Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by Colours never run »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:Sometimes a player and club, or rather the mentality and spirit of it’s fans are just made for each other. Some players lift the fans and in return there is something elusive, intangible, in the water here for them that raises them above what they previously were. Julian, PDC ....Arnie is simply the latest to have found the place he was absolutely born to be at. And like Paulo, I think he knows it and appreciates it. And that raises him still further.
100%. This is a cast iron fact.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

A maverick who puts a shift in.

I'm sure there is an arrogant, narcissistic part of Arnie that plays for himself, but there is no doubting that he is a team player, his greatest concern is getting the win, he just wants to have fun doing it, which, for me, is just brilliant.

I remember going to watch us at home to Charlton a few months after we signed Paolo. I was still a young teenager and had yet to really see a true maverick in a Hammers shirt. In the second half Paolo got the ball and twisted past a couple, I'll never forget the sound of seats flipping up as everyone got up. We lost 1-0, utter bulls**t, but I went home buzzing that I'd seen a player, live, that got the crowd excited. Arnie has that about him, he gets the ball and you think something is going to happen, that's what you want, entertainment.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I think he's embraced the Club and fanbase in general which he feels relates a lot to his character and what makes him tick as a person. You can see the pride and pleasure he gets from genuinely satisfying our faithful and the joy he feeds off from the fans admiration. There's a definite mutual respect there now that wasn't there when he ****ed up. I've lost count of the amount of times he's replicated the crossed Hammers and pounded the crest with passion.

He loves playing up to the hard man, skillful, stylish image which mirrors exactly what we love to see in a player. Once he quickly sussed we won't tolerate a ****ing idiotic selfish tit that gets himself sent off easily, knowing we won't accept anything less than hard graft, it was the catalyst he needed to please us in the right way.

In a weird way that early sending off for the beginning of his career with us was probably a blessing in disguise as he's done nothing but prove himself in every game 100%, even whilst srill playing for Bilic once that incident happened. You could see the lightbulb switch on in his head that the half hearted displays and daft behaviour couldn't continue. I hope he neber forgets that moment as a constant reminder because both he and us benefit greatly now from it.

Just like Paolo, it looks like Arnautovic has finally found his spiritual 'Home' at our Club.

We are one of those rare Clubs that it's not until you actually play For us, do you fully appreciate how truly special it is. Only us Fans and Players can ever understand that unique feeling.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

Colours never run wrote: In a weird way that early sending off for the beginning of his career with us was probably a blessing in disguise as he's done nothing but prove himself in every game 100%, even whilst srill playing for Bilic once that incident happened.
Really good post, except this part just makes me laugh.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2014 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

BenniBlanco wrote: He is a beast and a snip at £25m
....and worth double that right now, in the current climate.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

He won me over when he sunk that elbow into the Scummer.

Huge player for us now. I get the impression he enjoys being the main man but at the same time we need to get bags more quality around him. Look how much we struggle when he is out of the side. Starting to have the same level of impact on results as Payet did.
BenniBlanco

Post by BenniBlanco »

Smonnie wrote:
I disagree - I wouldn't take any of them over Arnautavic!
That's kinda what I was trying to say :P

Looking forward to seeing Arnautovic, Lanzini, Mario, Antonio and Hernandez
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Football is so fickle

In regards to Arnie

First two months of the season, west ham fans gutted, Stoke ultra smug
Few months later, West Ham fans estatic, Stoke fans gutted

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thr ... tovic-main" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 233 likes
Total likes: 1504 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

As Dan says, it's just ridiculous how 'West Ham' he is. Like he's spent his entire life preparing for us.
Patito

Post by Patito »

fmgod wrote:Football is so fickle

In regards to Arnie

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thr ... tovic-main" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why would we have been smug about spending 20-odd million on him after that Soton game though?
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Imagine if we were still at the Boleyn with Arnie feeing off the energy the old girl produced under the lights.
Al Fisti
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:Sometimes a player and club, or rather the mentality and spirit of it’s fans are just made for each other. Some players lift the fans and in return there is something elusive, intangible, in the water here for them that raises them above what they previously were. Julian, PDC ....Arnie is simply the latest to have found the place he was absolutely born to be at. And like Paulo, I think he knows it and appreciates it. And that raises him still further.
Spot on :thup:
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

fmgod wrote:Football is so fickle

In regards to Arnie

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thr ... tovic-main" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That thread is so horribly familiar, talking about the board's recruitment and replacing class with free/cheap.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5672 likes
Total likes: 3089 likes

Post by MB »

Let's hope all those praising him now don't turn as quickly when he has the inevitable dry spell/elbows someone in the face again.

We build them up...
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

Hammerite wrote:Imagine if we were still at the Boleyn with Arnie feeing off the energy the old girl produced under the lights.
Oh man, don't! What a fantasy.

I wonder if he ever played there?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

He scored against us in Allardyce's last season IIRC.

Him and Nzonzi dominated the game - Cresswell scored with a direct free kick.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2480 likes
Total likes: 2710 likes

Post by sendô »

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but it should be noted that after the game when all the players hot footed it off of the pitch, Arnie hung around, and then moseyed over to the Bobby Moore end of the west stand and gave his boots to someone at the front - I assume a kid.

Seemed like a nice touch.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

goingunderground wrote:
Oh man, don't! What a fantasy.

I wonder if he ever played there?
He did, scored a lovely last minute equaliser :lol:
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

Iirc that was the only goal he scored all season, he also had two disallowed for offside :lol:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

That is true actually, i remember the offsides now you mention it :thup: