Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Colours never run »

Who gives a f***. I'm there to watch Football and fighting. Everything else can wait for 90 mins.
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

If this complete clusterfcuk of a migration didn't hurt our club in the long run (after Brady and G&S are long gone) it would be clucking hilarious.
Broomfield Hammer
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy.
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Broomfield Hammer »

upthehammers wrote:don't worry lads - it was a simple question re wi-fi

i'd like the opportunity to ring / text a mate at half time or try to view other scores...

my phone essentially bricks as soon as i step anywhere near the stadium

if your phone works lucky you! mine doesnt (O2) and for this reason the operators said wi fi would be installed. clearly they've got other **** to worry about first!
I wouldn't expect much better with the WiFi with thousands of people trying to connect.
simonwebb

Re: 12 months too early!!!

Post by simonwebb »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
simonwebb

Post by simonwebb »

Nice to be censored because the point i was making does not go with the cosy little viewpoint because i assume you say Asain that must be racist ...
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Deleted as no longer relevant.
simonwebb

Post by simonwebb »

The point I was making which clearly the moderator disagrees with and then looking for an excuse to remove.

it is this ...The Olympic stadium is our home ground nothing is going to change. All the complaining in the world about what non experts on here perceive as Health and safety issues, or singing sections, standing sections, food prices, or the walk to the ground, the list is endless and getting very boring. The world moves on. The stadium has the relevant certificates and thats where west ham play home games.

All of us have to stop complaining and giving fuel to the media to slag the club off again and again. The chelsea game is a perfect example I went, i saw nothing really happened but in the context of 'so called' fans going on radio talkshows and banging on about what they think is wrong and how they think it could be much better. Has the consequence of two full days where the media has not stopped on about it even a member of parliament suggesting playing behind closed doors and kicking west ham out of the stadium.

The point i was making before censored is that the past looks very rosy but the reality is not always how people think it was or worse they believe folk law when they personally never experienced it themselves. I do not appreciate being accuse of racist slurs when no such slur existed this is meant to be a forum where debate happens and not all are as loud as the minority shouting loudly 'oh i wish it was like it was'.

I was speaking up for the rest who are not complaining and go to watch West Ham until the final whistle basically wherever they played. Its getting very boring. Do you want this move to become like the Bond scheme create discontent and that translates to the pitch and we get relegated... I know i do not so put a sock in it lads and enjoy the good points and stop looking for things to complain about.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

I naturally assume then you have never complained or raised any questions or concerns about any service or product you have used throughout your whole lifetime, ever?
simonwebb

Post by simonwebb »

sanchoz wrote:I naturally assume then you have never complained or raised any questions or concerns about any service or product you have used throughout your whole lifetime, ever?

Your going to a football match to watch the game to jump up when we score in the last minute... the product and the service ??? really ? WTF
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Missed the point completely but never mind.
Kialos
Has liked: 1548 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Having been a building manager in the past I've been on several H&S courses simonwebb, as will have others on this thread.

There are clearly issues on segregation and have been from the first day so no, let's not just move on because you don't like to see bad things written about the club.

You might find it very boring, others don't. You complain about your comments being "censored" and at the same time tell others to "put a sock in it"

Your earlier post was moderated because you failed to abide by the forum rules. We all have to abide by the rules on this forum, even you.

To cap it off you then trumpet "I was speaking up for the rest who are not complaining........." No you speak for yourself and no one else, just like everyone else on here.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

I'm worrying about Militaryhammer, what with his piss being boiled and his **** gripped.
simonwebb

Post by simonwebb »

Kialos wrote:Having been a building manager in the past I've been on several H&S courses simonwebb, as will have others on this thread.

There are clearly issues on segregation and have been from the first day so no, let's not just move on because you don't like to see bad things written about the club.

You might find it very boring, others don't. You complain about your comments being "censored" and at the same time tell others to "put a sock in it"

Your earlier post was moderated because you failed to abide by the forum rules. We all have to abide by the rules on this forum, even you.

