Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hxhammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by hxhammer »

BondsoBob wrote:I take all the very valid points made. And there is no doubt he is very talented. But it just goes against the grain with me to capitulate to players demands (especially 19 year olds) all the time.
Amen to that
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Bitter 'n' Twisted wrote:He is about to become more expensive if and when he becomes English all of a sudden. Might as well start his career the way he intends to go on and play for his wallet and not his heart. Don't be surprised if he becomes some Lancastrian club's future captain.
'If and when ' is half the pressure. GSB can do nothing about that, they can , however spend a comparatively small sum of money in order to hang on to one of the best young talents we've had in a few years and who actually would rather stay at the club.
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

Tenbury wrote: 'If and when ' is half the pressure. GSB can do nothing about that, they can , however spend a comparatively small sum of money in order to hang on to one of the best young talents we've had in a few years and who actually would rather stay at the club.
This. All day/week/month/year long.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 364 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Tenbury wrote:
'If and when ' is half the pressure. GSB can do nothing about that, they can , however spend a comparatively small sum of money in order to hang on to one of the best young talents we've had in a few years and who actually would rather stay at the club.
100% agree.

Comparisons by the club with the Oxford situation, and not wanting to go down that route again, are nonsense. Rice has established himself as a vital part of our squad and should be rewarded accordingly.

Oxford had one very good game against Arsenal and kind of fizzled out...
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

I know the guy divides opinion, but i happen to agree with allardyce when he said that most managers think that the very best signing a club can make (when needed) is to give a new improved contract to one of your own when they desrerve it. a) it probably prevents soomeone else getting them cheap b) you know that players knows his surroundings and doesn’t need any settling in time. c) he’s obviously good as he’s getting a better contract.

In summary it’s far quicker and cheaper to pay rice what he’s worth than try and find someone so talented at such a young age for so cheap.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

He came of age tonight.

Majestic is appropriate.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

irving boleyn wrote:He came of age tonight.
He really has. Said elsewhere that despite his age, he played like our elder statesman.

He also seems to be cementing himself as a midfielder rather than a defender.

Great to watch his development :thup:
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

I know it was "only Macclesfield" but what a top performance ....
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

no surprise that a decent manager sees him as a midfielder is it ? keane and o`neill played him there for Ireland and they were two great midfielders who know a thing about the role.

I hope he signs very soon be great to get the win on Saturday and announce rice signing a new 5 year deal as well

sign him up. 30k a week just pay him. shows that if you perform we will pay you. encourages the other youngsters to join us and do well.

oxford is finished at this club. he must be poor if MP chose not to include him in sqyuad last night.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

Tenbury wrote:'If and when ' is half the pressure. GSB can do nothing about that, they can , however spend a comparatively small sum of money in order to hang on to one of the best young talents we've had in a few years and who actually would rather stay at the club.
Indeed and once again will prove they may know the cost of things but they don't know the value of anything.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

logic dictates they will sign him up as otherwise they will lose him for 25m say and then have to buy another player for similar who will be on much higher wages than 30k pw.

so to save money they will give him the contract he wants and deserves !
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Magnificent performance again last night.

They say you can't put an old head on young shoulders but I think Declan has proved you can. :)
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

I wouldnt pay him more than 20k a week at the moment.

Add incentives in the contract say when you start 30times for first team contract will increase to 25k etc.....

I just dont think we should be held to ransom by any player he has the potential to be fantastic but as a club we also need to keep our feet on the ground and be a bit realistic
Longaz
Has liked: 1388 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:I wouldnt pay him more than 20k a week at the moment.

Add incentives in the contract say when you start 30times for first team contract will increase to 25k etc.....

I just dont think we should be held to ransom by any player he has the potential to be fantastic but as a club we also need to keep our feet on the ground and be a bit realistic
I'd say he's fantastic already, he could definitely command more than 20k a week elsewhere so why should he accept that from us?
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

He is the reincarnation of Bobby Moore. I've been telling you this
Adrianisournumber1

Longaz wrote:[

I'd say he's fantastic already, he could definitely command more than 20k a week elsewhere so why should he accept that from us?
Who would pay him that right now plus we probably wouldnt sell for less than 30mill in today market, while he has been a amazing prospect he has also made some mistakes. I think he will be very much like carrick in the long run, but i think its early days so far.
Smudger1
Has liked: 17 likes

Post by Smudger1 »

So we probably wouldn't sell him for less than £30m but shouldn't pay him more than £20K a week, right oh things you learn on here.
Longaz

Post by Longaz »

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:
Who would pay him that right now plus we probably wouldnt sell for less than 30mill in today market, while he has been a amazing prospect he has also made some mistakes. I think he will be very much like carrick in the long run, but i think its early days so far.
In all honesty I think every club in the premiership would be happy to pay him north of 20k a week given the chance, yeah he's made mistakes but who hasn't? I don't get why anyone at west ham - officials or fans would hade a problem giving him 30/40k a week. Do people think he will lose focus/motivation or do people simply think he isn't worth it at the moment. He's keeping Sanchez out the team but ain't worth half he's money? I just don't get it. Forget about he's potential, on current ability alone we couldn't find an alternative to him who would accept anything less than 30k a week contract
Longaz

Post by Longaz »

Smudger1 wrote:So we probably wouldn't sell him for less than £30m but shouldn't pay him more than £20K a week, right oh things you learn on here.
:lol: it's madness
Adrianisournumber1

Smudger1 wrote:So we probably wouldn't sell him for less than £30m but shouldn't pay him more than £20K a week, right oh things you learn on here.
why would you sell a player you see as a potential prospect for less than what you believe his market worth could be, is he a 30mill player right now no he isnt but could he be well yes he clearly can be.

I am not saying he wont be brilliant i expect him to be like i say as good as Carick and Lampard, but i also thought sears was going to be good and we been here before.

Id say the only player we probably let slip that would should have kept after looking promising was Stanislas, we have had so many false dawns of the next academy boy that i think we sometimes over look things and think they are better than they are.

Also he be mad to change countries in fact i think it would tarnish his career if he did it.