Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Samba

Re: Taxi for Karren ? Is one due ?

Post by Samba » Tue May 07, 2019 2:48 am

S-H wrote:She's a ****
Is it, sort?

bristolhammerfc

Post by bristolhammerfc » Sat May 11, 2019 9:53 am

She takes the piss.

"Owning a new stadium and defying the unwritten rule that clubs must refresh in transfer windows, Spurs stand ready on June 1 in Madrid to make club history.

Confirmation that we have the best league in the world comes with two London sides in the Europa Cup final making it a unique English monopoly of the continent’s two competitions.

United, meanwhile, having spent £500m on evidence from a 12-strong scouting team replete with a chief scout and, straight out of a world domination movie, a head of global scouting, finished a humbling sixth.

Plenty of lessons there, then."

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Post by Colours never run » Sat May 11, 2019 10:03 am

bristolhammerfc wrote:
Plenty of lessons there, then."
The only lesson you should have learnt was to get the hint and **** off.

wildkard

Post by wildkard » Sat May 11, 2019 10:04 am

Love it. She must be doing this deliberately surely? A super troll the likes of which has never been seen before. I honesty didn’t know she had it in her.

bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:15 am

[quote="bristolhammerfc"]She takes the piss.

"Owning a new stadium and defying the unwritten rule that clubs must refresh in transfer windows, Spurs stand ready on June 1 in Madrid to make club history.

Confirmation that we have the best league in the world comes with two London sides in the Europa Cup final making it a unique English monopoly of the continent’s two competitions.

United, meanwhile, having spent £500m on evidence from a 12-strong scouting team replete with a chief scout and, straight out of a world domination movie, a head of global scouting, finished a humbling

Ands what’s any of that got to do with us. It’s like crowing about some mates you went to school with who are now on £200k a year while you’re on £30k living in a council house. I’ve got to put up with 75% of my mates going on European tours in 3 weeks while I’m sat watching on the sofa.I just still don’t really see a clear plan or identity for the club. Even though Spurs are where they are Pochettino is being very clear this is the end of their 1st five year plan and now they need a new one. What’s our five year plan ? We have 14 players +30 at start of next season the most in the league. Apart from a couple of places better off in the table it just doesn’t feel that much different than when we moved to the stadium. You look at wolves and Leicester and you can see exciting young vibrant energy. Maybe I’m being harsh but I just don’t get that feel from us. We have so much potential as a club but to me it feels like this summer will be the usual window hotch potch of frees +30 and a South American punt.

DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock » Sat May 11, 2019 10:18 am

Our 5 year plan could not be more clear:

1. Remain in the Prem.
2. Patiently await E20 Stadium LLP's administration, so it can be bought, along with the stadium, for a song.

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Sat May 11, 2019 10:42 am

DasNutNock wrote:Our 5 year plan could not be more clear:

1. Remain in the Prem.
2. Patiently await E20 Stadium LLP's administration, so it can be bought, along with the stadium, for a song.
3 Piss off the fans as much as we can until they all leave and we can replace them with money spenders, pop corn munchers and tourists

pbenjy

Post by pbenjy » Sat May 11, 2019 10:52 am

Karren Brady wrote:
United, meanwhile, having spent £500m on evidence from a 12-strong scouting team replete with a chief scout and, straight out of a world domination movie, a head of global scouting, finished a humbling sixth.
I don’t remember us spending that much and we’ll finish 9th at best. Is there some other team called ‘United’ that she may be referring to?

pbenjy

Post by pbenjy » Sat May 11, 2019 11:08 am

wildkard wrote:Love it. She must be doing this deliberately surely? A super troll the likes of which has never been seen before. I honesty didn’t know she had it in her.
She is either doing it deliberately or she is as thick as two short planks. I am genuinely unsure which it is.

My only hope is that she does a ‘Danny Baker’ and her inane ramblings end up with her committing a career limiting faux pas.

