Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Graza

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by Graza »

Colours never run wrote:[

Hence the swift exit now. Pellegrini must be seething being let down so badly (again!).

Of all the managers to do it too, not just the success he's achieved on the world Club stage, but also as one of the most genuine, decent guys around. I could think of plenty who deserve such treatment more in the game to be treated so cuntishly towards.
Quite.

Perhaps we should take his brothers word for how we are treating him and see if anyone wants to make burgers out of him... Probably not the same £ to lb ratio but I've always thought I'd rather be hung for a wolf than a lamb.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 804 likes
Total likes: 3018 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Buy cheap, buy twice.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Well i suppose you can maybe suggest his goals, assists etc as money back on what we paid over a couple of seasons and you could argue that had we not kept him in january we would have feared a lack of goals which could have seen us relegated? which would have been much more expensive.

I know that sounds like clutching at straws and is most likely statistically incorrect ie we would have stayed up without him being as he didnt score much and was injured, but he's going, it's time to move on and forget about him. I just want more players like antonio, snodgrass and much of the rest of our squad who actually want to play for the shirt.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

I know it would have been better to have got a higher fee but I am not unhappy with how we have dealt with it.

The sulky ****er played up for a money move that didn't happen. He then had to eat a bit of humble pie for a while.

The manager left him out and brought him back in and he contributed to the team.

I stupidly thought he might have listened to some intelligent people and realised what he had here.

He is obviously a prick and played up again and within a week he has gone.

Perfect as far as I am concerned. I don't care if he let the fans down, he let his team mates and manager down and that is unforgivable.

Good riddance - if the decision is down to Pellers, he has gone up even more in my estimation :thup:
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

Glad we're not backing down, get him to f*** and get Gomez in.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

He wasn't the 20 goals a season striker we needed to push us on anyway. Bloke has mental demons I think which is sad. Played a massive part in keeping us up a few seasons ago so not like we didn't get our monies worth.
goa127
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

He never quite replicated his form that we saw under Moyes. For that half a season he was dynamite, but we only saw flashes of it last year.' Could have been' player, shame but move on bye, bye.
crankyhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by crankyhammer »

I take a small crumb of comfort in the fact that his sleazebag of a brother will miss out on 12.5% of the extra 10 mill had we got rid in January.
The Sherriff
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

He was a **** before he joined us, a **** for his first 10 games in a west ham shirt, a **** for parts of his time for us and will continue to be a **** for the rest of his career.

Hes always played for himself … and somehow his behaviour comes as a surprise to many?

He got an improved contract after trying to push a move through in Jan.

Does pretty much the square sum of f*** after that apart from a few goals against a relegated team and a side preparing for a cup final.

An fans still sung his name …

Club have handled it terribly, its not a case of poor us … we should have got rid in Jan. Not only have we paid his increased wages but we’ve surrendered a kings ransom in transfer.

Good riddance.
Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Supreme »

Having his medical imminently in London ahead of the move to China, Talksport are reporting.

Ciao Marko.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Just a grade A c***. He really is. Nothing more to be said really.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Lets be honest, if we sold him for 30 - 35 mil in January we would have been talking about how we sold him on the cheap.

I'm glad he's going. Get rid.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 804 likes
Total likes: 3018 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

So, in reality he's cost us £2m per season as a kind of loan fee, plus whatever we paid him in wages ?

Could we have gotten a player of his calibre on loan for that amount ? I doubt it.

We haven't made a profit out of him, but we hardly make a profit on many these days.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

the pink palermo wrote:So, in reality he's cost us £2m per season as a kind of loan fee, plus whatever we paid him in wages ?
I don't regret him having been here at all. Even the last few months when he's been a bit mardy, well I take comfort that if not for him we probably wouldn't have seen Antonio's stunning goal and classic celebration, plus having forever the bragging rights of first goal/first win at the New Bluewater.
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

the pink palermo wrote:We haven't made a profit out of him, but we hardly make a profit on many these days.
Not many teams make a profit from a 30 year old, especially when you buy them during their peak years. Obviously there are a few exceptions...yes you Mr Ronaldo. I wonder if we made much money out of the Arnautovic merchandise.
Condorhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Condorhammer »

Couldn't be more pleased the mardy ****'s finally going, and like a fair few others on here maintained that he should have been sold in January.
However I'm slightly concerned that we're going to be very light up front, unless Hussilos can pull a rabbit from his titfer.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

EastBrisHammer wrote:Not many teams make a profit from a 30 year old, especially when you buy them during their peak years. Obviously there are a few exceptions...yes you Mr Ronaldo. I wonder if we made much money out of the Arnautovic merchandise.
I'm not sure anybody makes money out of merchandise - the manufacturer will cop about 90% of any shirt sale. If you say Arnie has had two years with us at a cost of £4m + (78 weeks at £100k) + (26 weeks at £120k) his cost to us is about £14m, I think.

We'd have to sell 140,000,000 shirts, assuming Umbro take the 90% cut, with his name on the back to make that back.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Wasn't expecting him to be quite as good as he ended up.

Glad he got his move, best thing for everyone. Hard to not be tempted by a triple your salary offer for half the work and in reality he owes us nothing and has no real affinity with the club.

Wish him well. Life is too short for grudges. We knew who he was before he joined, no point getting indignant and moody at him now for just being who he always was.
Pob!
Has liked: 1063 likes
Total likes: 695 likes

Post by Pob! »

Is he still here?

Horrible money grabbing spoilt mardy tosser..

:D
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Lil Joe 17 wrote:Lets be honest, if we sold him for 30 - 35 mil in January we would have been talking about how we sold him on the cheap.

I'm glad he's going. Get rid.
No we wouldn't. The bloke and is brother are c****. Once the move fell through I would have banned him from the training ground.