Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Chip Korea

Re: Adrián San Miguel del Castillo

Post by Chip Korea »

Aceface wrote:Regardless of whether he was good enough to be a permanent number one or not, it shows genuinely good sporting character to never, as far as I can remember, publicly discuss any dissatisfaction despite spending long spells behind a creaking geriatric like late-period Jaaskelainen, a clear Championship-level player in Randolph, and a *loan* for a busted flush like Hart.

All of whom – despite their abilities earlier in their careers – he was unquestionably better than at the time they were playing ahead of him.
this x 10
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

Bang on, chuffed for Adrian. Absolutely understand why we parted company, but it was on good terms and I’m pleased he’s a winner with Liverpool, my only worry is that he’ll forget his time with us and end up a Scouse folk hero rather than an East End character.

We’ll always have the Everton penalty!
aaronhammer
Has liked: 175 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Loved Adrian and so pleased he’s got a taste of success which avoided him whilst he was a Hammer.

I remember realising we had somebody who got us from Tottenham away in his first season - in both games. When we played them and won 3-0, Adrian was on the bench and had only played 2 games against Cheltenham and Cardiff in the league cup. At the end of the game, he was there celebrating with the players and fans, potentially he might have even run down to celebrate a goal celebration (I have hazy memories from that day with the beers after). We then went back in the cup and this time he was playing but again you could see he knew how much it meant to us. In a day and age of mercenaries he is somebody who really seemed to care.
WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3195 likes

Post by WCpete »

He's a good boy.
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

the pink palermo wrote:I'm not sure Adrian is a great keeper, but he's paid his dues, who could begrudge him his day , or two, in the sun.
richneal wrote:My biggest sleep-depriving anxiety is that with Van Dyke in front of him he'll turn out like Pat Jennings did for Spurs when L'Arse thought he should be heading for the knackers yard.
Oh good, after last night's performance it's clear that Adrian is doing his best to leave me with sleep deprivation and anxiety.
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Absolutely chuffed for Adrian tonight. I have no love for the Scousers but I just love the guy. Top man and one of football's nice guys. Always remember him posting photos of when his Grampa came to see him play for us.
Gutted he left but I wish him all the best in his future career which hasn't got off to a bad start to be honest.
Congratulations Adrian.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

well done Adrian and I hope he does well for them. be nice to see him return to stratford and for him to get a great ovation before we beat them of course !

good keeper and better than the two that have come in to replace him !
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2615 likes
Total likes: 938 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Another one pleased for Adrian, well deserved.
e17
Has liked: 291 likes
Total likes: 975 likes

Post by e17 »

Says a lot about the bloke that he’ll get to come back here, despite winning medals for the scousers, and not only get a round of applause, but one day when he’s retired, have every kid & their Mum & Dad want a photo when he visits.

In 5 years time, Arnautovic will look back on his career, realise the only mate he’s got left is his brother, and wish he was Adrian.

Karma.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

So happy for the man , well done , Adrian . :thup:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Good luck to him, shame he's helping them out though.
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Post by S-H »

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Really happy for Adrian.

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

It's basically a friendly cup.

If you're looking back on this at the end of your career, as a highlight, well, pretty miserable career.

The only prestige in having that medal is if you were part of the team that helped qualify for it by winning something legit the previous season.

I hope Adrian has favourable career highlights with us than the bloody Super Cup. I'd say that FA Cup win vs Everton is more valuable by 10x.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 522 likes
Total likes: 1317 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

fjthegrey wrote:It's basically a friendly cup.

If you're looking back on this at the end of your career, as a highlight, well, pretty miserable career.

The only prestige in having that medal is if you were part of the team that helped qualify for it by winning something legit the previous season.

I hope Adrian has favourable career highlights with us than the bloody Super Cup. I'd say that FA Cup win vs Everton is more valuable by 10x.
I'd say you're looking at this situation with incredible thick claret and blue-tinted glasses. He's just saved the winning penalty in a match between the Champions League winners, and Europa League winners - in his first full start for a new club. I'd imagine that will be the highlight of his entire career and rightly so.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Also qualifies Liverpool for the Club World Cup in December so a chance to win another trophy.
old fart
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by old fart »

sanchoz wrote:Also qualifies Liverpool for the Club World Cup in December so a chance to win another trophy.
Perhaps if Adrian plays and Liverpool win, being part of the team that qualified will make it more of a legitimate medal in some people's eyes
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Like a few others who have gone before him ADRIAN will always Remain a HAMMER in my eyes, I never heard him say one bad word about the club, he was always friendly, and I wish him the Very Best at Liverpool, they have a busy season ahead and he will get chances, sadly he did not get with us, even when our ex City keeper was not at his best.
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

Good on the lad, anything he achieves he's more than earned in my eyes. As a professional player you don't get many chances to win things, let alone be the pivotal player. Nice to see one of the sport's good guys getting the rub of the green.
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

Happy for Adrian , he seems like a really good bloke.

Thought he was going to take his gloves off ala everton but he didnt !! :crest: