Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2894 likes
Total likes: 618 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by Hammer.CA »

Most probably even more in the South.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Alfiehammer wrote:So building a wall seems a clear case of 'after the horse has bolted'
the funny thing is, there are already walls on parts of that border Image
Aceface
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

Jota would be good fun. Hope we sign him.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Tigres tweeting pictures of Enner Valencia having his medical.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Same official Twitter page saying he's there for talks:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1676 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote:So we've gone from talking a big game and chasing Giroud, Iheanacho, Batshuayi, Chicharito...

To getting "excited" about the thought of signing Jota, Alex Plea, and Andre Gray.

...typical window, then.
None of those names were going to happen.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I just want an improvement over what we had last year. I don't have big expectations of big name superstars. A lot of the more recent names mentioned would still vastly improve us from having Valencia and calleri!
hammernsickle
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by hammernsickle »

Was just typing the same thing Burnley.

It doesn't matter if the players are glamorous or well known, it only matters if they improve us. Jota is a good passer of the ball and knows where the back of the net is. That can't be bad for us, can it? Improving our possession and scoring conversion ratios will make us much stronger, as they are areas we struggle with right now.

Him and Andre Gray, as unfashionable as he is, would help us. Gray is rapid and would stretch defenses, giving Lanzini and Jota the ability to pass the ball in space and build attacks. Not big name, sexy players, but could be an upgrade on our current plan: lumping it to Andy Carroll's perpetually bruised cranium.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Burnley Hammer wrote:I just want an improvement over what we had last year. I don't have big expectations of big name superstars. A lot of the more recent names mentioned would still vastly improve us from having Valencia and calleri!
the downside of your argument is that championship level players would be better than what we had last year.

so no, i wouldn't be happy with just someone who's better than what we had last year.
i'd like someone that could at least challenge for the starting 11 when all players are fit.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

So we're after an attacking midfielder. Seeing as we've spent literally f**k all and yet in theory should be looking to push on you'd think that we'd test the water with Gylfi, but then there's this bloke at Brentford.........cheap, always cheap.
HammerInMaryland

Post by HammerInMaryland »

Hammer.CA wrote:
Do you know anything about Gianmarco Zigoni who was SPAL last year? I was just reading about him, I know he's been recalled to Milan.
10 goals in 36 Serie B games. 26 years old. Seems a stretch and wondering why Milan would recall him other than to sell him cheaply to a Serie B side. He is only rated at 900,000 euros.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

But we could have got minor upgrades spending not much at the Boleyn.
A large number of fans backed the move because of the promised next level signings
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

Burnley Hammer wrote:I just want an improvement over what we had last year. I don't have big expectations of big name superstars. A lot of the more recent names mentioned would still vastly improve us from having Valencia and calleri!
Yep, we have tried "want" now it is time for "need". There are plenty of players out there who could do a job for us, wouldn't cost the earth (enabling us to spend in other areas?) and who knows some of them may even be proud to play for us rather than it being about a pay cheque!
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Ben wrote:But we could have got minor upgrades spending not much at the Boleyn.
A large number of fans backed the move because of the promised next level signings
Yep I was banging that drum last season but we now know that was bull**** and we were conned out of our home we just have to get on with it unless anyone fancies mass protests to try and force them to sell up
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Post by Bury Me @ The Boleyn »

Alfiehammer wrote:So building a wall seems a clear case of 'after the horse has bolted'
The wall is the single biggest waste of money I've ever seen. It'll cost billions and do nothing at all.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Ben wrote:But we could have got minor upgrades spending not much at the Boleyn.
I think you're on to something there. Perhaps naively, we were sold this vision that it's going to be okay to get rid of our home for 100+ and one of the best footballing stadiums because by going to the Olympic Stadium we're going to bring in some great players. I guess Payet made it seem a bit more realistic. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just not being able to attract players but it's not, it's the owners failing to invest what they need to. I miss the Boleyn more and more as time goes on, which is sad because the new stadium should have been cause for optimism.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Bury Me @ The Boleyn wrote:The wall is the single biggest waste of money I've ever seen. It'll cost billions and do nothing at all.
I don't know, it did quite a good job of keeping the white walkers out.
Last edited by Hayden on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jinxed

Post by Jinxed »

Jumby wrote:So we're after an attacking midfielder. Seeing as we've spent literally f**k all and yet in theory should be looking to push on you'd think that we'd test the water with Gylfi, but then there's this bloke at Brentford.........cheap, always cheap.
Arnautovic
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

EastleighHammer16 wrote: None of those names were going to happen.
According to literally everyone under the sun we had Iheanacho in the bag only yesterday.
Bury Me @ The Boleyn

Jinxed wrote: Arnautovic
Is it done finally?