Condorhammer

Post by Condorhammer » Sat May 11, 2019 11:11 am

pbenjy wrote:My only hope is that she does a ‘Danny Baker’ and her inane ramblings end up with her committing a career ending faux pas.
Corrected a minor error for you mate.

pbenjy

Post by pbenjy » Sat May 11, 2019 11:22 am

Condorhammer wrote:
Corrected a minor error for you mate.
:) thanks.

Hammer.CA

Post by Hammer.CA » Sat May 11, 2019 2:35 pm

Did she happen to mention Liverpool expanding their historic stadium and still spending money each season and reaching 2 European Cup finals in 2 consecutive seasons and challenging for the Premier League title and being in European competition for the last however many years at all?
Any mention of Manchester City moving to a former athletics stadium that is now fit for football?
She's a curse on this club.

Hammer Sandwich

Post by Hammer Sandwich » Sat May 11, 2019 3:04 pm

We don't want you Brady!
We don't want you noooooooo!
We don't want you Brady!
We want you to goooooo!

:scarfer:

8-)

If we cant/dont get this going at Watford we need shooting![/quote]

..................all together now !
Last edited by Hammer Sandwich on Sat May 11, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pezza20

Post by pezza20 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:10 pm

She is doing a splendid job, well paid for what she does and she is very professional at it.

She managed to hoodwink us the fans into moving grounds

She got the deal of the century with a cheap ground

She ensures the chuckle brothers continue to rape the club with high interest loans and taking money out of the club.

Managed to encourage day trippers to ruin the atmosphere, keeping signing sections way dow the list of priorities and trying to rid the club if its heritage of working men's roots. Preferring the sandwich brigade and a sterile atmosphere.

She pretends to involve the fans but in truth plants fans into groups, sends spies to rival groups meetings to gather intel and use in her own little warped world.

She pulls in a monstrous salary whilst spending probably a few days a week doing the job she is paid for - most CEO's spend 7 days a week at their companies.

Well done Karen ... great job you have done for real fans

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat May 11, 2019 3:49 pm

She thinks Spurs have somehow benefitted from not spending money?? If they invest, they will probably be 10+ points better off.

They've done very well because of their Chairman, Manager and the VALUE of the squad NOT what they cost. You don't need a £100m striker when one came through your youth team Karren...

BalaamBoy

Post by BalaamBoy » Fri May 17, 2019 10:05 am

I can't seem to escape her at the moment!

The company I work for signed up to the 'Valuable 500' initiative, which is a good programme aimed at enhancing the work opportunities for the disabled.

On the same page are all the logos of companies that have signed up, including, would you believe, West Ham United, sponsored by guess who? KB.

Whilst I applaud the club's commitment to providing equal opportunities, it did make me chuckle a little cynically to myself about how far the club is willing to extend it - :)

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Fri May 17, 2019 12:07 pm

pezza20 wrote:She managed to hoodwink us the fans into moving grounds
Not convinced attempting to deceive an entire fanbase was her/the Board's smartest move. I mean, she'll never be allowed to forget it as long as she remains in her current post and history will record her as a liar ('greatest migration/retractable seating et al).

RichieRiv

Post by RichieRiv » Fri May 17, 2019 12:18 pm

As I said to Terry Brown once, we have long memories and don't often forgive.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Fri May 17, 2019 12:20 pm

Up the Junction wrote: Not convinced attempting to deceive an entire fanbase was her/the Board's smartest move. I mean, she'll never be allowed to forget it as long as she remains in her current post and history will record her as a liar ('greatest migration/retractable seating et al).
Those who suck up to her (like anyone who brags about having her number on speed dial), do anything they can to try and curry favour & patronage and those who attempt to do her bidding against individual fans and websites will also not be judged too kindly by history.

Tross
The bard of East London

Post by Tross » Fri May 17, 2019 2:20 pm

And yet she continues to reign. . .

She continues to sanction initiatives with organisations like socios, stands up quasi autonomous groups like the OSB, reneges on the commitments she made, awarding herself huge pay rises while sanitising the matchday experience . . . she's laughing in the faces of West Ham fans everywhere.

I have to pinch myself sometimes that I'm not dreaming as like lambs to the slaughter we continue to endure her as the custodian of our great club in what resembles a state of Orwellian dystopia.

Tross
8-)