Jussi in goal, Green was the best keeper in the Championship by a country mile that season. With regards to Adrian, love the bloke!
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 354 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Green was also outstanding during the "great escape" season
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

HamburgHammer wrote:Green never commanded his area, was great at reaction saves, but shaky for crosses and freekicks.
Agreed. But in Green's defence, he didn't have a Collins or Reid in front of him, or Nolan further up the pitch. Green had our captain of the time, Upson.
jammys78
Total likes: 1 like

Post by jammys78 »

I can see him becoming a cult hero just like Mr Miklosko!
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

the celestial insect wrote:
Agreed. But in Green's defence, he didn't have a Collins or Reid in front of him, or Nolan further up the pitch. Green had our captain of the time, Upson.
(during his worst patches, I mean)