Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by GaryP »

daveo wrote:
Sadly some on this forum will never give the Board any credit, whatever they do.
I am one of them. Utter ****ing scumbags of the lowest order. One of the best days in West Ham's history will be when they f*** off and take the lying twunt Brady with them.

"Instrumemtal in signing Rice". He's the bloke that has to sign the cheques. Utter self absorbed ****ing helmet.

Pleased for us and Declan, but it should have been done last summer.
Last edited by GaryP on Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2179 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Delighted by this news. I really am. Watching last night wondering if he's going to slip away.

Assured, almost casual. I'm wondering if many of you are thinking Declan will sort it out back there when there is trouble brewing. Or looking up. Seeing what's on. Making that pass to the flair players. Not that he isn't immensely skilful.

I've seen a few in my time and he has been very consistent

Magic
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1976 likes
Total likes: 1657 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

it's very relevant but perhaps belongs in the GSB etc thread..

the problem that most perceive is that they Axis of Evil can't let it go as to ..

Rice signed..

it's got to be "I was working 24/7 over Christmas Day when all the families are together but we, as philanthropists worked diligently forgetting our families to get this deal done so that you peons can get down on your knees and grovel and thank us and kiss our rings for doing this for you..not us...YOU...so be forever grateful....."

knumbnut twats
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

My guess is the delay has been more about agreeing the exit clauses than how much he’s going to get paid a week.
daveo
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by daveo »

Lil Joe 17 wrote:I dont like the board but often find myself "defending" them because of the vitriol spouted at them at every opportunity.

At the end of the day, they have lied a lot and they've moved us from Upton Park to the Olympic Stadium which naturally causes upset and frustration. They are a bit knobby in that they try to take credit for everything but I think all they want is to be liked (whilst making a tidy profit)

But we've seen people say/imply that they wish they were on the helicopter that the Leicester owner was on etc. And compared to rapists too

At the end of the day we are angry that we are not yet a top 6 side...but we have had two weak attempts at Europe, have the strongest side we have ever had. Have kept a club hero like Noble in our squad, have signed our young starlet to a new long term country and have kept most of our assets. We are in a pretty good space as a club to be honest.
Agree with this. Well said. Thankfully most fans think like we do Joe and get things in proportion. Small minority wish harm to our owners or compare them to criminals. Mystifying to me tbh.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

It’s great he has signed but when City come calling in the next 18 months he will be off.
WCpete
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by WCpete »

It's another 18 months. I'm grateful for that.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Best January signing (even before the window opens).

He has been outstanding :thup:
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2686 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

There'll never be another Bobby Moore but I can't help being reminded of him whenever I see young Declan Rice play , it's his positioning and his reading of the game that makes him such and outstanding player , glad terms have been agreed and let's enjoy watching him play in a West Ham shirt before thinking he'll be playing for anyone else .
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

Fantastic news, well done Declan, its fully deserved..

He is absolute class and conducts himself fantastically well both on and off the pitch.

If he continues to improve like he has done so far we have a top, top player at our club.

Lets hope he does a Nobes and stays with us for his carreer.

Onwards and upwards. :crest:
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1976 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Man U nab Pochettino.

Spurs nab Pelligrini.

Pelligrini swaps Declan for Dier.

Just the thought that it could possibly happen has ruined 2019 already.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 749 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

why spoil things ? rice has signed which is what we have wanted. it is also down to the owners to keep the club moving forward by adding players to the squad as well as keeping our good ones.

I hate the bowl but today is a day to be happy that Declan has signed up for us.

lets be positive for once !

COYI
Loftyhammer
Has liked: 2233 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Loftyhammer »

Monkeybubbles wrote:Man U nab Pochettino.

Spurs nab Pelligrini.

Pelligrini swaps Declan for Dier.

Just the thought that it could possibly happen has ruined 2019 already.
Wow that’s some real glass half empty kinda thinking! :D

We all know a contract in and of itself is fairly meaningless....but it gives us financial protection if/when one of the sharks come circling.

Hopefully though, this is the start of something. We sign/keep our best players...we get better performances...sign better players...and so the wheel turns the right way. Will take a bit longer but as has been said, it’s preferable to the rich sugar daddy approach IMO
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:There'll never be another Bobby Moore but I can't help being reminded of him whenever I see young Declan Rice play , it's his positioning and his reading of the game that makes him such and outstanding player .... .
I’ve seen others say he reminds them a bit of Bobby. Not saying they’re the same type of player or in the same class but I get the comparison - I think it’s his stance and the way he can bring the ball out from deep positions seemingly with all the time in the world.

There’s echoes (I only said echoes) of one or two other old players there including a wee bit of Trev - I think it’s the languid, composed style, but the player he mosts reminds me of is the young Michael Carrick. Even more than any of that wonderful crop you could tell he was going to make it. Dec reminds me of him in that way. Both were players mature beyond their years. A certain stance too.
Tarte Encore
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Tarte Encore »

This manchild is the cornerstone upon which Pellegrini will be looking to fine tune this team in his image and to think Declan isn't out of his teens yet speaks volumes as to the way he's stepped up to the plate. He's quite feasibly the first name on the team sheet already. The mind boggles at how much more there is to come from him and it feels so good, so galvanising, that we'll get to see that progression with him wearing the C & B for the forseeable.
Let's covet him. Let's enjoy him. Let's do this. :scarfer:
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Best January signing we could've made. Really pleased for us as fans and for Declan whose performances warrant a contract that makes him one of our highest paid players.

Let's hope the release clause (which will inevitably exist) is set at a decent level.

PS The board remain a classless, self-aggrandising bunch of helmets though.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:There'll never be another Bobby Moore but I can't help being reminded of him whenever I see young Declan Rice play , it's his positioning and his reading of the game that makes him such and outstanding player , glad terms have been agreed and let's enjoy watching him play in a West Ham shirt before thinking he'll be playing for anyone else .
Never saw Bobby play, but I think the comparisons are based on the way he observes the play and the speed with which he thinks and reacts. That one interception he made on Thursday to break down an attack was pretty nuts for a teenager. Seemed like everything was happening in slow motion for him.
getback

Post by getback »

Declan's performance level this season has, in my opinion, been the best or most consistent of all of our players. He has continued to perform well, the contract talks do not appear to have fazed him or affected his performance level when another player might have whinged about being on 3 grand a week.

When we score you can see in the way he celebrates how much he currently enjoys playing for us.

He now has a contract until 2024 with an additional option year thrown in. That's 6 and a half plus years.

A lot may change but it goes without saying that we needed to secure him on a long-term deal.

Hopefully he stays for a long-time but we can enjoy the present with his as a part of the team safe in the knowledge that he is under contract and presently committed to WHUFC.
hammer1975
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 1151 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

If there is a release clause - he’ll only go if the club’s ambitions don’t match his own

Time to prove you’ve really turned a corner in the next two windows GSB
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1076 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

Great news.

Can't wait for his first goal, it's gonna go OFF! :scarfer: