Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ironsjh

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by ironsjh »

goa127 wrote:. Andrew Ayew is not Pele.
No, but his dad is :D
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Aceface wrote:He's not actually doing anything differently than he's ever done - he's a finisher and there's nothing to finish. His most famous trait is the stat about never scoring outside the box, and yet we've - collectively - been in the box about half a dozen times in the last 180 minutes.

Every single iota of blame should roll back to the door of whoever signed him whilst simultaneously deciding not to strengthen the midfield supply, or decide to bring in a defensive, crossing-centric manager like Moyes etc. It's the usual lack of joined-up thinking.

It would be like Leicester signing Carroll to chase down the balls over the top from Schmeichel and Mahrez. What's he going do?
:thup: Great analysis.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

He's apparently got to man up and find a more gutsy facial expression.

And, on one level, given his ridiculous wages, that's not really too much to ask, is it?
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

I don’t think it’s a coincidence the club have signed 40 odd strikers and even the better ones we’ve managed to destroy. I can not believe they’ve all been awful players. No idea what we do to them but it’s happened to often to be coincidence.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

It's criminal how under used he's been. Like I've always maintained, if you supply him with anything around the box he will either score or at least make the Keeper work. We were fortunate he came on when he did due to us sustaining an injury.

It just feels to me looking back at their time together at Old Trafford, Moyes has something against having to play him.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5555 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

Colours never run wrote:
It just feels to me looking back at their time together at Old Trafford, Moyes has something against having to play him.
Or he understands his limitations, especially in the formation we seem forced to play due to the midfield problems.

Bilic shoved him out wide so it isn’t just a Moyes issue.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

bubbles500 wrote:I don’t think it’s a coincidence the club have signed 40 odd strikers and even the better ones we’ve managed to destroy. I can not believe they’ve all been awful players. No idea what we do to them but it’s happened to often to be coincidence.
Ilan knew where the net was, at least.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

It is a myth he is no good outside the box. He came on and his first involvement was to receive a pass, break a tackle, beat another man and then pinged the pass of the game over the full back to masuaku.
Then, and this is vwry unusual for a west ham player, he sprinted forward. Nothing came of it, but was good to see a player actually sprinting to get in the box
For the goal, he actually one the initial header (despite being a midget) and then had enough nouse to be in the right place for the finish

Moyes, please give him a run of games until the end of the season and take the burden solely off Arnie and lanzini
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1143 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Did very well today when he came on, both in and outside the box. Looked up for it as well.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:It is a myth he is no good outside the box. He came on and his first involvement was to receive a pass, break a tackle, beat another man and then pinged the pass of the game over the full back to masuaku.
Then, and this is vwry unusual for a west ham player, he sprinted forward. Nothing came of it, but was good to see a player actually sprinting to get in the box
For the goal, he actually one the initial header (despite being a midget) and then had enough nouse to be in the right place for the finish

Moyes, please give him a run of games until the end of the season and take the burden solely off Arnie and lanzini
I agree.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

beyond the goal and the nice run early, one of the more impressive things I saw was on the run of play where Byram's cross went out for a corner late.

Chicharito is at the edge of the box, two men are marking him, and another is between him and the goal.
Somehow by the time Byram gets the ball off, he's unmarked in the perfect position to tap it home if it doesn't go off the defender and out. He's not that fast, he's small, he's not that strong, but he has an amazing ability to get away from a defender into the right space at the right time.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

He looked a bit more up for it today. I think having Arnie up there with him gave him the support he needs.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Apparently David Gold said on Friday that Hernandez would be leaving as he doesn't fit into Moyes plans. He was guest speaker at an event.
Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

Second top scorer for us in the league despite being played in the incorrect position at the start and then having long balls pumped up to him when he plays in the correct position.

Insane to get rid.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5555 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

Faubert's Boot wrote:Second top scorer for us in the league despite being played in the incorrect position at the start and then having long balls pumped up to him when he plays in the correct position.

Insane to get rid.
It wouldn’t be if we could trust the club to use the money on a player who does suit our starting XI.

I imagine the player wants out in a World Cup year too.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:It is a myth he is no good outside the box. He came on and his first involvement was to receive a pass, break a tackle, beat another man and then pinged the pass of the game over the full back to masuaku.

100% Crouchend. I also loved that piece of play where he won the ball back, ran with it and then put it on a six pence from long distancs right in front of me in poor conditions coming on cold.

It's madness to want to sell him. He should be starting games, not coming on for 20 mins here and there.

During the game I mentioned to my mate that when Arnautovic went through and should have shot earlier instead of being too clever trying to cut the ball back inside for a better opportunity only to lose it, that had that been Hernandez a proper Striker instinct he'd have just smacked it and hit the target when he first had the opportunity and then he came on and did just that. No hesitation, just hit the target at the earliest opportunity... goal. That's not to say Arnautovic excellent work of late playing up top but I do still see him as not a natural Striker up top like a Hernandez/Sakho type. I'd srill see Arnautovic as a wide Forward or behind another Striker as a no 10 long term.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

jastons wrote:Apparently David Gold said on Friday that Hernandez would be leaving as he doesn't fit into Moyes plans. He was guest speaker at an event.
Love our owner making statements about what the manager wants that are then contradicted by the manager's own statements the very next day.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

The goal he scored on Saturday is him, not holding the ball up, not plowing through centre halves, not getting his head on the end of deep crosses, its his movement in the box.Centre halves in cant keep up with his movement, play him with Arnie who has the pace and strength and Lanzini who creates space and picks a pass and he will finish the season with over 10 league goals. He gets himself in such good positions and as soon as he has a run of games with Lanzini and Arnie we will see a big difference.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Well if the reports are true and Arnie, Lanzini and Carroll are out, Sakho awol, then let's hope Hernandez seizes this opportunity with both hands, as we will need some goals with them three out
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 467 likes

Post by DrVenk »