Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Dwight1970 »

The London Stadium is an events venue that we stage a home football matches in the same way that in a few weeks Saracens will be holding a rugby game in, it is not our home we no longer have one since we sold the one we had.

It is not ours, in the same way you can hire the local church hall for your weekly Slimming World club and yes put up a few posters it still belongs to the church and it is their rules you play by not Slimming World's.

Today we saw that those running the stadium having limited experience of a football crowd so had little sense of what might happen but in a funny way it might not really be their problem because any punishment will probably come West Ham's way from the authorities but it is worrying that things are still going to get worse before they get better.

The more things happen at the stadium the more you realise what a poor deal it is for all the parties involved apart from a few individuals.
Graza

Post by Graza »

Dwight1970 wrote: Today we saw that those running the stadium having limited experience of a football crowd so had little sense of what might happen but in a funny way it might not really be their problem because any punishment will probably come West Ham's way from the authorities but it is worrying that things are still going to get worse before they get better.
I would laugh myself into a hernia if we had a clause in our contract that let us pass the fine on as it was all due to inadequate crowd control which is their responsibility.
Dwight1970

Post by Dwight1970 »

Graza wrote: I would laugh myself into a hernia if we had a clause in our contract that let us pass the fine on as it was all due to inadequate crowd control which is their responsibility.
What would be interesting if like any tenants who misbehave and cause problems to their landlords we could possibly find ourselves threatened with eviction?
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

What would be interesting if like any tenants who misbehave and cause problems to their landlords we could possibly find ourselves threatened with eviction?[/quote]

Was thinking this, remember this is supposed to be the “Olympic legacy”. There’s no question for me there would be a tipping point if this carries on.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Dwight1970 wrote:The London Stadium is an events venue that we stage a home football matches in the same way that in a few weeks Saracens will be holding a rugby game in, it is not our home we no longer have one since we sold the one we had.

It is not ours, in the same way you can hire the local church hall for your weekly Slimming World club and yes put up a few posters it still belongs to the church and it is their rules you play by not Slimming World's.

Today we saw that those running the stadium having limited experience of a football crowd so had little sense of what might happen but in a funny way it might not really be their problem because any punishment will probably come West Ham's way from the authorities but it is worrying that things are still going to get worse before they get better.

The more things happen at the stadium the more you realise what a poor deal it is for all the parties involved apart from a few individuals.

The only solution really is moving out and starting again ain't it? I just can't see how this can continue for 1 more game, let alone another 98 God forsaken years... :shock:
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

"West Ham United have immediately launched a full and thorough investigation into the incidents which marred the second half of today's match and are committed to taking decisive and appropriate action".

Sell up sharpish, would be decisive and appropriate enough.
Graza

Post by Graza »

Dwight1970 wrote:
What would be interesting if like any tenants who misbehave and cause problems to their landlords we could possibly find ourselves threatened with eviction?
They are already shifting blame! https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-12166305" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll see if we can get a pitch down hackney marshes for the Southampton visit :scarfer:
marshboy

Post by marshboy »

genuine question ,if there was a fine for the pitch invaders who pays it ,the club or the stadium owners as it was their pitch invaded
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

marshboy wrote:genuine question ,if there was a fine for the pitch invaders who pays it ,the club or the stadium owners as it was their pitch invaded
That is a good question, marchboy.
DS is already trying the throw the stadium owners/operators under the bus!
east_ham

the stewarding of LS

Post by east_ham »

Hi

I am trying to follow all the threads about the incident(s) yesterday , and stewarding keeps coming up.

Why are they so bad , what have (have they not) done ?

I am genuinely confused to this situation , anyone care to explain please.

Thanks

J
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Re: the stewarding of LS

Post by West Ham Matt »

Do you work for the club ? Comes across that way :lol:
The Big Show

Post by The Big Show »

Get yourself along to a game mate.
Oldammer

Post by Oldammer »

Are you dealing wih the architects re: the retractable seats aswell?

F**k me, you've got a busy week ahead!
east_ham

Post by east_ham »

1- No I don't work for the club. How do you surmise that ?
2- I cant get to games as I have other responsibilities and things I need to do on a weekend ala family. (I work away from London during week , and weekends are kids and domestic stuff). You may regard me as plastic , so be it.

My original question stands as a genuine question too , what is situation with the stewarding please.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Do one pal you are a plant.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Please go away
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

LS employee or journalist! Either way do one mate
Dwight1970

Post by Dwight1970 »

It would be illogical for the stadium operators to be fined by the football authorities but whether we would be in a position to recoup any money we paid out is probably a matter for the contract and courts, to be honest as I said before surely there would be grounds to have us evicted if we become a disruptive tenant.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Built on toxic waste. Fuelling a toxic atmosphere.
xerxes

Post by xerxes »

It would be the club who were fined. Not the stadium operators.

Out of over 50,000 people, only four went n the pitch, a bit of perspective is required here.