To cap it off you then trumpet "I was speaking up for the rest who are not complaining........." No you speak for yourself and no one else, just like everyone else on here.

So i suggest you continue on your mission ramp up the complaints and see where it gets you ....Nothing will change and you are dragging our club through the mud... As an expert on Health and safety via being a Building manager write to the stadium operators rather than on here (i bet you get no where)

It is interesting how you ignore my main point about the media having a field day. You are stoking the fire and if you continue to stoke that fire. We will be on a run away train and god knows where that journey will end??? Do you want us to play behind closed doors and be kicked out as tenants, maybe to move back to Upton Park, Or god knows what ???

Your complaints are enabling the idiot minority to feel its only rented and not our home so who care lets kick off. West Ham fans fighting with west ham fan REALLY? health and safety is a good excuse to vent, wrapped up in nostalgia. It is what it is.. It is not upton park but that is history.

The media will and are having a field day. They are anti the move because of legacy and never wanted a dirty football club in the Olympic Stadium and will love you making issues. Look at Wednesday night and media coverage. Nothing really about the game just all the issues you pretend exist. Members of parliament wanting behind closed doors, kick them out of the stadium, people over reacting minutes after the game holding coins and saying someone will be killed unless that stadium is closed for ever to west ham. Once you give copy to the press they will run with it and a bandwagon I can see developing will be out of control, basically the tevez affair all over again. So continue with your complaints because I will promise you it will end badly. Your complaints will only hurt West ham and I would hope thats not your intention.

You talk as if you are the majority, there are fans and season ticket holders who agree with me and the viewpoint that Its now our home ground lets make the best of it because we want our hammers to win every game and i hope like me you would prefer this bandwagon to stop before it gets worse.

I was attempting to ask people to stop picking faults. If you were anti the move from the very start and now causing a self fulling agenda to say "i told you so' is not good of the football club. Asking people to put a sock in it because enough is enough is nothing like censorship because i put an alternative view. That view is put because i am very concerned about the media bandwagon i am observing.

Fighting between ourselves is without doubt transmitting itself to the players and creating a toxic atmosphere. I am saying sit watch the game scream shout sing create an atmosphere that makes it home rather than how you dreamt it might be ... Just like wednesday night without the plastic clowns on both sides giving it large for 5 minutes in the second half. It is now our stadium, our home ground, accept it, be proud of it, and support the team. You say the forum has rules, well the stadium has rules as well. If one of those rules is sit down. Then park your back side on the seat and watch the game. If you act like a normal human watch the match get excited and walk out then no health and safety issues exist. I do wonder reading your response what it is you actually want to happen ? No one of influence is listening to you. So continue to complain to a brick wall, fuel the media and the developing bandwagon and lets see where that takes us. I personally dread that strategy.
Diogenes
Has liked: 475 likes
Total likes: 1199 likes

Post by Diogenes »

I for one agree with you Simon. But you know you are wasting your breath.
cocoon
Location: sarth london...Im gonna walk down to electric Avenue..then Im gonna get mugged..Oi

Post by cocoon »

Jesus doubt you be out tonight for a few beers
upthehammers

Post by upthehammers »

So back to my question about wifi ... :P
simonwebb

Post by simonwebb »

upthehammers wrote:So back to my question about wifi ... :P
I agree back on subject I was disgusted. I had no wifi on wednesday and could not get my pie and popcorn served to my seat ... Sack the board it was not like that at Upton Park always had full internet and the popcorn tasted better.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Strewth mate, you ain't doing bad yourself.

Complaints about moderation, being accused of racism, hooligans, standees, complainers, the nostalgic, the stadium operators, Parliament and the media all on one page.

Keep it up and you can join the rest of us living in 1980.
sharphammer

Post by sharphammer »

Someone's got too much time on their hands

Have a drink for f*** sake
upthehammers

Post by upthehammers »

sharphammer wrote:Someone's got too much time on their hands

Have a drink for **** sake
Correct - it's half term remember.