Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by djclipz »

He is ruining Robert Snodgrass's day.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

norse wrote:
Unpopular opinon alert:

I really liked Ashton and it's terrible what happened to his career, but he played 56 games and scored 19 goals in five seasons for the club. So he really didn't set the world on fire for us regardless of the reason for this and his obvious talent. If he was decent then surely on the same basis Carroll was as well
Mate, usually respect your posts but that's not the Ashton I remember. The bloke was so much more than just goals, it was his all round game and influence on the pitch. He really was the real deal and showed it early on in his very promising WHU career before injury soon paid to that.

Anyways, back to Marko Imoutofhere....
norse
Has liked: 379 likes
Total likes: 835 likes

Post by norse »

I do agree, as I said I like him very much - but it's just typical for our striker curse isn't it.

Objectively £20m is too low for a player like Arnautovic, and we all would like to see him go for more, however given the situation (we knew this would happen, he did it to Stoke to get a move to us for one) I think it's best to just get it overwith before he returnes to preseason training. Can't imagine he'll any positive effect on the group of players.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Hammer1972 wrote:My feeling is that he loves the club and wants to stay. It's not about the money. He feels he needs to leave because of a lack of ambition and broken promises from the owners.

Or he might just be a twat.
I'd go with both 1972. :wink:
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

Off you go and take that idiot brother with you Sir Sulkalot.
smuts
Has liked: 1534 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

Has anyone checked in on Al Fisti?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

smuts wrote:Has anyone checked in on Al Fisti?
Last I heard he put in for a transfer request to a Chinese Forum - SellMiNow.com.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

So he hasn’t handed in a transfer request but the club has had an offer from China?
Patito

Post by Patito »

Ozza wrote:So he hasn’t handed in a transfer request but the club has had an offer from China?
That seems to be what's happening.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Football is just a job for Arnie, so if he can get more money elsewhere then fair play to him, I don’t have a problem with that. He’s not a West Ham fan, nor will he ever probably feel at home in London or Essex. Football is also so media-orientated these days; the club would have instigated his “staying” video and quite frankly, anyone who believed his message in the video was genuine is just naive. Players have all the power and will kick up a stink when they want a new contract or want to move on. Clubs are just as bad as players though; we’ve sold players in the past who haven’t wanted to leave and had settled in the club / area. Football is just a ruthless sport / business and we as fans should try not to let it get to us too much.
Last edited by HammerAl on Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

:thup: ouch (re some posts on here)
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

It’s just a job for most of them, remember reading an interview with Bobby Z and that’s exactly how he saw it.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

norse wrote:
Unpopular opinon alert:

I really liked Ashton and it's terrible what happened to his career, but he played 56 games and scored 19 goals in five seasons for the club. So he really didn't set the world on fire for us regardless of the reason for this and his obvious talent. If he was decent then surely on the same basis Carroll was as well
Totally see your point. And out of those 5 seasons, he didn’t play a single league game in 2 whole seasons. In another he played only 4, and in another played 12 times. Trouble is, I think that IF he’s have played then he could well have been 20 goals a season. You could very well say the same about Carroll.

As for Arnie, sooner he goes the better, £25m and thanks very much. It’d be worth double that to the club to actually get him and his poisonous little irk of a brother out of the way
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Ozza wrote:It’s just a job for most of them, remember reading an interview with Bobby Z and that’s exactly how he saw it.
Yeah 100%. There are many, many players out there who don’t enjoy playing football one bit, but they do it because they’re are good at it and it just so happens they get paid good money in the process. Many different personalities, egos and motivations in our game. Arnie is in it for the money and he will try and get as much as he can when he can.
Colours never run

£25m, it's Payet all over again and why we now seem to have a bit of a soft touch reputation just for simply getting them off the books in a hurry. Ironically what we should have done was take more of a realistic fee for him in January (£40m) that wasn't around what we paid for him, yet some appear desperate to get rid now for what we paid for him.

To think if we actually got closer to the fees we would normally demand for such talents as Payet and Arnautovic, it would amount closer to double what we are asking for them now.
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

Off he ****'s for me if it’s all true! Not for that money but back at what it was before. Use that and what is already in the kitty for two PROPER strikers. Which is something Arnautovic still isn’t (a striker).
Pocket Pardew
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pocket Pardew »

I feel partially responsible as last night I selected him for my fantasy league team. This happens to me all the time and I swear I’m cursed. I’m taking him out and replacing with Harry Kane. Fingers crossed he will now tear something important and miss the season.
mattyD
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 342 likes

Post by mattyD »

Colours never run wrote:£25m, it's Payet all over again and why we now seem to have a bit of a soft touch reputation just for simply getting them off the books in a hurry. Ironically what we should have done was take more of a realistic fee for him in January (£40m) that wasn't around what we paid for him, yet some appear desperate to get rid now for what we paid for him.

To think if we actually got closer to the fees we would normally demand for such talents as Payet and Arnautovic, it would amount closer to double what we are asking for them now.
We absolutely were not offered £40m for him. I think probably the same as they have offered now. All in all if he really wants to go then he will.
Colours never run

Hmm I see, thought it was reported there was a £35m bid by a Chinese Club put on the table plus add ons around the time. Maybe just paper talk then.
mushy
Has liked: 654 likes
Total likes: 879 likes

Post by mushy »

Ozza wrote:It’s just a job for most of them, remember reading an interview with Bobby Z and that’s exactly how he saw it.
The truth of the matter is that nearly all professional football players these days treat it as just a job.
Fact is some are better at doing their job then others, that's the only difference.
The badge kissing makes me laugh, they couldn't give a **** about the club, the fans or anything else except themselves.
That's football I am afraid.